How do you see the class finishing?

Advertisement
We don't have an elite DT right now and are a legit top20 defense in the country..your point isn't valid

Valid at all no team has a elite DT this year the eddie Goldman might be the closest thing to a elite DT this year

We don't have an elite DT right now and are a legit top20 defense in the country..your point isn't valid

Yet Nebraska and Georgia Tech ran roughshod all over us in large part because we're so weak at DT, which was the primary reason why we lost both games. And our inability to create any interior disruption or pressure against FSU's passing game was a major factor in their comeback last Saturday.

DT remains an enormous problem.

Advertisement
I hope:
1) We better get Irvin.
2) If we get Green, I think we get his teammate Houston. Extremely unlikely, but we were an OV, so we have a chance.
3) Keep Chatman. But Spence and Gosier can go. Next years class is stacked, so I only want 2-3 Wr's. Of Course Ridley if he want in.
4) We drop a few OL in this class, and pick up Merrck.
5) Not sure what we are doing as far as cb's go. We've been straight up retarded when it's come to recruiting them.

I hope:
1) We better get Irvin.
2) If we get Green, I think we get his teammate Houston. Extremely unlikely, but we were an OV, so we have a chance.
3) Keep Chatman. But Spence and Gosier can go. Next years class is stacked, so I only want 2-3 Wr's. Of Course Ridley if he want in.
5) Not sure what we are doing as far as cb's go. We've been straight up retarded when it's come to recruiting them.

This.

I think. We drop some OL like Christian and Loftus and add Merrick.

Gossier we let go. Spence flips to Auburn. We add either Callaway or Richie Cooper and maybe Peete pending his grades to go with Chatman and put more focus into 2016 receivers.

I think 50/50 we land Norton at DT and Edwards at S.

I think we might land Quarte Sapp at LB.

We land Marcus Lewis and maybe land Davante Davis at corner.

Carlton sticks with OSU.

We go after Redwine or Fenton. For some odd reason we don't go after Hoggins.

We land Tim Irvin.

We land Jalen Julius.

Im not buying any of the Coney and SBB & Ridley rumors right now.

Scarlett aint going anywhere same for Williams.

I do think Chatman will be hard to keep cause I do expect LSU to pursue him.

Advertisement
I think Gosier is in. I just think Al sees an upgraded version of Walford in this kid. 6'6 200lbs. Played basketball at a high level. (Ely wins basketball state titles like CEN and BTW win them in Football) I would be a little upset if we let him walk.

Agree that Christian is out. I think Loftus is in. I think that kid Gauthier could be the one out. I could be wrong. I know people dont like Loftus.

I dont think we get Norton or Edwards.

Got a bad feeling about Calloway and DDavis. I have seen this movie before. Only reason we feel good is because they are BTW boys. If they were at Homestead I dont think we would be even discussing them.

I like our chances with MLewis/TIrvin. And Yes I think Jalen Julius gets a late offer. So does Fenton and we take both.

And I do think that Al drags in a few guys we never heard of late and a few guys that we didnt expect to get.

BTW, maybe i missed it but whats the deal with Shelton Johnson? The DE from Delray? Is he off the board?

I hope:
1) We better get Irvin.

This.

I think. We drop some OL like Christian and Loftus and add Merrick.

Gossier we let go. Spence flips to Auburn. We add either Callaway or Richie Cooper and maybe Peete pending his grades to go with Chatman and put more focus into 2016 receivers.

I think 50/50 we land Norton at DT and Edwards at S.

I think we might land Quarte Sapp at LB.

We land Marcus Lewis and maybe land Davante Davis at corner.

Carlton sticks with OSU.

We go after Redwine or Fenton. For some odd reason we don't go after Hoggins.

We land Tim Irvin.

We land Jalen Julius.

Im not buying any of the Coney and SBB & Ridley rumors right now.

Scarlett aint going anywhere same for Williams.

I do think Chatman will be hard to keep cause I do expect LSU to pursue him.

LSU's actively focusing on trying to flip Daylon Charlot from Alabama. I'd be surprised if they pursued Chatman after waiting this long. One poor camp performance there over the summer may turn out to be our blessing in disguise. But we do have to watch out for TCU, Arizona State, and Arizona, three programs having really impressive seasons. He's taking OVs to all three schools.

And don't get me wrong. I love Gossier potential. And I think Spence is solid.

Gossier a big project and staff has seemed to really cool on Spence.

Callaway likes UF. It's a Miami vs UF battle. Im still leaning with 55 UF, 45 Miami. On our chances.

As for Davis, he does like FSU. Im leaning same way like I did with Callaway. 55 FSU, 45 Miami.

I think a good visit with the both of them could lean things more our way.

I love Richie Cooper game especially if we are trying to find someone in that deep threat Dorsett mold.

Advertisement
Cooper is pretty **** good... of course if you take him now, this board would destroy AL just based on the kids offers and stars. Don't get me wrong, he ain't elite but could be a good possession receiver and returner.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Yet Nebraska and Georgia Tech ran roughshod all over us in large part because we're so weak at DT, which was the primary reason why we lost both games. And our inability to create any interior disruption or pressure against FSU's passing game was a major factor in their comeback last Saturday.

DT remains an enormous problem.
We have moved from being an atrocious defense to being a serviceable one. It's linda like the Randy years, we were ranked high in terms of stats but they don't paint an accurate picture. We play a relatively easy schedule. You look at the games against teams with a pulse offensively to check how good your defense is. Our only decent showing was UNC maybe you put Duke in there. GT, Braska and FSU showed we are not a legit top 20 defense. Still will admit the defense is much better but it's still a tallest midget contest.

Now in terms of recruiting, it all matters how we finish. Win our last 2 and the bowl game and we have juice going into NSD. Kids want to come here, we just got to give them a reason to. They wanted to last year also, but we blew it. In terms of Scarlett, that one will be the recruitment to watch. Frazier is looking like he might stay home and flip, if he does Scarlett is number 3 on their board. All things point to Scarlett really wanting that FSU offer. It is up to us to win out and hope that FSU slow playing him will **** him off and he will stick.

Your defense is as good as how you perform against your best opponents. Its average. When you play FSU and the likes you have to pressure the QB, you have no chance of winning consistently if you don't. They have two much skill players to cover all game. Plus it starts with stuffing the run with 4...so much for that. We are ways away from that. I do expect us to improve the players we have but this class will hurt in 2/3 years if we don't get some uglys.

Advertisement
Back