How do we get chip kelly here?

954canelife

The Bj Wilkes Show
Was done with Golden during after that first Louisville game and now my question is how do we get chip?

There is no way he wins game with what he did at Philly this off season. I dont see any major job openings in college except for us and I think chip would love miami and the players he could get down here and we all know the players down here would love to play in the offense what are you guys thoughts?

Advertisement
UM does not get coaches like Chip Kelly. We cannot afford someone like that. We need to find the New Hampshire Chip Kelly.

Advertisement
Chip Kelly is never coming here....just stop

So what do we do? we use to say we are in the edge of being irrelevant. NO WE ARE THERE!

Miami never hires big time coaches (except Howard), they always have been the school that hires young up and coming guys who use Miami as a stepping stone for the NFL. We also don't have the money to hire somebody as popular as Chip. I am not a fan of Golden and you're right that we do need to start looking for someone else....however, it will not be a splash hire. It will be a typical Miami hire.

I'll draft Demarco Murray in the first round, gauruntee an early season ending injury.

Not that there's anything wrong with Coach Al.

This school charges a Tiffany style price for a TJ Maxx education per Billy Corben. There's a lot of money going somewhere, probably to crooks like Madoff and the POS Shapiro, but it will never be spent on hiring a football coach. Place is a joke in so many ways, and the Board of Trustfund Morons will keep it that way. Just no competence anywhere, especially with our Div 3 type athletic department. Am so disgusted with the way things are run at this school. It's a joke. Thus our football team is a joke, too. Hiring a real coach here is a pipe dream.

Only way this changes is if we get a new President that cleans house in Coral Gables, and I'm not sure this bunch we have picking Donna's successor is smart enough to do that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Besides the other points made, I highly doubt we will hire anyone with an NCAA record regardless of if the show cause has expired.

I don't think he'd be willing to come here as CAG's OC but it might be worth exploring if Coach Colly gets a HC gig after this season.

It should be easy to hire Chip Kelly away from the Eagles based on some of the logic I've witnessed on this site. Here's how it goes:

If our former assistants moving to the NFL is a demotion, than moving from the NFL to UM is a promotion. Every person wants to be promoted. Chip Kelly is a person. Therefore, Chip Kelly would want to be promoted to UM.

Advertisement
It should be easy to hire Chip Kelly away from the Eagles based on some of the logic I've witnessed on this site. Here's how it goes:

If our former assistants moving to the NFL is a demotion, than moving from the NFL to UM is a promotion. Every person wants to be promoted. Chip Kelly is a person. Therefore, Chip Kelly would want to be promoted to UM.

That's sound and irrefutable, but does it apply when an NFL HC would come to UM as an OC? I could see it applying if CAG retired and Coach Kelly came in as HC, but I'm not sure it would be a promotion to come here as OC.

That's sound and irrefutable, but does it apply when an NFL HC would come to UM as an OC? I could see it applying if CAG retired and Coach Kelly came in as HC, but I'm not sure it would be a promotion to come here as OC.

Coral Gables is God's Country. If Chip Kelly is a man of God, he will view any position at UM (which is in CG) as a promotion, and want to take it. And why wouldn't he want to learn from a great man and coach like C.A.G.? As you've pointed out many times, the old metrics for measuring success are trash. We are on to new metrics. C.A.G. is the, for lack of a better term, king of the new metric for success.

Chip Kelly to Miami is so silly not worth acknowledging the notion. As for Miami not hiring big name coaches with the exception of Howard, believe Howard was the receiver coach on the Dolphins staff. Folks weren't exactly knocking on his door.

Advertisement
Too much would have to happen.

-We'd need a new school president that is committed to winning in athletics
-Chip Kelly would need to have a monstrously disastrous season resulting in his firing
-We'd have to hope he's interested in coaching at Miami and that the timing of Golden's firing is right
-We'd have to outbid a bunch of schools with money to burn

We aren't that lucky.

Coral Gables is God's Country. If Chip Kelly is a man of God, he will view any position at UM (which is in CG) as a promotion, and want to take it. And why wouldn't he want to learn from a great man and coach like C.A.G.? As you've pointed out many times, the old metrics for measuring success are trash. We are on to new metrics. C.A.G. is the, for lack of a better term, king of the new metric for success.

Fellas, Fellas.

Slow down.

Miami can't afford both Al Golden and Chip Kelly.

Advertisement
Back