How Clemson build a program

the same way every team has risen, because we cant peotect sfla. once we lock the gate those school will be good not great and we will be elite. i just dont see it happening though time will tell, at the same time next year we will know even if we dont have a great year recruiting will tell u all u need to know

How do you propose we lock the gate?

Advertisement
the same way every team has risen, because we cant peotect sfla. once we lock the gate those school will be good not great and we will be elite. i just dont see it happening though time will tell, at the same time next year we will know even if we dont have a great year recruiting will tell u all u need to know

They have 4 players from south Florida, only 2 of them make an impact in Alexander and Kearse. Most of their Florida guys are in the the Tampa area or Orlando: great athletes from all over not just south Florida. Look at Wayne gallman and deshawn watson

Dabo took a gigantic gamble that's how--

He was on the hot seat after Hankerson went ham on them in Death Valley. Since their offense was putrid, they fired the OC and brought in Chad Morris (big gamble at the time). From that point on they were picking up steam in recruiting and Morris offense was humming. Then he hired DC venables and recruited Watson (Morris recruit). Sprinkle in a few Florida studs.

Also Clemson has no problem slinging cash around. They don't do it like Ole Miss, but every year they buy a couple kids. Clemson has big money and huge/ Dedicated alumni support. Their new facility is bigger and better then what Bama has.

This in a nutshell.

How did Clemson build a program so fast? Can someone give me their opinion on this? An opinion other than "the bagman" myth.

They don't look as big as Alabama physically, but they do look strong and relentless.

Is Dabo an elite "motivator"?

dabo is an elite coach (he will succeed saban at alabama) and venables is an elite dc. they've recruited very well and finally stockpiled a defense to match their uptempo offense. also having a talent like watson doesn't hurt anything.

I never thought of that but that very well could be the way it plays out. How many more years does Saban coach? 3? 5?

This bagmen **** is hilarious. Clemson has several guys that were not highly recruited guys but they were developed. Bagmen aint paying for 3 star recruits.

Advertisement
Tbh, Tommy Bowden didn't leave them in a bad spot. Dabo has just taken it to another level with the recruiting.

How do you propose we lock the gate?

Win and its locked, at least locked enough.

UM had the pick of the litter NATIONALLY when winning, UM certainly can keep just a few more difference makers home (Cooper, etc.) when UM is relevant again. Bottom line is that most folks saw Al was a boob by mid year-3. And if we saw it, so did the local talent and their coaches, so they spurned UM and went to get real coaching elsewhere.

Richt ends that, because he is a pro with a solid staff and the kids know that.

Winning cures all.

On the pre-game, I heard that Saban is a devout Roman Catholic. It's surprising to me that Notre Dame has not made a run at Saban and shown those hillbillies what real money is.

It took Dabo about 4 years to figure out what he was doing. They finished the season unranked in 2 of those seasons. And it took him 5 years to break into the top 20.

Also ... As ridiculous as it sounds ... I think that 70 spot WVU put on them in the Orange Bowl was the turning point for that program.

Advertisement
This bagmen **** is hilarious. Clemson has several guys that were not highly recruited guys but they were developed. Bagmen aint paying for 3 star recruits.

Yeah that bagman must have paid Hunter Renfrow millions...

Bagmen or not, they've recruited top notch players the past 4-5 years. Lots of 4-5 star dudes on that roster at key positions. Jimmys and Joes.

nah, those big beasts you saw on those lines last night were not from south florida,that's how they're winning

Advertisement
I'm glad we don't have to play them in the regular season. Amen. Note: they probably won't have
a Deshaun in 2017.

Easy.

Take every kid that would have gone to Miami in the past and GET THEM. ALL.

Rinse. Repeat. Profit.

Crazy-good recruiting.

I'd like to change my answer. After further review, their recruiting rankings haven't been much better than ours, so I'll go with coaching.

But their evaluations have been better. At a minimum, fewer misses equals greater depth across the board.. It also increases the chances you strike lightning in a bottle more often even if they are not named Sammy Watkins.

Advertisement
They have DT's and a excellent QB. The rest takes care of itself.

Crazy-good recruiting.

I'd like to change my answer. After further review, their recruiting rankings haven't been much better than ours, so I'll go with coaching.

But their evaluations have been better. At a minimum, fewer misses equals greater depth across the board.. It also increases the chances you strike lightning in a bottle more often even if they are not named Sammy Watkins.

I don't think it's evaluations. These guys don't have a crystal ball. Better position coaching, likely way better S&C, and way better coordinators.

Crazy-good recruiting.

I don't think it's evaluations. These guys don't have a crystal ball. Better position coaching, likely way better S&C, and way better coordinators.

It's most likely a combination of all of the above. You're only as strong as your weakest link. People always point to a success here and there, but overall, we've had too many weak links recently.

I think they pretty much did what Miami started this year. They opened up the bank to get the money needed to get the coaches and facilities to compete. Hitting on a star QB always helps. If Alexander didn't get hurt, I think Clemson would have won that game.

Advertisement
Back