How 'Canes & Golden Are Perceived (from an NFL team board)

The thing is for Golden to get the boot things need to go very badly. I see another mediocre performance and at the end of the year we'll be shaking our heads wondering how we lost Cincy, UNC, and VT. Golden will still be the boss and the best possible scenario he fires Dorito and goes with a better schematic fit to the talent in south florida.

Advertisement
Can't argue with anything here:

Yeah Miami continues to get good recruiting classes and do nothing with them. They need a coach that can really develop players and coach up the defense to not be paper soft in the front 7. Their secondary is pretty talented but they don't play overly aggressive. Their offensive line and overall offensive talent is sufficient to hang with most teams IMO.

Johnson, Watford, Bush, Yearby, Perryman, Crawford, Howard, Dorsett, Coley, and most of the offensive line are good players. Kayaa is starting to look decent for being a freshman. If Miami had some semblance of a defensive line and some physical play they might actually be a team worth mentioning. Right now to me they look like a jumble of good prospects that can easily be exploited by lesser talented but better coached teams. This team might be lucky to have the same overall record as last years team.

I think they have 2-5 more losses in them and likely would be at the bottom end of a top 50 ranking at best this year.

Nothing else needs to be said.

Can't argue with anything here:

Yeah Miami continues to get good recruiting classes and do nothing with them. They need a coach that can really develop players and coach up the defense to not be paper soft in the front 7. Their secondary is pretty talented but they don't play overly aggressive. Their offensive line and overall offensive talent is sufficient to hang with most teams IMO.

Johnson, Watford, Bush, Yearby, Perryman, Crawford, Howard, Dorsett, Coley, and most of the offensive line are good players. Kayaa is starting to look decent for being a freshman. If Miami had some semblance of a defensive line and some physical play they might actually be a team worth mentioning. Right now to me they look like a jumble of good prospects that can easily be exploited by lesser talented but better coached teams. This team might be lucky to have the same overall record as last years team.

I think they have 2-5 more losses in them and likely would be at the bottom end of a top 50 ranking at best this year.

Nothing else needs to be said.

Just noticed your signature at bottom of post lmao....

From an NFL perspective, it behooves them to have crappy coaches and development here. They can pick up guys like Allen Hurns after the draft, Seantrel in the 7th round, etc. It only sucks for us because we have to watch them underachieve.

Allen Hurns is a terrible example. He was a very good player here who was probably underappreciated by the fans. Then those NFL scouts that you are giving so much credit failed to draft him because he's not physically impressive. If Jacksonville truly had Hurns pegged as some diamond in the rough they would've taken him in the 6th or 7th. They missed on him just like everyone else then they lucked out when he fell into their lap. He succeeded here and he's succeeding there.

Seantrel is obviously a better example of a guy who underachieved although a lot of that is on him.

Hurns is not a terrible example. He had one good season here really. I've seen several NFL guys say they had him on their priority UFA list. He went to Jax because of his familiarity with Fisch, but he could've signed with any number of teams. They didn't miss on him. They knew they could get him after the draft for a lot less money. And when did I give the NFL scouts "so much credit"?

Hurns started a ton of games here, is in the top 10 in multiple receiving categories, and had one of the top-5 seasons of any receiver in school history--arguably the best. Despite this, he went undrafted. He went to the pros, balled preseason, and is doing well in-season. Sorry, but that is not the picture of a guy who figured it out at the next level. That is a picture of a guy who was underrated and undervalued--not surprising because he doesn't jump out at you with speed/athleticism. If he puts up a thousand yards and you asked all the teams who passed on him in the 6th and 7th round whether they missed, the answer is yes because they could've DRAFTED him and not had him deciding on Jacksonville as some undrafted FA.

LOL at priority free agent.

Agree. Guy had top 7 stats for receptions and yards at Miami. He was flat out undervalued.

Same goes for Linder. Guy had a ton of starts here and was very productive. He was banged up a bit but he was also very undervalued by the pros.

LOL at CG is a terrible college town. its not a college town. its a ******* suburb in miami

Advertisement
Henderson played well on the field at Miami.

In fact it wasn't until Golden's crew got here did he lose a lot of bad weight, and get himself in good condition.

His problem was off the field, pro day workout, etc...

Agree.

Hurns should have been drafted. He performed at Miami, but was undervalued because of the team's lack of success.

The teams that didn't draft him, missed. No question, given he could have been had in the 6th or 7th round.

From an NFL perspective, it behooves them to have crappy coaches and development here. They can pick up guys like Allen Hurns after the draft, Seantrel in the 7th round, etc. It only sucks for us because we have to watch them underachieve.

Allen Hurns is a terrible example. He was a very good player here who was probably underappreciated by the fans. Then those NFL scouts that you are giving so much credit failed to draft him because he's not physically impressive. If Jacksonville truly had Hurns pegged as some diamond in the rough they would've taken him in the 6th or 7th. They missed on him just like everyone else then they lucked out when he fell into their lap. He succeeded here and he's succeeding there.

Seantrel is obviously a better example of a guy who underachieved although a lot of that is on him.

Hurns is not a terrible example. He had one good season here really. I've seen several NFL guys say they had him on their priority UFA list. He went to Jax because of his familiarity with Fisch, but he could've signed with any number of teams. They didn't miss on him. They knew they could get him after the draft for a lot less money. And when did I give the NFL scouts "so much credit"?

Hurns started a ton of games here, is in the top 10 in multiple receiving categories, and had one of the top-5 seasons of any receiver in school history--arguably the best. Despite this, he went undrafted. He went to the pros, balled preseason, and is doing well in-season. Sorry, but that is not the picture of a guy who figured it out at the next level. That is a picture of a guy who was underrated and undervalued--not surprising because he doesn't jump out at you with speed/athleticism. If he puts up a thousand yards and you asked all the teams who passed on him in the 6th and 7th round whether they missed, the answer is yes because they could've DRAFTED him and not had him deciding on Jacksonville as some undrafted FA.

Hey, I agree he was undervalued and underrated, and I'm sure a lot of those NFL scouts are kicking themselves now. But hindsight is 20/20. Every team 'missed' on him by your definition. You can laugh all you want, but I've seen NFL GM's come out and say that they wanted Hurns as a UFA, but he turned them down. Believe what you want. Doesn't bother me.

Oh look another coaching thread......

Where's the thread on TROB and Muschamps awesome DB that didn't get drafted?

Or how Jimbos QB that can't do **** in the NFL

I don't know why you guys waste your time complaining. Nothing is gonna happen to anyone until the BOT do anything. No one will listen to us fans

Hey Jackass-- if you don't like the thread, then move on and look for another one.

This **** is valid, whether you wanna hear or know about how those outside the program perceive us, or not. And yeah, we all know that nothing happens unless the BOT moves on this, so thanks for the scintillating analysis. Maybe you could look at this for what it is-- like someone above said "funny how everyone sees what's wrong with this team except..."

No need for calling. Let's be a grown up when we talk

Grown-ups don't whine... and act all butt hurt when they post drivel and get served. Take it somewhere else

Never whined... butt hurt??....don't know who your serving?

But it's ok....your the boss....your in charge....please don't bully me....

Condescending, passive-aggressive & annoying is no way to go through life son. Don't go way mad. (just go away).

Advertisement

Hey, I agree he was undervalued and underrated, and I'm sure a lot of those NFL scouts are kicking themselves now. But hindsight is 20/20. Every team 'missed' on him by your definition. You can laugh all you want, but I've seen NFL GM's come out and say that they wanted Hurns as a UFA, but he turned them down. Believe what you want. Doesn't bother me.

You're missing the point although I won't continue to post on this. Every team DID miss on Hurns unless they had little need at receiver. If you drafted some marginal guy in the 6th/7th who didn't make your team INSTEAD of Allen Hurns, you missed.

Your original post inferred that Hurns "underachieved" here and that as a result NFLers could consciously sit back and not bother drafting him instead waiting for him to be a UFA. That is nonsense. They didn't draft him because they didn't think he was good enough to warrant a draft pick, not because he underachieved. That's pretty simple. And they were WRONG. Hurns was excellent here and he's doing well up there. This is not the first time the pros missed on a guy because he's not that tall or fast.

I'm laughing because you're acting like a "priority UFA" or whatever amounts to something. Anybody who's not drafted wasn't considered that desirable, period. It was a miss. Jacksonville I'm sure would tell you they themselves missed on him by not drafting him in the 6th/7th. They just got lucky.

The same Hurns that broke records his senior year here? Seems to me he had a great senior season, but the NFL wasn't paying attention.

Hey Jackass-- if you don't like the thread, then move on and look for another one.

This **** is valid, whether you wanna hear or know about how those outside the program perceive us, or not. And yeah, we all know that nothing happens unless the BOT moves on this, so thanks for the scintillating analysis. Maybe you could look at this for what it is-- like someone above said "funny how everyone sees what's wrong with this team except..."

No need for calling. Let's be a grown up when we talk

Grown-ups don't whine... and act all butt hurt when they post drivel and get served. Take it somewhere else

Never whined... butt hurt??....don't know who your serving?

But it's ok....your the boss....your in charge....please don't bully me....

Condescending, passive-aggressive & annoying is no way to go through life son. Don't go way mad. (just go away).

Insulting me by calling me a Jackass is not the way to go through life....

I never called you an derogatory names or insinuated you were a Jackass...

Im allowed to have my opinion just like you are. If you don't like mine then (just go away)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bottom of the line...Golden is a thief stealing money from Miami, he is a fraud who hasn't ever beaten a decent team

Bottom of the line...Golden is a thief stealing money from Miami, he is a fraud who hasn't ever beaten a decent team

How is stealing when the university gave him an extension. You gonna turn down an extension from your boss?? He'll no....

And don't give me i would do the honorable thing and quit if I wasn't good cause that's pure BS.

If anyone stealing it's D'onforio

No, he's not a thief... He's more like that girlfriend that some poor schlep has that he keep's on spending money on... He buys her gifts and pays her bills, but he never gets any. Every once in a while when no one is watching, she'll give him a little peck on the cheek to string him on a little longer, to keep that gravy train rolling. Duke was a peck on the cheek, and look how many here at CIS are willing to buy another bauble...

No, a thief comes by his money much more honestly...

:pitbull:

Advertisement

I don't think allen Hurns underachieved I think he actually worked hard committed and look at him now
It hurts that miami can not put together a string of wins and show case these kids talent

Oddly if golden lucks up and wins the coastal we will have another year of this bs

I don't know rather to root for losses for the sake of a new coach (butch) in or wins because I want to see us win

Advertisement
Back