How can we dominate?

fraggle

Senile Senior
When we have become so **** nice. No controversy, no bad boyz, no taunting, no in your face Hurricane attitude.....sorry I forgot the NCAA neutered us...****! What can we do to INTIMIDATE AGAIN? I miss the brashness, the hood. The original Orange Bowl was intimidating just to park at, not clean and nice like Hard Rock. The most recent intimidators I can recall were Shockey and Ray Lewis. As I said, we are so nice now, isn't that sickening?

Advertisement
Remember when we got in a brawl with FIU on our way to a 7-6 season? That edge sure helped us there.

Remember the very next year, the last game in the Orange Bowl, where we lost 48-0 to UVA? That scary stadium sure helped us there.

The 2001 team wasn't scary but it was the greatest football team in history.

Advertisement
Alonzo said it to boz because he worked harder (imo). It wasn't the OB, the Logo, the Swagger, or the Chain.

de48250a26c67bf98cf9782f90580766.gif

I think the poster has a point. In my life time, when the Canes have dominated it is when they were mad as **** and were not going to take it any more. Take our first national championship game. Nebraska was the dream team all week heading up to the game. The players heard it and found a way to win. It takes angry players sometimes to win games. Remember the Cotton Bowl when Stan Thomas bad mouthed us all week before the game? Well Robert Bailey shut him the **** up on the opening kickoff when he knocked the returner out. Remember the rematch with Notre Dame and 3rd and 44 and thrill hill and Erickson converting? I could add almost all of our wins in the 1990's to that. Our players get MAD when they are disrespected. And we are being disrespected by both the media base and our own fans this week. They should be MAD as **** and not happy at being an underdog, period, versus Alabama. They should be furious at being an 18 point dog by Vegas. They should **** well want not to make it a close contest but to reclaim their team manhood and win the freaking game. I know Bama has the 4 and 5 stars. You think Miami was all 4 and 5 stars when we were champs? **** no. We were out recruited almost every year by Booby Bowden. But our players were mad as **** and weren't going to take it anymore. That is what we need to see Saturday. Players who know they are being disrespected and play like they are mad as **** and are not going to take it anymore.

When we have become so **** nice. No controversy, no bad boyz, no taunting, no in your face Hurricane attitude.....sorry I forgot the NCAA neutered us...****! What can we do to INTIMIDATE AGAIN? I miss the brashness, the hood. The original Orange Bowl was intimidating just to park at, not clean and nice like Hard Rock. The most recent intimidators I can recall were Shockey and Ray Lewis. As I said, we are so nice now, isn't that sickening?
Crack is Whack! This is Alabama my friend, the defending national champion filled is mostly 5 stars at every position.

Advertisement
Dominating and intimidating are two separate things.

Advertisement
U have to get excellent players who talk the talk and walk the walk. Anyone can talk **** but who would if u suck? We neutered ourselves we didn't need the ncaas help

Way to completely NOT get it op.

I think the poster has a point. In my life time, when the Canes have dominated it is when they were mad as **** and were not going to take it any more. Take our first national championship game. Nebraska was the dream team all week heading up to the game. The players heard it and found a way to win. It takes angry players sometimes to win games. Remember the Cotton Bowl when Stan Thomas bad mouthed us all week before the game? Well Robert Bailey shut him the **** up on the opening kickoff when he knocked the returner out. Remember the rematch with Notre Dame and 3rd and 44 and thrill hill and Erickson converting? I could add almost all of our wins in the 1990's to that. Our players get MAD when they are disrespected. And we are being disrespected by both the media base and our own fans this week. They should be MAD as **** and not happy at being an underdog, period, versus Alabama. They should be furious at being an 18 point dog by Vegas. They should **** well want not to make it a close contest but to reclaim their team manhood and win the freaking game. I know Bama has the 4 and 5 stars. You think Miami was all 4 and 5 stars when we were champs? **** no. We were out recruited almost every year by Booby Bowden. But our players were mad as **** and weren't going to take it anymore. That is what we need to see Saturday. Players who know they are being disrespected and play like they are mad as **** and are not going to take it anymore.
They say teams take on the personality of their coach. Well we don't have the type of coach that will inspire the guys to play mad as ****. I watched the Hurricanes All Access special on the ACC Network. Manny speaks to the team like one of those corporate motivational speakers hired for a team building exercise.

Advertisement
They say teams take on the personality of their coach. Well we don't have the type of coach that will inspire the guys to play mad as ****. I watched the Hurricanes All Access special on the ACC Network. Manny speaks to the team like one of those corporate motivational speakers hired for a team building exercise.
I came to that same conclusion based on that show, even though it might be a small sample. i Think he needs to be able to command more respect, but his tactics have to work in order for him to do that.

The U hired Donna and conjunction with the BOT went wine and cheese while college football blew past us. Once other teams line baga started winning, building great facilities, racking up 1st rounders and cherry picking our boys, we were too far behind to make a local impact with top SOFL talent. This season is critical to putting this fence partially back up and attracting top recruits. Saturday is our chance to impress.

Advertisement
Back