How Can it be that...

A player can go from committed pretty solidly to one school, and within a weekend all of a sudden it's a battle between 2 other schools? Makes zero sense to me... How can everything that had you sold to the school you were committed disappear into thin air and now 2 other places are better options.. Doesn't add up

You can't blame this kid. If he goes to FSU, he'll likely be in the mix for a national championship every year he is there. If he goes to Miami maybe he'll win the Coastal division of the ACC. I don't know anyone that wouldn't want to be playing for National Championships.

You very well can blame the kid. Don't commit if that is not where you want to be. Players are not forced to make a decision until the 1st Tuesday of Feb. If you want to go somewhere and have hope to get that elusive offer, wait until then to make the decision. Making a commitment publicly and then breaking it reflects poorly on a persons character (by both partied I will add, coaches are not better), a man is only as good as his word.
As it has been posted many times, these kids commit to hold a place in line just in case, when something better comes along they bail.

Advertisement
I'm still trying to figure out how FSU and UF are his better options. JS can come in here and get significant playing time right away. Three years and done. I don't see him getting much playing time at either FSU or UF next year. FSU has two RBs that will get 95% of the snaps. UF also has two RBs that will get the ball. If he comes in, he should see significant playing time here. His competition is another freshman, Yearby and Edwards.

there is no logic with these kids

Who knows? Could have been a game all the way. Hes a U school kid and Folden pretty much ****ed everything up as much as possible at that school. Quincy Wilson and Skai Moore should be Canes. That would have gone a long way in helping land Scarlett. Instead we gave a scholarship to Ray Lewis III and chased the impossible dream in Matthew Thomas. Golden is got **** clueless.

You can blame the kids if you want, but they are not the ones being paid millions of dollars to do a job and failing at it. Golden has now proven that he is just as big a slim liar smuck as any DI coach. But just like on the field, he stinks off the filed too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back