How big will home-field advantage be at Hard Rock?

So with the third (and final?) stage of renovations set to be finished for the upcoming season, what can we expect going forward.

As a UM fan, what do you like best about the "new" stadium?

What, if anything, do you think should've been done differently?

Does 65k seem about right capacity-wise?

Will the state of the art stadium help give the Canes the best home-field advantage in the ACC (assuming we are a Top 10 caliber team)?

Is this going to be a big boost to CMR's recruiting compared to what many felt was a stale environment at the stadium before this three-year, $500M renovation project?

Advertisement
We can expect a sell out against Notre Dame and about 40-45k for all other home games.

Will the state of the art stadium help give the Canes the best home-field advantage in the ACC (assuming we are a Top 10 caliber team)

Yup. Right up there with Clemson, FSU, & VaTech. Goosebumps just thinking about it.
... Ha.

Last edited:
We can expect a sell out against Notre Dame and about 40-45k for all other home games.

And it still gets loud with the roof holding all the sound in.

It's going to be crazy during that ND game, the FSU game had my ears ringing for a week.

It's going to be what it has always been: Packed for big games(If the 'Canes are playing good football), but so so for any other game that lacks appeal. That said, the improvements will help Miami sell premium tickets which is where the profit is. This is all about revenue, and creating additional seating options for those that can afford it. Richt will be able to use the renovations in recruiting, there are few, if any college programs playing in a stadium this nice.

Advertisement
It's going to be what it has always been: Packed for big games(If the 'Canes are playing good football), but so so for any other game that lacks appeal. That said, the improvements will help Miami sell premium tickets which is where the profit is. This is all about revenue, and creating additional seating options for those that can afford it. Richt will be able to use the renovations in recruiting, there are few, if any college programs playing in a stadium this nice.

There may be a nicer stadium, I just can't think of one off the top of my head to be honest.

It is the best stadium we have today. If team plays nasty and scares people, the stadium will provided the backdrop, and the fans will provide the atmosphere.

Advertisement
Some of you boys saying 45k at all home games weren't there for those FAU/FAMU games...

That was the first two games with a new coach and a newly renovated stadium.

You are ****ed, because stadium named after you is not always filled.

Naw not ****ed. Attendance has always been spotty. Lots to do in South Florida.

I happen to think the stadium is top-notch and we're very lucky to be playing there.

Advertisement
I don't care how fancy they make it or how many nightclubs they put in that *****, it'll never live up to that beautiful ****hole called the OB. :confusion:

Some of you boys saying 45k at all home games weren't there for those FAU/FAMU games...

That was the first two games with a new coach and a newly renovated stadium.

You are ****ed, because stadium named after you is not always filled.

Naw not ****ed. Attendance has always been spotty. Lots to do in South Florida.

I happen to think the stadium is top-notch and we're very lucky to be playing there.

Glad you are clear, I continue to me impressed with the naming of the place, you have received your just due>

Coming form someone who went to every home game prior to the renovations, it's much nicer now. Just getting a bit of shade on an September afternoon is a 10000% improvement. As for atmosphere, the roof definitely amplifies the crowd noise. The FSU game last season was the loudest football game I've ever been to and I've been to dozens of classics in the OB. Attendance is what it always is. If the team is winning they'll draw 50k+ for bum teams and sell out against ND. If they are mediocre, you're looking at around 40-45K for most of the home games. This is by far, the most fair weather fan base in college football.

Advertisement
I don't care how fancy they make it or how many nightclubs they put in that *****, it'll never live up to that beautiful ****hole called the OB. :confusion:

I was fortunate enough to spend several big time games (FSU, Nebraska, ND etc.) on the sidelines at the OB in the late 80's through early 90's. Those teams and the sideline experience ruined me because sitting in the stands no matter how close didn't come close to being on the sidelines.

Advertisement
Back