Houston RT Grad Transfer Jarrid Williams enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s awful. I’ve been.
The campus area is cool and basically it's own town, but yes WaKo sucks *** as a town, I agree. Although I have been to Houston quite a few times and it was a hot, steamy concrete jungle of crap from what I recall.

Advertisement
And that's all that matters. Of course, Baylor won 1 game in 2017. So if we strictly went by what teams did the previous season, Baylor should still be a 1 win team.

LOL at the sadsack nincompoops on here incapable of any sort of analysis or thinking.

CIS mongologic: Team A won 11 games in 2019. Team B won 6 games in 2019. Team A is automatically better than Team B in 2020.

Also Team A lost their head coach to the NFL and replaced him with a coordinator who will be a head coach for the first time.

Last 10 seasons:
Miami 75-53
Baylor: 83-47

Honestly not the disparity between the programs that I thought given how successful Baylor was this decade. But Baylor did have more consistent highs than Miami for sure (EDIT: 5* double-digit win seasons, 5 bowl wins).

Advertisement
If you guys can't see that Baylor has been a FAR SUPERIOR program over the last decade I don't know what to tell you. Not to mention the conference schedule they have to play year in and year out as compared to our patty cake conference slate year each year. You guys need to wake up and smell the roses. You can't put us side by side with good programs any longer. Those days are well behind us whether you want to believe it or not.

I've been to Lubbock as well

Complete ****holes
There's not a ton of Big 12 cities I look at that I absolutely would love to visit. I do really like Austin, and I think Fort Worth isn't bad. But I went to Stillwater last season to cover a game and had a miserable time. I can't imagine places like Lawrence, Manhattan, Norman, Lubbock, Waco are that much better.

Advertisement
This is from the latest article I could find on him:

"Miami offensive line transfer target Jarrid Williams is now considered a high three-star prospect according to 247Sports.
The network came out with some new rankings for players in the NCAA's transfer portal on Thursday and gave Williams a grade of an "88" after evaluating him.
Williams started 13 games at right tackle for Houston in 2018 and allowed just two sacks according to the folks at Pro Football Focus. The Lone Star State native appeared in four games this past season for the Cougars before suffering a season-ending injury.
The
Hurricanes are currently battling FSU, Ole Miss, Baylor and USC for Williams' services. A decision could come soon.

If you guys can't see that Baylor has been a FAR SUPERIOR program over the last decade I don't know what to tell you. Not to mention the conference schedule they have to play year in and year out as compared to our patty cake conference slate year each year. You guys need to wake up and smell the roses. You can't put us side by side with good programs any longer. Those days are well behind us whether you want to believe it or not.
Why is a decade the magical time frame? How about the last 4 years, which is typical scholarship turnover period? During that time frame, Baylor has 26 wins and Miami has 32.

Why is a decade the magical time frame? How about the last 4 years, which is typical scholarship turnover period? During that time frame, Baylor has 26 wins and Miami has 32.

You pick the time frame which makes Miami look the worst. Don’t you know that’s how it goes when you’re a miserable fūck?

Advertisement
The way I see it, if Williams comes here then we can afford to redshirt Donaldson. If he goes to Baylor then we'll need Donaldson to play guard because the situation at tackle will remain so poor that Scaife will need to play RT.
Donaldson doesn’t seem like he would be in favor of red shirting.

Lol relax man, most of that success was over the first of the decade. Miami has more wins than Baylor in the last five seasons and that's WITH Baylor having two double digit win seasons. You can't judge the program from the first half of the decade and say it's the same now, that was a different coach under a totally different program.

And did I miss something about the Big 12 being some sort of juggernaut? Oklahoma has been the one consistent, with a team like Baylor/TCU/Texas occasionally popping up behind them, then a bunch of okay to bad team. Not sure how they're that much better than ACC.

Advertisement
I hope he comes here, I was LOL'ing at our "fans" in here acting like we did not just go 6-7 with a putrid schedule and some of the worst loses in all of college football. Those are facts, even if you homers don't like them they are.

Has nothing to do with "homer".

I acknowledge the terrible 2019 year.

I also acknowledge that we hired a new OL coach and a new OC. So if a kid is looking at whether Miami can make an improvement, there is some additional evidence to consider. Not just "last year".

Good lord, you just act as if "last year" is some unavoidable fact that can never be addressed or fixed.

How about 1 year, that's REAL recent for a young man
Team A:
11-3
Played in Sugar Bowl
All 3 losses to Top 10 teams

Team B:
6-7
Played in WeedEater Bowl (became first Power 5 ever shutout by Non Power 5 school in Bowl history)
Lost the most games ever in a season when favored by 15 points in the history of CFB
Lost homecoming to FIU

You like that one?

You pick the time frame which makes Miami look the worst. Don’t you know that’s how it goes when you’re a miserable fūck?
Only on a Miami board do the miserable fckbags look for a magical time period that paints Miami in the worst possible light when discussing the relative position of programs. They do contortions to include the records from the Baylor Rape Era led by a guy who hasn't coached since then because he was such a disgrace. The BRE is such an abomination that Baylor fans even try to avoid it, yet alleged Miami fans are in here using the BRE to try to make Miami look bad.

None of them want to talk about the relevant time period, which is the last 4 years, because Miami wins in that stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back