Not open for further replies.
Team A the past decade:
11 wins 3 times
10 wins twice
Top 13 ranking 5 times

Team B past decade:
10 wins ONCE
ONE Top 13 ranking

Not sure if serious, but this is an example of what I call blatant HOMERISM. I enjoy the laughs though

Advertisement
I am not overly concerned about the past 10 years. I think that's an irrelevant view of "better program." FSU would blow both Miami and Baylor away if you want to look at a 10 year snapshot. I doubt you would say FSU is in better shape than both. I think 4 years (the time it takes for a coach to have a full roster of his own players) is a more useful timeframe. In that 4 year window Miami has a 10 win season while Baylor had a 1 win season. Who has had more NFL draft picks? If a player has to bet on one team to raise his profile and improve his draft stock, I don't think it's "even debatable" that Miami would be the better option.
Look I hope we land him, and I'm not a Baylor fan. But sometimes our retarded fans say outlandish crap that is embarrassing to read.

Stop it with the "it's not even debatable" bullcrap.

Draft picks 2011-2020:
First round - Baylor 5, UM 4
Second round - UM 3, Baylor 3
Third round - UM 9, Baylor 2
Fourth round - UM 11, Baylor 4
Fifth round - UM 7, Baylor 2
Sixth round - UM 12, Baylor 7
Seventh round - Baylor 7, UM 6

So Rounds 1, 2, and 7 are pretty even, while Miami destroys Baylor in Rounds 3-6.

Isn't that one of the measures of a program? Developing players for the NFL?

Again, I acknowledge that Baylor has a better winning percentage. But let's look closer.

2010-2019 - Baylor goes 83-47
2010-2019 - UM goes 75-53

If this was baseball, Baylor would be 7 games ahead of us. Over 10 years. So that's 0.7 games per year.

But, yeah, "it's not even debatable".

Yes, it is.
See and I thought Wins and Losses/Bowl games/Rankings/Etc were how you measured a program? At least that's what I do

Advertisement
Team A the past decade:
11 wins 3 times
10 wins twice
Top 13 ranking 5 times

Team B past decade:
10 wins ONCE
ONE Top 13 ranking

Not sure if serious, but this is an example of what I call blatant HOMERISM. I enjoy the laughs though
Yes because the last decade is relevant when discussing what a current player thinks. Make it the last 30 years, and Miami owns Baylor.

Look at the last 4 years, and eat your L.

Yes because the last decade is relevant when discussing what a current player thinks. Make it the last 30 years, and Miami owns Baylor.

Look at the last 4 years, and eat your L.

LOL, MAKE IT ONE YEAR, NOW WHO WINS!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

:larryd:

Advertisement
Team A the past decade:
11 wins 3 times
10 wins twice
Top 13 ranking 5 times

Team B past decade:
10 wins ONCE
ONE Top 13 ranking

Why 10 years? Why not go back 20? Its probably just as meaningful to a transfer prospect looking for a 1 year boost. In 2017, you couldn't turn on ESPN without seeing the turnover chain. And that wasn't even a particularly good team. Most people in the country likely aren't aware that Baylor won 11 games last year. If Miami has any success, the team will get tons of hype, helping a kids draft status. Baylor will barely register on the radar.

National championships in last 20
Miami 1
Baylor 0

Team A the past decade:
11 wins 3 times
10 wins twice
Top 13 ranking 5 times

Team B past decade:
10 wins ONCE
ONE Top 13 ranking

I don't understand what is wrong with you.

You "drop some stats" and walk away as if you've won. You falsely claim things "aren't debatable".

Meanwhile, I talk about the good and the bad. I realize that things are a closer call than you make them out to be.

Here's a thought. Williams is going to play 1 year. The last 3 times Baylor has had a new coach, they went 4-8, 7-6, and 1-11. The last 3 times Miami has had a new coach, they went 6-6, 9-4, and 6-7.

See, I can quote stats too. The difference between you and I is that I don't act as if I have definitively proven something, and that it is "not debatable".

This kid, who is only going to play one year, might not see Baylor as SOOOO much better than Miami, as a "program". Or, he might choose Baylor because his HS coach is now at Baylor, but unlike you, I'm not going to assume that Williams will make that choice just because Baylor is 0.7 games better per year than Miami is over the past decade.

Advertisement
Why 10 years? Why not go back 20? Its probably just as meaningful to a transfer prospect looking for a 1 year boost. In 2017, you couldn't turn on ESPN without seeing the turnover chain. And that wasn't even a particularly good team. Most people in the country likely aren't aware that Baylor won 11 games last year. If Miami has any success, the team will get tons of hype, helping a kids draft status. Baylor will barely register on the radar.

National championships in last 20
Miami 1
Baylor 0
Sure, we can pick a number and it will be different results, that's math.

But when I came in here I stated the last 10 years they have been the better program and homers lost their minds. It's a fact. People got butthurt about it, as you can see....

Of course we had some of the GOAT teams 20 years ago, but the past 10 years (which was my reference for comparing the programs randomly) Baylor football has been > Miami football. It sucks to say, but it's true

I don't understand what is wrong with you.

You "drop some stats" and walk away as if you've won. You falsely claim things "aren't debatable".

Meanwhile, I talk about the good and the bad. I realize that things are a closer call than you make them out to be.

Here's a thought. Williams is going to play 1 year. The last 3 times Baylor has had a new coach, they went 4-8, 7-6, and 1-11. The last 3 times Miami has had a new coach, they went 6-6, 9-4, and 6-7.

See, I can quote stats too. The difference between you and I is that I don't act as if I have definitively proven something, and that it is "not debatable".

This kid, who is only going to play one year, might not see Baylor as SOOOO much better than Miami, as a "program". Or, he might choose Baylor because his HS coach is now at Baylor, but unlike you, I'm not going to assume that Williams will make that choice just because Baylor is 0.7 games better per year than Miami is over the past decade.

Plus who wouldn't want to live in Waco ******* Texas for a year

Heard its beautiful there

See and I thought Wins and Losses/Bowl games/Rankings/Etc were how you measured a program? At least that's what I do

A kid who is going to play 1 year and wants to be drafted into the NFL might measure things slightly differently than YOU DO.

Sure, if he wants a ring or two, or a bowl game swag bag, he might pick Baylor. Or if he wants to go to the NFL and make millions, he might pick UM.

But, hey, don't let me stop you from "defining" the quality of a program on things like bowl game trips. If you want to sign with Baylor, go ahead and do it.

Advertisement
A kid who is going to play 1 year and wants to be drafted into the NFL might measure things slightly differently than YOU DO.

Sure, if he wants a ring or two, or a bowl game swag bag, he might pick Baylor. Or if he wants to go to the NFL and make millions, he might pick UM.

But, hey, don't let me stop you from "defining" the quality of a program on things like bowl game trips. If you want to sign with Baylor, go ahead and do it.
I hope he comes here, I was LOL'ing at our "fans" in here acting like we did not just go 6-7 with a putrid schedule and some of the worst loses in all of college football. Those are facts, even if you homers don't like them they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back