Houston RT Grad Transfer Jarrid Williams enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
They’re also much better at sexual assault. This is why we can’t have nice things 🤦‍♂️

5 Top 13 finishes in the final poll the past decade, we have 1. Bring me the sexual assaults (not literally to ME) and the wins, I'm down. Just don't bring me losses to GT, Duke, FIU and Louisiana Technical School in tackle football please. Thanks.

Better winning percentage. Not a better "football program". Rape is bad.
No, they are the better program over that time period, it's not even debatable. But yes, rape is most certainly bad I agree. Hopefully this kid chooses to follow his QB and not go to Baylor.

Advertisement
Based on Baylor's year-over-year improvements for the past 3 years, the CIS statheads predict that Baylor will win 16 games in 2020.
Actually they were really good before the 1-11 season as well, so they have quite the volatile 10 year span but overall in that 10 year period they have finished ranked Top 15 5 times.

No, they are the better program over that time period, it's not even debatable. But yes, rape is most certainly bad I agree. Hopefully this kid chooses to follow his QB and not go to Baylor.

Miami has 60-1 odds to win the championship in 2020. Baylor has 125-1 odds. Why would Miami be considered more than twice as likely to win a championship in 2020 if Baylor is widely considered a better program?

Miami has 60-1 odds to win the championship in 2020. Baylor has 125-1 odds. Why would Miami be considered more than twice as likely to win a championship in 2020 if Baylor is widely considered a better program?
I was talking over the past 10 years they clearly have been, but if you wanna base it off 2020 odds than you got me there buddy...… it's a good thing those "odds" only go off who is the "better" team and not schedule/conference or other matters huh?

Advertisement
Ah, yes, 1832, when Dr. Thaddeus P. Fairfax-Guernsey was the UM President. Of course, you forget that we only played 2 games that year, against Rollins and Cumberland. We beat Rollins.
And tied Cumberland.

5 Top 13 finishes in the final poll the past decade, we have 1. Bring me the sexual assaults (not literally to ME) and the wins, I'm down. Just don't bring me losses to GT, Duke, FIU and Louisiana Technical School in tackle football please. Thanks.
Art Briles and Matt Rhule ain't walking through that door any time soon. How about 1 win in 2017 and 7 in 2018? That's a little more relevant than the Art Rapels era.

Because Baylor is only considered better by guys who see 11 wins last year and slip immediately into a catatonic state transfixed on Baylor's dominance.

Advertisement
Art Briles and Matt Rhule ain't walking through that door any time soon. How about 1 win in 2017 and 7 in 2018? That's a little more relevant than the Art Rapels era.
Is it??? So those 11 and 10 win seasons are irrelevant but the 1 win season is? Makes sense :jordan:

They both walked through that door in the past 8 years btw, not a real solid argument Ace

/We won SIX (6) in 2019 btw, lol

Advertisement

Stop it with the "it's not even debatable" bullcrap.

Draft picks 2011-2020:
First round - Baylor 5, UM 4
Second round - UM 3, Baylor 3
Third round - UM 9, Baylor 2
Fourth round - UM 11, Baylor 4
Fifth round - UM 7, Baylor 2
Sixth round - UM 12, Baylor 7
Seventh round - Baylor 7, UM 6

So Rounds 1, 2, and 7 are pretty even, while Miami destroys Baylor in Rounds 3-6.

Isn't that one of the measures of a program? Developing players for the NFL?

Again, I acknowledge that Baylor has a better winning percentage. But let's look closer.

2010-2019 - Baylor goes 83-47
2010-2019 - UM goes 75-53

If this was baseball, Baylor would be 7 games ahead of us. Over 10 years. So that's 0.7 games per year.

But, yeah, "it's not even debatable".

Yes, it is.

Is it??? So those 11 and 10 win seasons are irrelevant but the 1 win season is? Makes sense :jordan:

They both walked through that door in the past 8 years btw, not a real solid argument Ace
Baylor: 26 wins over the last 4 years.
Miaimi: 32 wins over the last 4 years.

CIS Mongoloid: Baylor destroys Miami as a program and a team (insert dopey gif after making idiotic statement).

I was talking over the past 10 years they clearly have been, but if you wanna base it off 2020 odds than you got me there buddy......

I am not overly concerned about the past 10 years. I think that's an irrelevant view of "better program." FSU would blow both Miami and Baylor away if you want to look at a 10 year snapshot. I doubt you would say FSU is in better shape than both. I think 4 years (the time it takes for a coach to have a full roster of his own players) is a more useful timeframe. In that 4 year window Miami has a 10 win season while Baylor had a 1 win season. Who has had more NFL draft picks? If a player has to bet on one team to raise his profile and improve his draft stock, I don't think it's "even debatable" that Miami would be the better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back