Houston RT Grad Transfer Jarrid Williams enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Had he gone to FSU and started, he would have faced our legitimate NFL DE prospects. In waves. If he had a **** game, it'd probably hurt his draft stock. Not saying it did, but would make sense to factor that into his decision.
The rest of that Swiss cheese line would make him look as bad as our DEs would.

Had he gone to FSU and started, he would have faced our legitimate NFL DE prospects. In waves. If he had a **** game, it'd probably hurt his draft stock. Not saying it did, but would make sense to factor that into his decision.
Exactly, probably what made him pull the trigger for us. Being able to face our line, which I've seen ranked as high #5, everyday in practice is huge. That, and King I'm sure has been in his ear.

Advertisement
This transfer is cursed you fcks.
46 pages!!! It’s a wrap plus that oil money.
This should of been over already.

Advertisement
Have they improved it at all? I know they have Lucas coming back, who I hope has a Donaldson-like Sophomore season. What else is going on there?
Not that I can see. I don't see FSU ever being back until they actually clean that mess up. I have never seen a more undisciplined football team, and that's including all of our teams from the last 15 or so years. On and off the field, they are a dumpster fire.

so a guy in terrible shape shoe tore his knee up 7 months ago and that was already being benched is going to be ready to steal someone’s job in 2 months haha. You’re living in a dream world
How do you know the situation? The kid could’ve been busting his butt rehabbing and ready to roll. i bet he plans on it. We better hope plans on it. You have a defeatist attitude.

Advertisement
If he's scared of facing our DEs then he's a hard pass for me.

His only consideration should be strength of schedule. Which College is going to allow him to showcase his talents against the best players possible?

Advertisement
If he's scared of facing our DEs then he's a hard pass for me.

His only consideration should be strength of schedule. Which College is going to allow him to showcase his talents against the best players possible?
I think you're being unrealistic. While that sounds nice in theory and I hope he's competitive, the guy has actual money on the line. It's more likely he's going to balance "enough of a showcase" on a bigger stage and not hurting his stock. You're not talking about Bryant Mckinnie as a Grad Transfer.

I think you're being unrealistic. While that sounds nice in theory and I hope he's competitive, the guy has actual money on the line. It's more likely he's going to balance "enough of a showcase" on a bigger stage and not hurting his stock. You're not talking about Bryant Mckinnie as a Grad Transfer.
Looking for a situation that will help his draft stock. Now, we don't know what is in his mind, but personally I would want to go into a system that I believed would make me look the best. If I'm an O-lineman, I love the idea of playing in a Lashlee O where the QB gets the ball out quickly. Unlike an Enos system where you are asked to block a guy 15 seconds, then get "credit" for giving up a sack because the QB ran out of bounds behind the line.

It's not all about competition faced in games, or in practices, but rather systems and the players IN that system that will make it run smoothly.

This same guy had the inside scoop on Walker leaving Uf and becoming a Cane, he told us that on may 5th. I dont know if that date was before Walker jumped on board or not.

Hes missed before but it wasn't from him throwing out bull ****t, it was because the kid changed his mind last second.

He posted more info but its a private board and im not going to do that to him. Hes a good guy and I cant do that to him. Just know that he has said Williams is a Cane and its a done deal. TIFWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back