Houston RT Grad Transfer Jarrid Williams enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's accurate, then Williams isn't coming in here as a blueshirt, as that would mean he can't play.

Williams has not been formally recruited since he has not physically met with any Miami coaches nor has he officially visited.

Advertisement
Williams has not been formally recruited since he has not physically met with any Miami coaches nor has he officially visited.

I was referring to the chart that RVA posted. If that chart is accurate, then Williams isn't a blueshirt because he's not coming here to sit out a year.

I agree. I don’t understand it either. I’m not certain of the relevance to counters if a guy took an OV or not.

If a recruit meets with a on field coach on/off campus, or officially visits campus then he is considered to have been recruited and if provided athletic aid by the school upon enrollment he is then considered an intial counter for that year. But if the recruit comes to the university an his tuition is funded from a source other an athletic scholarship such as academic or as an employee's child then the recruit doesn't count as is classified as a walkon.

Go Canes

Advertisement
If that's accurate, then Williams isn't coming in here as a blueshirt, as that would mean he can't play.

Reading through the great blueshirt debate of 2020 (as well as the other ic counter debates, etc) is giving me a massive headache and no greater understanding. But obviously, there must be some scenario where he can play this year, otherwise why is he even considering us? I don’t think there’s any doubt that he is considering us, or am I wrong?

I was referring to the chart that RVA posted. If that chart is accurate, then Williams isn't a blueshirt because he's not coming here to sit out a year.

That chart is not correct. WVU had during the 2019 season had 3 blueshirt grad transfers that played during the season.

Go Canes

Reading through the great blueshirt debate of 2020 (as well as the other ic counter debates, etc) is giving me a massive headache and no greater understanding. But obviously, there must be some scenario where he can play this year, otherwise why is he even considering us? I don’t think there’s any doubt that he is considering us, or am I wrong?
I'm guessing there's an extra IC that the fans aren't aware of. Maybe we had an appeal on adding an IC that was granted or something like that.

I don't see Williams coming here and paying his own way when he has other good options. And, if RVA's chart is accurate, then he's not coming here as a blueshirt either because he's not sitting out a year.

That chart is not correct. WVU had during the 2019 season had 3 blueshirt grad transfers that played during the season.

Go Canes
My fellow thick chick aficionado, are you absolutely certain that WVU used "blueshirts" on those 3, or was that just speculation from an article that you read? The way teams actually handle a lot of this stuff is never made public, which leads to so much of the confusion.

Advertisement
My fellow thick chick aficionado, are you absolutely certain that WVU used "blueshirts" on those 3, or was that just speculation from an article that you read? The way teams actually handle a lot of this stuff is never made public, which leads to so much of the confusion.
There’s a normal range of thick... and then there’s the Paranos level of thick.

I'm guessing there's an extra IC that the fans aren't aware of. Maybe we had an appeal on adding an IC that was granted or something like that.

I don't see Williams coming here and paying his own way when he has other good options. And, if RVA's chart is accurate, then he's not coming here as a blueshirt either because he's not sitting out a year.

Wasn’t there talk about getting a counter back for Asa Martin?

Advertisement
Zion had a very rough year, but apparently he was our best option at left tackle and now he is a year older and hopefully a year bigger and stronger. I wouldn't sleep on him showing improvement.
He has nowhere to go but up after last year's performance. I just hope we didn't ruin his confidence by putting him in a situation he was destined to fail in. Think about it, how many true freshmen start the opening week at left tackle? Not more than a few in the entire country and they're usually highly heralded recruits.

Potential depth chart & redshirts

1st Team
LT John Campbell RSO
LG Ousman Traore RSO
C Corey Gaynor RJR
RG DJ Scaife JR
RT Jarrid Williams RSR

2nd Team
LT Issiah Walker FR
LG Navaughn Donaldson SR (could also redshirt)
C Jakai Clark SO
RG Cleveland Reed RSO
RT Kai-Leon Herbert RJR

3rd Team
LT
LG Jalen Rivers FR
C Jared Griffith RSO
RG Zalon'tae Hillery RJR
RT Adam ElGammal RFR

Redshirt
Navaughn Donaldson SR
Zion Nelson SO
Chris Washington FR

I can’t see Campbell starting at LT. RT yes, but not LT. Campbell strength is run blocking (at the moment). King will be running for his life with JC at LT.

My thoughts exactly. Possible that the NCAA gave us back an IC for Asa Martin and the staff just kept it under their hat. Who knows? But the fact Williams is seriously considering us is proof enough that we must have room for him. If he's coming, it's to play this season and get to the NFL next year.

Advertisement
42 pages of drama. This Williams transfer dude is generating more angst than Tyrique Stevenson and Josh Jobe. I'm a little tired of it. Happy we'll have an answer either way today.

Unless he is injured, Donaldson will be starting on the inside imo.
Not sure if this is a “he should be starting“ or “you think he will start because the staff just plays him” but he’s one of the worst linemen I’ve see here. Pipho level garbage. I don’t see him ever cutting the weight and magically having bend. No more seeing him bent over at the waist, lumbering after the 100+ pound lighter d linemen that just blew passed him. The dudes hype is the only reason he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back