tenor (1).gif
giphy (2).gif

Advertisement
LT: Williams
LG: Traore
C: Gaynor
RG: Scaife
RT: Walker

One of the better O-lines in the ACC if you ask me. IF we have the room then I would look at that Crawford kid as well.
No shot I’m playing Walker over Campbell this year.

Advertisement
We had to have the youngest line in the country last year. Had to. Or at least top 5.

Adding Williams and Reed to a group that comes back in its entirety has got to cause at least a glimmer of optimism. I don’t want to hear a word about Walker or Rivers. If either of them see the field next year, we failed again as a staff. Find 5 out of the kids who have spent at least a year in a college weight program. I think a competent OL coach can yield 5 somewhat competent linemen out of what he has to work with here. Every single kid is back, Reed should be more ready than the freshmen since he’s got a year on them, and Williams is a cheat code/auto starter. If he’s really in, they better be able to find 4 more out of all the bodies they have. No more true freshmen linemen, please.

Advertisement
So we can have another zion situation! Freshman olinemen starting is a disaster waiting to happen!!
I think we are finally getting the depth chart right to where we don’t have to rush first year players onto the field. Ideally, you are playing 3rd, 4th, 5th year players on the OL except for a high end talent who can play in year 2. The 20 depth chart will allow Walker and Rivers to be second team at LT and LG and then take over those starting spots in 21. Campbell can be the RT for the next couple years and Scaife can stay at guard.

Richt left a mess on the OL. Pretty amazing he recruited it as poorly as he did but we at least go into 20 with guys able to at least play positions they are best suited for.

I think we are finally getting the depth chart right to where we don’t have to rush first year players onto the field. Ideally, you are playing 3rd, 4th, 5th year players on the OL except for a high end talent who can play in year 2. The 20 depth chart will allow Walker and Rivers to be second team at LT and LG and then take over those starting spots in 21. Campbell can be the RT for the next couple years and Scaife can stay at guard.

Richt left a mess on the OL. Pretty amazing he recruited it as poorly as he did but we at least go into 20 with guys able to at least play positions they are best suited for.
Hey i agree bout richt and oline! Coming from the sec and even taking it a step further georgia who usually produce olinemen. I was hoping for more from richt.

We had to have the youngest line in the country last year. Had to. Or at least top 5.

Adding Williams and Reed to a group that comes back in its entirety has got to cause at least a glimmer of optimism. I don’t want to hear a word about Walker or Rivers. If either of them see the field next year, we failed again as a staff. Find 5 out of the kids who have spent at least a year in a college weight program. I think a competent OL coach can yield 5 somewhat competent linemen out of what he has to work with here. Every single kid is back, Reed should be more ready than the freshmen since he’s got a year on them, and Williams is a cheat code/auto starter. If he’s really in, they better be able to find 4 more out of all the bodies they have. No more true freshmen linemen, please.

If Williams is in, Gaynor and Scaife are locks to start. Finding 2 starters between Nelson, Campbell, Traore, Clark, Reed, Hillery, and Herbert shouldn’t be difficult. We’re actually close to having a little bit of depth too.

LT - Williams/Walker
LG - Donaldson/Traore/Rivers
C - Gaynor/Clark
RG - Scaife/Reed
RT - Campbell/Herbert/Nelson

That should be a good OL and you can see good depth filling in.
True, and that's with out washington, el gammel pretty sure im missing 1 or 2 guys also!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back