Houston RT Grad Transfer Jarrid Williams enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m with those who think that if we get Williams, and if King, Scaife and Williams stay healthy, we win 10+.

The truth is we should run the table with our starters vs the comp we play. We won’t lose to MSU. But I could see us losing a couple close ones in conference due to getting too cute on the defensive side.

Even 10 would be a game changer for us though. Look at how we all felt after 2017 and the effect it had on recruiting. We’d close with a Top 10 class and that would make back to back quality classes, setting us up for a good run from there.

Advertisement
I get what you're saying, but MSU was consistently competitive due to Dantonio, who's now gone. They won 7 games the past 2 seasons and are in a coaching transition. We shouldn't lose that game. That doesn't mean we won't, but this isn't 2015 MSU.
We shouldn’t have lost to FIU, Duke, or Ga.Tech last year. But no matter who the coach is for the last 15 years we get our *** kicked by teams we should curb stomp every year!!

We shouldn’t have lost to FIU, Duke, or Ga.Tech last year. But no matter who the coach is for the last 15 years we get our *** kicked by teams we should curb stomp every year!!
That's why we can't predict who the losses are going to be. We'll probably win those losses that mack listed. It's the other games that are a toss up. The culture situation is serious. That's why we've been under achieving. Also, the HC has a lot to fix. I only see that being done by taking steps. 9-10 wins is his next step. Imo

Advertisement
Jarrid Williams would be nice at RT or LT. Donaldson will be at RG or LG, Gainer at C, and Scaife at RT or RG — those four, with Rivers, Campbell or Walker (if granted a waiver) would represent a substantial across-the-board talent upgrade on the Canes OL compared to last season.

I really like Clark and Nelson, but IMHO, they should redshirt. They were often not physically capable of consistently winning any player matchup they faced, and that includes players on FIU, Duke and GT. Unless they have improved remarkably, they aren’t yet ready play for a potential Coastal Division championship contender

Briles went to a team that was an undisciplined mess. I don't think we are as bad off as FSU, but we are desperately lacking discipline. How else could our starting QB be a pot head?
Tons of kids in college are pot heads...

Think it was more on the individual himself than anything else. Idk if this is maybe a reason that Diaz might stick to grad transfers who have a bit of a chip on their shoulder wanting to hit the ground running

Tons of kids in college are pot heads...

Think it was more on the individual himself than anything else. Idk if this is maybe a reason that Diaz might stick to grad transfers who have a bit of a chip on their shoulder wanting to hit the ground running

I think Manny's use of the portal has been one of his few strengths thus far. If he can keep finding hungry guys like King every year I'm all for that approach.

Advertisement
Plug in King and Borregalis into last year's team and we're 10-2.

If we lose to MSU, we're in trouble...again.

And that's with Dan Penos as OC!!

I for one, will take the losses if that stops the bleeding. Dan was never going to be the guy for Miami

You’re right I would guess. I wasn’t thinking along those lines at all, I was just focused on getting an eyeful of those sweet melons
A while back when my in laws were down we ended up watching a movie called Under The Skin which repeatedly showed a topless Scarlett Johansson. Ten minutes in I asked if anyone wanted to change it and my MIL's boyfriend said he thought it was pretty good, let's just finish it. The movie had very little dialog and was just awful. Two days later we all start to watch Buried where Ryan Reynolds wakes up in a coffin buried alive. Not even two minutes in, he starts asking if it's going to he like this the whole movie. I told him if he can sit through a horrible movie for a couple glimpses of SJ' ****, he can sit through this.

They shouldn’t have lost to a bunch of teams they lost to last year but they did. But saying “they lost to x last year, why should I expect them to win this year” is nonsense. It’s assuming loss while ignoring the reason. What were the biggest reasons they lost games last year? A terrible offensive system and play caller. An offensive line that had almost no actual experience and was expected to perform like All Americans. A quarterback who was irresponsible and prone to having big turnover games. A kicker who couldn’t convert kicks that should be automatic for someone at this level. That about sums up why they lost 7 games last year. Now, the coach and his system has been replaced. So has the quarterback and the kicker. And the offensive line, even if they don’t add Williams is another year stronger and more experienced and will be playing in a friendlier system that doesn’t rely on them to be dominant.

Advertisement
If we get Williams and he, Scaife, and King stay healthy all year (and if we actually play a 12 game schedule), anything less than 11 regular season wins would be a disappointment, in my opinion. That would give us a potential Heisman candidate at QB, two potential All-ACC O-Linemen, and a top 15 defense. The coaching staff would have to be Golden levels of bad to **** that up.

11 wins or bust. Even VT has done more with less - like 7x. Win the got **** Coastal!!

16ADA86F-6228-450B-BCFD-015AD0C13AF2.png

A while back when my in laws were down we ended up watching a movie called Under The Skin which repeatedly showed a topless Scarlett Johansson. Ten minutes in I asked if anyone wanted to change it and my MIL's boyfriend said he thought it was pretty good, let's just finish it. The movie had very little dialog and was just awful. Two days later we all start to watch Buried where Ryan Reynolds wakes up in a coffin buried alive. Not even two minutes in, he starts asking if it's going to he like this the whole movie. I told him if he can sit through a horrible movie for a couple glimpses of SJ' ****, he can sit through this.
YoU aNd YOuR FaMiLy sEEm liKe yoUr ToNs oF FuN.

Advertisement
The spread isn't going to miraculously change the bad culture. FSU tried going up tempo spread last year and they sucked... A lot of fans are acting like the new spread is going to completely change the program around and it's not. We're not going to start winning until the culture has changed inside the team. In the past 2 years this team has layed down and quit when the going got tough. Until they show me any different then this is a 8-4 team in my eyes.

FSU put up decent offensive numbers but they had bad wr play outside of one guy and horrible QB play. Also their defense was horrible. Not a good comparison. Plus Willie ***gert lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back