Houston RT Grad Transfer Jarrid Williams enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Briles had one of the most explosive offenses in the country and is very solid play caller and FSU still sucked. Lashlee has one year of real success as a play caller just like Briles did. I'm not saying Lashlee will fail but it's way to early to start declaring he's our offensive savior.
You are aware that Lashlee’s has coached at other places besides SMU. In his one season at UConn, they went from 122nd in total offense to 49th. He’s had success at Auburn, UConn and SMU. His offense is a combination of two of the greatest spread/air raid coaches in the world Gus Malzahn and Sonny Dykes. Baby Briles had his dad’s playbook and a head coach tinkering with his offense at FSU.

We have cheerleaders, the Sunsations, but what are the dancing football players called? I'm going with Dancing Queens until notified otherwise.

The NCAA stopped letting our players dance on the field years ago. I guess they have to dance off the field now?

Advertisement
The NCAA stopped letting our players dance on the field years ago. I guess they have to dance off the field now?
We also never danced when getting monkey stomped by FIU.

The spread isn't going to miraculously change the bad culture. FSU tried going up tempo spread last year and they sucked... A lot of fans are acting like the new spread is going to completely change the program around and it's not. We're not going to start winning until the culture has changed inside the team. In the past 2 years this team has layed down and quit when the going got tough. Until they show me any different then this is a 8-4 team in my eyes.
Comparing this team to FSU is a bit different.

People comparing Lashlee to the Briles hire aren't taking everything into account. Briles was a good hire, but ol Uncle Willie wanted to tweak his offense to fit his principles. He hired the top OC candidate then handcuffed him. Not only that, they had no QB. King is going to be a massive upgrade over what we've been used to. His talent and attitude combo will be the x factor this season. Jarren Williams and Enos attitude cause major issues last season.

I don't think the spread will make us an 11 win team. I think finally having a competitive/talented QB along with having a competent OC will significantly change this team. I'm optimistic for the 1st time in years. Hopefully Diaz doesn't trip over his own d

Advertisement
We have cheerleaders, the Sunsations, but what are the dancing football players called? I'm going with Dancing Queens until notified otherwise.

How dare you... The dance team is the Sunsations. Our cheerleaders have no nickname. Too many suspect 5s and 6s.

Those dancing football players, on the other hand, are even less worthy of a nickname.

Díaz can pack his bags come Dec and never return to Miami if he loses four games and to the teams you list.
These are 3 Solid ACC Teams and Michigan State is a very good football Program whose just in a rough patch. I really don't understand why we always act like we're some elite ACC team. I think we have one costal championship since we moved to the ACC

These are 3 Solid ACC Teams and Michigan State is a very good football Program whose just in a rough patch. I really don't understand why we always act like we're some elite ACC team. I think we have one costal championship since we moved to the ACC
I get what you're saying, but MSU was consistently competitive due to Dantonio, who's now gone. They won 7 games the past 2 seasons and are in a coaching transition. We shouldn't lose that game. That doesn't mean we won't, but this isn't 2015 MSU.

How dare you... The dance team is the Sunsations. Our cheerleaders have no nickname. Too many suspect 5s and 6s.

Those dancing football players, on the other hand, are even less worthy of a nickname.
I meant they were different. The cheeleaders.... the Sunsations... the Dancing Queens... Or Dancing Bears?

Advertisement
Difference is our OC has cut his own teeth.. and shown results even at lower schools that have never been known to jack up points.

Unlike Briles jr who rode up on daddy’s coattails and got exposed when he went toe to toe with the big boys.

If we score a TD or a FG earlier in regulation we roll GT

FIU should be a win...

UNC we could have won with a FG or some semblance of an O

I can say that about every game... if Lashlee can get us to at LEAST top 50 offense we win a few games more... toss in the new transfer kicker being average to help boost that cluster fuggg of a position
Briles went to a team that was an undisciplined mess. I don't think we are as bad off as FSU, but we are desperately lacking discipline. How else could our starting QB be a pot head?

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back