Houston RT Grad Transfer Jarrid Williams enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
As @Cribby noted. It has to be a reason why he hasn’t committed to Baylor yet. Close ties, and close to home, you would assume it’s a layup for them.
Matt Rhule is gone, new HC taking over. So presumably some uncertainty there. I'm guessing is Rhule had not gone to the NFL this would be much more of a sure thing.

Advertisement
I’ll be honest I’m really optimistic about having a true spread OC with south Florida kids who are born and raised in this kind of offense.

If king can hit his stride... and the defense can gel in the front 7 we’re gonna fuggg around with at minimum 10 wins
The spread isn't going to miraculously change the bad culture. FSU tried going up tempo spread last year and they sucked... A lot of fans are acting like the new spread is going to completely change the program around and it's not. We're not going to start winning until the culture has changed inside the team. In the past 2 years this team has layed down and quit when the going got tough. Until they show me any different then this is a 8-4 team in my eyes.

The spread isn't going to miraculously change the bad culture. FSU tried going up tempo spread last year and they sucked... A lot of fans are acting like the new spread is going to completely change the program around and it's not. We're not going to start winning until the culture has changed inside the team. In the past 2 years this team has layed down and quit when the going got tough. Until they show me any different then this is a 8-4 team in my eyes.
That culture issue is detrimental to our success .

FSU ran a spread, uptempo system in 2018 too. The “gulf coast” offense that Willie Taggart ran at USF. The differences between what they did and what we’re doing have been documented a ton of times here already. Not every spread offense is the same.

It’s incredible how culture immediately changes as soon as the team starts winning games. You never hear about good teams having “culture” problems. Why? Because they’re executing and winning. Finally having an offense that can keep pace with the defense will end all “culture” talk.

Advertisement
FSU ran a spread, uptempo system in 2018 too. The “gulf coast” offense that Willie Taggart ran at USF. The differences between what they did and what we’re doing have been documented a ton of times here already. Not every spread offense is the same.

It’s incredible how culture immediately changes as soon as the team starts winning games. You never hear about good teams having “culture” problems. Why? Because they’re executing and winning. Finally having an offense that can keep pace with the defense will end all “culture” talk.
Is winning going to change the dance routine?

Difference is our OC has cut his own teeth.. and shown results even at lower schools that have never been known to jack up points.

Unlike Briles jr who rode up on daddy’s coattails and got exposed when he went toe to toe with the big boys.

If we score a TD or a FG earlier in regulation we roll GT

FIU should be a win...

UNC we could have won with a FG or some semblance of an O

I can say that about every game... if Lashlee can get us to at LEAST top 50 offense we win a few games more... toss in the new transfer kicker being average to help boost that cluster fuggg of a position

I would say 9-3 would be a good season. I'd be fine going 8-4 with a bowl win. We can get a top 12 Recruiting class off winning 9 games
Who are the losses you see for the 4 and 3 losses?

Curious as I think your just throwing **** at the wall

Advertisement
Difference is our OC has cut his own teeth.. and shown results even at lower schools that have never been known to jack up points.

Unlike Briles jr who rode up on daddy’s coattails and got exposed when he went toe to toe with the big boys.

If we score a TD or a FG earlier in regulation we roll GT

FIU should be a win...

UNC we could have won with a FG or some semblance of an O

I can say that about every game... if Lashlee can get us to at LEAST top 50 offense we win a few games more... toss in the new transfer kicker being average to help boost that cluster fuggg of a position
Briles was responsible for King big season. Briles was the hottest OC on the market when FSU hired him.

Advertisement
You’ll have to ask someone more familiar with the cheerleading squad.
We have cheerleaders, the Sunsations, but what are the dancing football players called? I'm going with Dancing Queens until notified otherwise.

Briles had one of the most explosive offenses in the country and is very solid play caller and FSU still sucked. Lashlee has one year of real success as a play caller just like Briles did. I'm not saying Lashlee will fail but it's way to early to start declaring he's our offensive savior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back