Houston RT Grad Transfer Jarrid Williams enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me this isn’t true.

Why didn’t Michael Bay want Scarlett Johansson to go topless in one of his movies? Artistic integrity? Michael Bay? It would interfere with his auteur status as a director? It would take away from one of the hundreds of car crashes or explosions? Holy fūck, what an idiot.

Because *****= R rating.

The potential box office difference between PG-13 and R is huge, also effects certain foreign markets like China. It was about money not ****.

Advertisement
Because *****= R rating.

The potential box office difference between PG-13 and R is huge, also effects certain foreign markets like China. It was about money not ****.

You’re right I would guess. I wasn’t thinking along those lines at all, I was just focused on getting an eyeful of those sweet melons

Update from Baylor Site:

Baylor is very much involved with Houston transfer Jarrid Williams. A former player at Cedar Hill under Joey McGuire, Williams has been talking to pretty much most of the staff including Coach Aranda, Coach Wickline, and Coach McGuire among others. Williams has great respect for Coach McGuire and that is a BIG positive.

Saying that, it is a LONG list of teams that want this tackle prospect. He has been overwhelmed with options a bit. We will see what happens, but Baylor is 100% in consideration.

As @Cribby noted. It has to be a reason why he hasn’t committed to Baylor yet. Close ties, and close to home, you would assume it’s a layup for them.

Advertisement
All I said was let not hype him let’s allow the kid if he comes here to show and prove before he’s anointed. We as canes fans love to anoint kids that have accomplished nothing and then get mad because they didn’t reach the crazy expectations we put on them.

I’ll give him a chance because we need offensive lineman but wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t contribute at all. Add to the fact he’s coming off a injury 🤷🏾‍♂️

Just my .02

Aka Mark pope

Advertisement
So, what attracts him to Miami besides reuniting with his friend and former quarterback?

The honesty he’s received from offensive line coach Garin Justice, for sure. The two had a lengthy conversation earlier this week after the Hurricanes signed former University of Florida 2020 four-star recruit Issiah Walker. Williams said Walker’s decision “didn’t really affect me.”

“Coach Justice seemed real,” Williams said. “He was real honest with me when we first talked about the whole situation. A lot of people could just sell you a lot of what you want to hear. That wasn’t the case at all with Miami. So I definitely respect him for that.

“We just talked about football and where I could possibly end up as far as like playing, coming in and earning my spot. He just said I can come in, have a little bit more experience since I’d be an older guy. I could help out the team.”

It doesn’t matter which side of the line he would start on, either. He started 17 games at right tackle at Houston and the other two on the left side as a sophomore.

Williams said he’s confident he could succeed in Miami’s new fast-paced, spread offensive system under coordinator Rhett Lashlee.

Manny Navarro interviewed Jarrid Williams. Here's what he said about Garin Justice. He was planning on commiting May 29th but said it will likely be sooner.

So, what attracts him to Miami besides reuniting with his friend and former quarterback?

The honesty he’s received from offensive line coach Garin Justice, for sure. The two had a lengthy conversation earlier this week after the Hurricanes signed former University of Florida 2020 four-star recruit Issiah Walker. Williams said Walker’s decision “didn’t really affect me.”

“Coach Justice seemed real,” Williams said. “He was real honest with me when we first talked about the whole situation. A lot of people could just sell you a lot of what you want to hear. That wasn’t the case at all with Miami. So I definitely respect him for that.

“We just talked about football and where I could possibly end up as far as like playing, coming in and earning my spot. He just said I can come in, have a little bit more experience since I’d be an older guy. I could help out the team.”

It doesn’t matter which side of the line he would start on, either. He started 17 games at right tackle at Houston and the other two on the left side as a sophomore.

Williams said he’s confident he could succeed in Miami’s new fast-paced, spread offensive system under coordinator Rhett Lashlee.

Manny Navarro interviewed Jarrid Williams. Here's what he said about Garin Justice. He was planning on commiting May 29th but said it will likely be sooner.
Would be a nice birthday present for me if he commits to Miami next weekend.

Advertisement
Idk about that... 9-3 would be a solid season. 10-2 and I'll be doing cartwheels lol
If we get Williams and he, Scaife, and King stay healthy all year (and if we actually play a 12 game schedule), anything less than 11 regular season wins would be a disappointment, in my opinion. That would give us a potential Heisman candidate at QB, two potential All-ACC O-Linemen, and a top 15 defense. The coaching staff would have to be Golden levels of bad to **** that up.

Advertisement
If we get Williams and he, Scaife, and King stay healthy all year (and if we actually play a 12 game schedule), anything less than 11 regular season wins would be a disappointment, in my opinion. That would give us a potential Heisman candidate at QB, two potential All-ACC O-Linemen, and a top 15 defense. The coaching staff would have to be Golden levels of bad to **** that up.
We haven't won 11 games in like 15 years...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back