Houston RT Grad Transfer Jarrid Williams enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never learn. I remember these same threads and takes on tommy Kennedy.

I’ll take the wait and see approach again. Offensive lineman transfers especially this late in the game barely ever pan out
You're not serious right?
Tommy Kennedy was good for his level, which was FCS non-scholarship Pioneer Football League football. Him not working out is not a surprise, at least in hindsight. But then also remember he had Oklahoma looking at him as well.

Kennedy never produced as a full-time starting offensive lineman for a really good team in arguably the best non Power 5 conference in the country. It's silly to put Williams in the same league as Kennedy because he literally never has been while in college.

And if Garin Justice wants him, at this point, he deserves the benefit of the doubt that he knows what he's doing.

Advertisement
You're not serious right?
Tommy Kennedy was good for his level, which was FCS non-scholarship Pioneer Football League football. Him not working out is not a surprise, at least in hindsight. But then also remember he had Oklahoma looking at him as well.

Kennedy never produced as a full-time starting offensive lineman for a really good team in arguably the best non Power 5 conference in the country. It's silly to put Williams in the same league as Kennedy because he literally never has been while in college.

And if Garin Justice wants him, at this point, he deserves the benefit of the doubt that he knows what he's doing.

All I said was let not hype him let’s allow the kid if he comes here to show and prove before he’s anointed. We as canes fans love to anoint kids that have accomplished nothing and then get mad because they didn’t reach the crazy expectations we put on them.

I’ll give him a chance because we need offensive lineman but wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t contribute at all. Add to the fact he’s coming off a injury 🤷🏾‍♂️

Just my .02

Tell me this isn’t true.

Why didn’t Michael Bay want Scarlett Johansson to go topless in one of his movies? Artistic integrity? Michael Bay? It would interfere with his auteur status as a director? It would take away from one of the hundreds of car crashes or explosions? Holy fūck, what an idiot.

You must remember the money-driven, ***** nature of Michael Bay. The second those beautiful milk canons are let loose, that teen-friendly PG-13 disappears into a complicated R. Bay's paper-thin plots won't sell as good to a theater full of adults. Michael Bay was making busine$$ decisions like these So. Fla. recruits, this decision just has me a bit more shook to learn.

Maybe he would if her ***** exploded? Honestly it's one of the great mysteries of all time.
he is a total weirdo with chicks, he always brings hookers to the set to sit next to him watching the monitors most of the day and yet I do think he even ***** them. They are kind of like props. The hookers really observe what an ******* he is all day.

he is a total weirdo with chicks, he always brings hookers to the set to sit next to him watching the monitors most of the day and yet I do think he even ***** them. They are kind of like props. The hookers really observe what an ******* he is all day.
Is this true? If so, that's extremely weird

Advertisement
I kid, I kid.

I love most of the CIS posters, I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade.
tenor-14.gif

Is this true? If so, that's extremely weird
Yeah did a movie with him a few years back. I do not even think he ***** them is what I meant to say. When you have massive sets and huge crews and the movie better make money it is a lot of pressure. So maybe his way of dealing with it he has hi end hookers hanging out like props. He is weird as ****, so bizarre to work with and I have worked with lots of them. He is worth about a billion.

Yeah did a movie with him a few years back. I do not even think he ***** them is what I meant to say. When you have massive sets and huge crews and the movie better make money it is a lot of pressure. So maybe his way of dealing with it he has hi end hookers hanging out like props. He is weird as ****, so bizarre to work with and I have worked with lots of them. He is worth about a billion.

OT but I’m really looking forward to Tenet. Hopefully my local IMAX theater will be open when it is released, real IMAX, not liemax.

As far as Michael Bay, I don’t mind action movies with explosions snd all, as long they are well done. It’s entertainment after all. But I think I’ve been to one or two of his movies where it just got to be boring after a while. If the story and plot are dumb it doesn’t matter how great the special effects were.

Advertisement
Not an IC expert, but my understanding is we have 1 spot left in the 2020 class which would go to Williams if we got him. Walker however is being accounted for in the 21 class, so his IC doesn't count toward 2020.

I could be wrong, so any IC guys on the board don't attack me lol, that's just my guess as to how even after we got Walker that we're still in it for Williams.
So if Walker counts against the 21 class does that mean he has to redshirt?

OT but I’m really looking forward to Tenet. Hopefully my local IMAX theater will be open when it is released, real IMAX, not liemax.

As far as Michael Bay, I don’t mind action movies with explosions snd all, as long they are well done. It’s entertainment after all. But I think I’ve been to one or two of his movies where it just got to be boring after a while. If the story and plot are dumb it doesn’t matter how great the special effects were.

OT We should open another OT post. Tenet hopefully will be good and think only Nolen can pull it of. He wrote it knowing he has to shoot it and make it work. It is the third movie I have done with him. The biggest stunt I have ever scene was on Tenet, ******* crazy, and he has had some great ones over the years and he does them on IMAX and not CGI crap. Effects guys got to make it work and sometimes they do not work. Nolen is another ******* but more of a condescending one. Everybody was on pins and needles and just not fun to work with even though he is so talented.

Bay has just become so predictable with people running from explosions to explosions. "13 hours" I think was his best movie and he needs to go in that direction. But those Asians love his Transformer movies and he knows no mater how crappy and predictable he will make money with them in the billions. I think with these directors the biggest fear is becoming predictable like any other artists. Musicians become cover bands for themselves after a while. Kind of the same thing over and over. Same with brilliant football coaches if they become predictable. Always have to reinvent yourself no matter how successful you have become.

Advertisement
OT We should open another OT post. Tenet hopefully will be good and think only Nolen can pull it of. He wrote it knowing he has to shoot it and make it work. It is the third movie I have done with him. The biggest stunt I have ever scene was on Tenet, ******* crazy, and he has had some great ones over the years and he does them on IMAX and not CGI crap. Effects guys got to make it work and sometimes they do not work. Nolen is another ******* but more of a condescending one. Everybody was on pins and needles and just not fun to work with even though he is so talented.

Bay has just become so predictable with people running from explosions to explosions. "13 hours" I think was his best movie and he needs to go in that direction. But those Asians love his Transformer movies and he knows no mater how crappy and predictable he will make money with them in the billions. I think with these directors the biggest fear is becoming predictable like any other artists. Musicians become cover bands for themselves after a while. Kind of the same thing over and over. Same with brilliant football coaches if they become predictable. Always have to reinvent yourself no matter how successful you have become.

Your description of Nolan sounds kind of like I would imagine him. I mean personally, just as a fan, not as an insider like you are, I admire his work. But he sounds like he’s a perfectionist, and I know those guys can be a pain in the *** to work with, in any industry. But from my perspective, it’s good. Because normally the finished product will be a high effort, high quality result.

I’m pretty much there for any Nolan movie. I mean I know he’s not 100%, he can miss like anybody else, but ever since Memento, I really like most of his stuff

For a minute he tries, though. “This thing, it’s so insane,” he says. He says they had a crew of around 500 people, and 250 of them would all fly together, just hopping planes to different countries. “And in each country there’s, like, an enormous set-piece scene, which is like the climax of a normal movie. In every single country.” He says otherwise jaded and hard-bitten crew members would come in on their days off to watch Nolan’s special effects because they were so crazy. He apologizes for not being able to say more. He just doesn’t really know what to say.

A few days later I call Christopher Nolan himself, to ask if Pattinson was ******* with me about not knowing the plot of the movie he had just finished.

“The interesting thing with Rob is, he’s slightly ******* with you,” Nolan says, laughing a reserved English laugh. “But he’s also being disarmingly honest. It’s sort of both things at once. When you see the film, you’ll understand. Rob’s read on the script was extremely acute. But he also understood the ambiguities of the film and the possibilities that spin off in the mind around the story. And so both things are true. Yes, he’s ******* with you, because he had a complete grasp of the script. But a complete grasp of the script, in the case of Tenet, is one that understands and acknowledges the need for this film to live on in the audience’s mind, and suggest possibilities in the audience’s mind. And he was very much a partner in crime with that.”

/

Advertisement
“We have the ability to add players,” Diaz said. “We are always looking for ways to potentially improve our football team.”

One player in the portal that the Hurricanes are chasing is Houston graduate transfer Jarrid Williams.

In 2018, Williams graded out with an impressive 80.8 pass blocking grade and a 76.9 run blocking grade as Houston’s starting right tackle. He allowed just two sacks and 13 quarterback pressures in 544 pass blocking snaps.”

“We have the ability to add players,” Diaz said. “We are always looking for ways to potentially improve our football team.”

One player in the portal that the Hurricanes are chasing is Houston graduate transfer Jarrid Williams.

In 2018, Williams graded out with an impressive 80.8 pass blocking grade and a 76.9 run blocking grade as Houston’s starting right tackle. He allowed just two sacks and 13 quarterback pressures in 544 pass blocking snaps.”
What about ways to improve the coaching staff Manny? Especially on the defensive side of the ball. You know your cornerbacks, linebackers/DC, strikers/special teams coach....

The Jarrid Williams/ Michael Bay thread, I'm a fan. Michael Bay kind sucks though. Multi million dollar budgetss, explosions, and horribly written movies, are Michael Bay's M.O. Can't wait for Transformers part 12.

Reactions: ben
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back