Houston RT Grad Transfer Jarrid Williams enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Define recruiting. It makes a difference.

Would love to know how the NCAA will view Zoom recruiting.

If we "recruit", there's no blueshirting.

If we get him for Fall 2020, Manny lied about the number of IC slots we have, and the Moise family will be twice as ****ed off.

Only thing I can wrap my head around is we somehow convinced Walker to grayshirt? Not clear on the rule on that but believe its delaying enrollment until the spring term? Don't know if that's even the case either. I think you could be right that Manny didn't accurately represent the ICs we had? If we can somehow get both that will be interesting to see how it played out.

Advertisement
Manuel Alberto, earn your check and snag this mountain.

1589316949070.png

Define recruiting. It makes a difference.

Would love to know how the NCAA will view Zoom recruiting.

If we "recruit", there's no blueshirting.

If we get him for Fall 2020, Manny lied about the number of IC slots we have, and the Moise family will be twice as ****ed off.
I think you’re just getting ****y because your position on this entire thing is getting weaker and weaker. I’m not trying to argue, I’m going off of what everybody is saying. Don’t get your panties in a wad.

Not an IC expert, but my understanding is we have 1 spot left in the 2020 class which would go to Williams if we got him. Walker however is being accounted for in the 21 class, so his IC doesn't count toward 2020.

I could be wrong, so any IC guys on the board don't attack me lol, that's just my guess as to how even after we got Walker that we're still in it for Williams.

Walker will not, and cannot, count towards the 2021 class. If he first receives financial aid in Fall 2020, he counts for 2020. The NCAA rules are clear and have been posted multiple times.

Walker was recruited. Walker will never qualify for blueshirting. Walker counts towards 2020. Period, end of story.

Taulia might, MIGHT qualify for blueshirting, or he could evade the IC rules forever by paying for one year of tuition and then going on scholarship for 2021 and 2022.

Williams does not have the option to pay for one year and go on scholarship a year from now, since he only has one year left. If we are proposing a blueshirt, we cannot "recruit" him per the NCAA rules. He also has to apply for grad school and be accepted to a grad program that is unavailable at Houston. Not to mention the fact that Miami's grad programs have already completed the admissions process, there is no summer session, and everyone is just working from home until August. So, yeah, good luck with that.

All of this is moot if Manny has lied about having an extra countback not previously disclosed to anyone.

Expect more tweets from the Moise family.

I think you’re just getting ****y because your position on this entire thing is getting weaker and weaker. I’m not trying to argue, I’m going off of what everybody is saying. Don’t get your panties in a wad.

My "position" on this entire thing is getting weaker and weaker?

How?

Has the NCAA changed the rules? Because it's not MY position, it is the position of the NCAA.

That's the problem with you and the rest of the lemming porsters. You just "go off what everybody is saying".

Just look at this thread. There are porsters urging UM to "find a loophole" as if we can just make something happen by sheer will.

Don't get mad at me for reminding people that there are actual NCAA rules that have to be followed.

Advertisement
Being the best of a really bad bunch isn't going to help his draft status, in my opinion. He should go somewhere he believes will make him look good. It's all about upping his draft stock. We'll see what happens.

What would be the best situation to make him look good though? Assuming Williams is a quality OT and can start at a school of his choice.
Team #1: He goes to a good team with a solid OL and gets to start. They have a good season and the OL plays well.
Team #2: He goes to an FSU or UM, both with questions at OL. He solidifies his side and helps the OL improve.
If I were his agent, I believe a stronger case for him to get drafted as high as possible is option #2. They key is does the scheme work to his benefit as not to expose him. On paper, I feel our scheme could lead to less exposure.

My "position" on this entire thing is getting weaker and weaker?

How?

Has the NCAA changed the rules? Because it's not MY position, it is the position of the NCAA.

That's the problem with you and the rest of the lemming porsters. You just "go off what everybody is saying".

Just look at this thread. There are porsters urging UM to "find a loophole" as if we can just make something happen by sheer will.

Don't get mad at me for reminding people that there are actual NCAA rules that nobody follows.

Corrections in bold. You may resubmit your thesis before midnight for regrading.

Only thing I can wrap my head around is we somehow convinced Walker to grayshirt? Not clear on the rule on that but believe its delaying enrollment until the spring term? Don't know if that's even the case either. I think you could be right that Manny didn't accurately represent the ICs we had? If we can somehow get both that will be interesting to see how it played out.

If Walker waits to enroll until Spring 2021, all is good.

When I was chatting with Ivins, he said maybe coaches don't want people to know how many ICs they have. And I'm fine with that basic concept. But then what happens when a coach gets caught in an obvious lie?

One of the things that has been a "selling point" for Manny is his honesty with the recruits. Moise was committed to Miami for 2 years. National Signing Day could have been a clean break ("you weren't qualified on Signing Day, look elsewhere").

Instead, we've hung onto Moise for a couple of months, now we are TALKING ABOUT taking up to 3 transfers. Yes, there might be stories behind each one, but I can't see us blueshirting both Taulia and Jarrid.

Which seems to mean that we DID NOT have one IC left.

To quote Ricky Ricardo, Manny's got some 'splaining to do.

Advertisement
Corrections in bold. You may resubmit your thesis before midnight for regrading.

Sure. Keep believing that.

Maybe nobody follows the rules on recruiting and extra benefits, but the numbers of scholarships and ICs are monitored like crazy.

And don't underestimate the administrative fear of violating a rule that you certified under threat of penalties.

Walker will not, and cannot, count towards the 2021 class. If he first receives financial aid in Fall 2020, he counts for 2020. The NCAA rules are clear and have been posted multiple times.

Walker was recruited. Walker will never qualify for blueshirting. Walker counts towards 2020. Period, end of story.

Taulia might, MIGHT qualify for blueshirting, or he could evade the IC rules forever by paying for one year of tuition and then going on scholarship for 2021 and 2022.

Williams does not have the option to pay for one year and go on scholarship a year from now, since he only has one year left. If we are proposing a blueshirt, we cannot "recruit" him per the NCAA rules. He also has to apply for grad school and be accepted to a grad program that is unavailable at Houston. Not to mention the fact that Miami's grad programs have already completed the admissions process, there is no summer session, and everyone is just working from home until August. So, yeah, good luck with that.

All of this is moot if Manny has lied about having an extra countback not previously disclosed to anyone.

Expect more tweets from the Moise family.

What did i miss from the Moise fam?

What would be the best situation to make him look good though? Assuming Williams is a quality OT and can start at a school of his choice.
Team #1: He goes to a good team with a solid OL and gets to start. They have a good season and the OL plays well.
Team #2: He goes to an FSU or UM, both with questions at OL. He solidifies his side and helps the OL improve.
If I were his agent, I believe a stronger case for him to get drafted as high as possible is option #2. They key is does the scheme work to his benefit as not to expose him. On paper, I feel our scheme could lead to less exposure.
I don't believe our situation is nearly as bad as FSU's. Our problems were not just the O line, but a QB that didn't know how to throw the ball away, and an OC that played to our weaknesses. A good OC and QB will make our line look light years better. Joining UM makes so much more sense than joining an FSU team that is in shambles.

Now, going to a team that is already chugging along, winning the job, and looking good... That would certainly help his draft stock. I just think that joining a team that could potentially burst onto the scene and shock the college football world would garner more attention. If King is the goods, like we all believe he is, this O could be surprisingly good.

FSU, in my opinion, isn't going to be very good at all. He could play well, but when the rest of the OL is giving up 5 sacks a game, it won't make him look good. There's a reason he is guaranteed the starting spot there. They are putrid.

Advertisement
Im the taxman!!!
Slapdicks at work changed stations on Monday. Last 2 weeks was The Beatles station and now its oldies which I'm ok with but hearing the Fab 4 was awesome. So I'll get my Taxman fix on the way home.

I don't believe our situation is nearly as bad as FSU's. Our problems were not just the O line, but a QB that didn't know how to throw the ball away, and an OC that played to our weaknesses. A good OC and QB will make our line look light years better. Joining UM makes so much more sense than joining an FSU team that is in shambles.

Now, going to a team that is already chugging along, winning the job, and looking good... That would certainly help his draft stock. I just think that joining a team that could potentially burst onto the scene and shock the college football world would garner more attention. If King is the goods, like we all believe he is, this O could be surprisingly good.

FSU, in my opinion, isn't going to be very good at all. He could play well, but when the rest of the OL is giving up 5 sacks a game, it won't make him look good. There's a reason he is guaranteed the starting spot there. They are putrid.

I agree. We have so many variables working in our favor. There is a direct need for a position he is most comfortable with. Our biggest issue is the LT. If he sites up the RT position we could really scheme to help out LT without having to make drastic changes to the offense. He is familiar with the QB. He knows his timing, his cadence and athleticism. Should be familiar with Lashlee’s offense and how he could fit into it. If he is the goods and we really want him, I could see him grading out well for the draft at UM.

I agree. We have so many variables working in our favor. There is a direct need for a position he is most comfortable with. Our biggest issue is the LT. If he sites up the RT position we could really scheme to help out LT without having to make drastic changes to the offense. He is familiar with the QB. He knows his timing, his cadence and athleticism. Should be familiar with Lashlee’s offense and how he could fit into it. If he is the goods and we really want him, I could see him grading out well for the draft at UM.
Seems like a no brainer, to me. It would be a head scratcher if he picks FSU. They are going to be horrible, and he will be guilty by association.

Advertisement
Looks like LCE’s gonna be left unscathed & out of the fray though so there’s that.

Well, LCE did say that Walker will count for the 2021 class. So I'll wait until fall enrollment to call him out on that one. If Walker enrolls in January, technically LCE would be correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back