Houston RT Grad Transfer Jarrid Williams enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking both Williams and Walker would absolutely crush FSU’s spirits. So, we need to finish the deal here.
Regardless of the FSU angle, people are really underestimating how much of a need & big get this would be if we got Williams.

I get that everyone is excited about Walker but he's not going to be ready to play as a TF & the solution to our OL problems is not inserting another 18 year old that will have limited time in the S&C program. He's a good for the future because of upside, but for this season we need Vets at OT.

Adding Jarrid gives us a veteran upperclassmen with great size, multiple starts, continuity with King & experience in a high octane uptempo offense which he's played in since High School, which means he'll be way more familiar with certain play calls, verbiage, protection audibles etc, he'd come in & be an immediate leader in our OL room.

We bring him in & that all but guarantees we win big whenever we play this season, it would sure up any weakeneses we have offensively. We're **** good at QB, got a stacked RB group, got a great TE group, an unproven but high potential & talented WR group, all we need is a legit proven OT.

I really hope we get this kid 🙏🏾

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sorry trying to make sense of the numbers. I was of the belief we only had 1 spot left which was taken by Walker. Now we are talking about this kid and Taulia as well. I hope we can take him as believe Williams starts at one of the T spots.
don't be sorry it is a very valid question. Everything I have read is that there was only one spot and Walker took it which would mean no Moise or Williams. Pretty sure Ivins has said this repeatedly.

Regardless of the FSU angle, people are really underestimating how much of a need & big get this would be if got Williams.

I get that everyone is excited about Walker but he's not going to be ready to play as a TF & the solution to our OL problems is not inserting another 18 year that will have limited time in the S&C program. He's a good for the future because of upside, but for this season we need Vets at OT.

Adding Jarrid gives us a veteran upperclassmen with great size, multiple starts, continuity with King & experience in a high octane uptempo offense which he's played in since High School, which means he'll be way more familiar with certain play calls, verbiage, protection audibles etc, he'd come in & be an immediate leader in our OL room.

We bring him in & that all but guarantees we win big whenever we play this season, it would sure up any weakeneses we have offensively. We're **** good at QB, got a stacked RB group, got a great TE group, an unproven but high potential & talented WR group, all we need is a legit proven OT.

We need him for IMMEDIATE impact. Have to find a way.

Advertisement
If i was a recruit i fill where you coming from, that means 4or5 more years of this garbage! But as a grad transfer you much looking for a guarantee of playing time, next would be team/conf/familiarity/ then chance of winning! Of course this my opininon and no substance behind it!
Being the best of a really bad bunch isn't going to help his draft status, in my opinion. He should go somewhere he believes will make him look good. It's all about upping his draft stock. We'll see what happens.

Regardless of the FSU angle, people are really underestimating how much of a need & big get this would be if we got Williams.

I get that everyone is excited about Walker but he's not going to be ready to play as a TF & the solution to our OL problems is not inserting another 18 year old that will have limited time in the S&C program. He's a good for the future because of upside, but for this season we need Vets at OT.

1589314919806.gif

How much? What’s my SPARQ numbers? How many timed can I press 225 - and 315?
Go enroll at FSU, walk on to the football team, earn your starting spot, and then I'll applaud you. But for now, I'd shut the **** up.

Advertisement

All of this.

I have no idea, and to be honest I’m a little confused, whether there is room for him based on NCAA counter rules. But I’m just hoping there’s some kind of loophole.

Advertisement

Thank you. Been saying this for 2 weeks now and people really can’t understand why this is the correct take. Insane.

All of this.

I have no idea, and to be honest I’m a little confused, whether there is room for him based on NCAA counter rules. But I’m just hoping there’s some kind of loophole.
Not an IC expert, but my understanding is we have 1 spot left in the 2020 class which would go to Williams if we got him. Walker however is being accounted for in the 21 class, so his IC doesn't count toward 2020.

I could be wrong, so any IC guys on the board don't attack me lol, that's just my guess as to how even after we got Walker that we're still in it for Williams.

Advertisement
Not an IC expert, but my understanding is we have 1 spot left in the 2020 class which would go to Williams if we got him. Walker however is being accounted for in the 21 class, so his IC doesn't count toward 2020.

I could be wrong, so any IC guys on the board don't attack me lol, that's just my guess as to how even after we got Walker that we're still in it for Williams.
Expect a response from @TheOriginalCane

I was trying to do some blue shirt rules research which allows forward counting, but the stipulations on that are the guy can't have been "actively recruited" "taken an OV" "extended a formal scholarship offer" I think Walker checks all those boxes so I think blue shirt is eliminated.

Well if we’re recruiting him...

Define recruiting. It makes a difference.

Would love to know how the NCAA will view Zoom recruiting.

If we "recruit", there's no blueshirting.

If we get him for Fall 2020, Manny lied about the number of IC slots we have, and the Moise family will be twice as ****ed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back