Houston RT Grad Transfer Jarrid Williams enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
from Newberg

Houston offensive lineman Jarrid Williamsentered the NCAA Transfer Portal in late April.Since entering the portal, Noles247 has confirmed that FSU has been in contact with Williams. Mike Norvell and the staff have been actively recruiting him for about three weeks.

Today I want to follow up on our report from Friday.

I spoke to Williams last Friday and he told me he was considering putting out a top 3 or top 5 over the weekend and then make a final decision by the end of the month. He did not drop a top list over the weekend, but I was able to confirm he did a ‘virtual visit’ with the FSU staff.

On either Saturday or Sunday, Williams got on a Zoom call with the same people he’d encounter on a regular visit to FSU. Williams spoke with coach Norvell, offensive line coach Alex Atkins, FSU strength and conditioning coach Josh Storms, he learned about academics and ‘toured’ the campus and facility, virtually.

Williams has not set an exact date for his commitment, only saying it would likely occur at the end of the month. The other programs involved in his recruitment right now include Baylor, USC, Ole Miss, Miami and Indiana.

from Newberg

Houston offensive lineman Jarrid Williamsentered the NCAA Transfer Portal in late April.Since entering the portal, Noles247 has confirmed that FSU has been in contact with Williams. Mike Norvell and the staff have been actively recruiting him for about three weeks.

Today I want to follow up on our report from Friday.

I spoke to Williams last Friday and he told me he was considering putting out a top 3 or top 5 over the weekend and then make a final decision by the end of the month. He did not drop a top list over the weekend, but I was able to confirm he did a ‘virtual visit’ with the FSU staff.

On either Saturday or Sunday, Williams got on a Zoom call with the same people he’d encounter on a regular visit to FSU. Williams spoke with coach Norvell, offensive line coach Alex Atkins, FSU strength and conditioning coach Josh Storms, he learned about academics and ‘toured’ the campus and facility, virtually.

Williams has not set an exact date for his commitment, only saying it would likely occur at the end of the month. The other programs involved in his recruitment right now include Baylor, USC, Ole Miss, Miami and Indiana.

Thanks for sharing.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Well if we’re recruiting him...
Sorry trying to make sense of the numbers. I was of the belief we only had 1 spot left which was taken by Walker. Now we are talking about this kid and Taulia as well. I hope we can take him as believe Williams starts at one of the T spots.

Yeah, my entire family including myself has had it. We we’re actually just sitting around talking about how much of a joke it was & how we’ve had allergies that were worse.
1589300050565.gif

Alex Atkins told Williams he would 100% start for FSU.....no ifs ands or butts.. they are doing all they can to get him there.

Advertisement
Any direct quotes from any well-placed sources saying that we are actually recruiting him? That Newturd article was pretty opinion-heavy with the typical FSU slant.

yes. Miami 247 had a short article today. And the Nole version also said Miami was recruiting him.

There's no real hurry for him to decide - he isn't getting on anyone's campus anytime soon.

Advertisement
Advertisement
yes. Miami 247 had a short article today. And the Nole version also said Miami was recruiting him.

There's no real hurry for him to decide - he isn't getting on anyone's campus anytime soon.
What were the well-placed source or Williams direct quotes relative to UM?

He would 100% start here too. He could probably be our left tackle.
Alex Atkins told Williams he would 100% start for FSU.....no ifs ands or butts.. they are doing all they can to get him there.

Well it’s good to know that they are as desperate as we are. Since we both can guarantee him a starting position, we can only hope that King has a great relationship with him and that playing with King will make the difference.

If I was told that, I would steer clear. How bad do you have to be for someone to come in and start without a competition? Is THAT the team you'd want to play for?

If i was a recruit i fill where you coming from, that means 4or5 more years of this garbage! But as a grad transfer you much looking for a guarantee of playing time, next would be team/conf/familiarity/ then chance of winning! Of course this my opininon and no substance behind it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back