Houston RT Grad Transfer Jarrid Williams enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I’ve recently started feeling like this... But at the end of the day, we all want Williams. Let me correct that. We NEED him. We all want to win now! But if we are trying to build a new culture at Miami, we have to stay loyal to the kids that are loyal to us. Because when their careers are done and they make it to the NFL or not. These are the guys who will be loyal after. To be honest that entire 2020 class has the energy to change the culture at Miami. We had some diehard canes in that class.
We have stayed loyal to Moise. As long as he gets his grades in order and we enroll him in September then we held up our end. Players can't be babies either. It's a sort of test of loyalty and commitment if you ask me. If a player really wants to be a Cane and isn't just giving lip service, then we work with him and he works hard, and he comes in September. Everyone should be ecstatic with that result.

Advertisement
We have stayed loyal to Moise. As long as he gets his grades in order and we enroll him in September then we held up our end. Players can't be babies either. It's a sort of test of loyalty and commitment if you ask me. If a player really wants to be a Cane and isn't just giving lip service, then we work with him and he works hard, and he comes in September. Everyone should be ecstatic with that result.

I agree with that. That is absolutely the best option at this point.

Moise is a good kid. Hard worker ,respectful, leader. Anybody that has met or knows Moise knows that. Many of these kids go through tough times off the field and Willie Moise is no stranger to that. I got to talk with him last week. Believe me when I say this dude has overcome a lot and has worked his *** off to be a cane. It’s all he wants. He has the grades and test scores. Coaches told him what he had to get done to get in and he got it done. As a coach you have to honor your side.

yup

Advertisement
Ivins says we have a really good chance, Baylor is the other threat right now (his old HC is still on that staff).

Baylor is the better program and he gets to stay in Tejas. Glad to hear we have a shot but not gonna hold my breath here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not even 2006?

Pipho would have been our starting tackle last season. ...

Seriously, I would have taken everyone but Scaife from the year's starting OL over our 2019 OL.

2006: Fox, Trump Wollschlager, Morris, Byrd
2019: Nelson, Donaldson/Campbell, Gaynor, Scaife/Clark, Campbell/Scaife

Especially if it's true that he still needs to wrap up his online classes to qualify, and the NCAA is going to take its time clearing him. He won't get in until late summer, won't have a definite position until after fall camp, and may need a semester to be academically eligible anyway (e.g. C Williams and Huff). Let him acclimate, have time to decide which side of the ball he will play on, redshirt/grey shirt, and come in ready to go as a second-year RS Freshman in 2021.

I'm a huge Moise fan. But we can and should get both him and J Williams. And hopefully the kid sees why that's a win/win for everyone involved.

Advertisement

this is in 2018 but he looks to have the athleticism for LT. He wouldn’t be anything imo but he’ll be one of the better ones in the ACC but he’ll go pro at RT if you ask me.

Yeah I think you definitely take him because there is a demand for his position on our roster. But based on the film he needs some more bend in the knees and doesn’t move his feet that well. Doesn’t handle the bull rush well and needs to anchor himself better versus the bull rush.

I object to “Baylor better program” than Miami while acknowledging they are winning more games.

Oh for crying out loud!

Fact: Baylor is more committed to winning than Miami.

Fact: Baylor has eclipsed 10 or more wins five times since 2011. Miami has achieved this monumental feat once since 2003.

Baylor makes the right hires and built an on-campus stadium. We keep hiring incompetent a-holes from within failed regimes and demolished our last link to greatness. It is OVER at Miami. O-V-E-R. The Liberals won. Accept it.

Baylor > Miami (Fla.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back