Houston RT Grad Transfer Jarrid Williams enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the last spot for Moise isn't happening?

I was under the impression if he got in he had the spot , word Is he got the scores needed.

I was told they had one spot available for one grad regardless of moise. That’s the last thing I’d heard on that , maybe he ran out of time but that would surprise me , since they worked with him so much.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is that the word on Black? That we didn't pursue him with vigor? Forgive my ignorance. Interesting timing that this name emerges the day after Black picks UT. Whatever the case, just get him here immediately.

The timing is interesting but the only thing I can think of is perhaps before Spring, we were looking at our depth chart and thought we needed a WR or Olineman (I would have wanted another CB but what I want doesn't matter) and maybe after limited spring the young WR's looked good enough for serviceable minutes and Oline was still a big issue so we targeted there instead. I mean having a 5 man spread set of alternating Wiggins, Pope, Payton, Brevin, Mallory, Harley, Redding, Worsham, Smith, and Restrepo (I also think we could have some 2 back set where Rooster gets flexed out wide) seems better on paper than the Oline group we have.

The timing is interesting but the only thing I can think of is perhaps before Spring, we were looking at our depth chart and thought we needed a WR or Olineman (I would have wanted another CB but what I want doesn't matter) and maybe after limited spring the young WR's looked good enough for serviceable minutes and Oline was still a big issue so we targeted there instead. I mean having a 5 man spread set of alternating Wiggins, Pope, Payton, Brevin, Mallory, Harley, Redding, Worsham, Smith, and Restrepo (I also think we could have some 2 back set where Rooster gets flexed out wide) seems better on paper than the Oline group we have.

I’m pretty sure the staff liked the NTSU wr more but they wanted to go through spring and see the ol and wr’s then go from there. It didn’t take long during spring for them to realize an OT might be a good idea.

The Fr wr were ahead of the curb and looked better than they expected, so ol was the obvious spot if they went the transfer route.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Moise can enroll in Fall and count to next year.

Miami needs to stop leveraging our roster future by taking all these grad transfers in place of prep recruits otherwise we will never get back to the full 85 man roster. Counting Moise forward takes away a 4 year spot from 2021 and we lose the 4 yr spot from 2020 by only utilizing 1 yr out of 4 yrs af eligibility by taking the grad transfer.

Will Williams provide a significant enough return on the oline worth losing a dlinemen or olinemen from the 2021 class. Considering UM's need for long term depth development.

Regards

Advertisement
Advertisement
Always a little concerned with O-line transfers. You never know what you’re getting. George Brown and Tommy Kennedy are my examples. Even the Texas kid who transferred to the gators wasn’t all world (Jean Delance)

Can he play striker? I couldn't resist.
😂😂 for real ? When do we get rid of that atrocious “STRIKER” position ? I can’t wait for the day. Mark Richt brought that position here I believe. Romeo Finley was mis used all season long. If you look at his high school tapes he was a savage, taking people’s souls with those hits. Playing the right position is important.

Always a little concerned with O-line transfers. You never know what you’re getting. George Brown and Tommy Kennedy are my examples. Even the Texas kid who transferred to the gators wasn’t all world (Jean Delance)
Except Kennedy was at Butler (basically a HS team), Brown never seem the field at LSU. This guy has atleast had some sort of success in college at a decent level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back