Houston RT Grad Transfer Jarrid Williams enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
1590424183456.png

Even if he’s 200 pounds over weight he still better than Clark at guard. Stop following what ppl say in this site and go watch film. You guys hype up ppl every year as soon as the **** up y’all turn on them. Lame *** Miami fans.
Ur a duck, I dnt need to follow sheep. I write what I see. If dude is a fata$s and underachieving maybe the weight has something to do with it. Kid was athletic af, you explain what happened. ***** dork, anyone can see that the weight is an issue. You dont have to be a "lame *** miami fan" to see it.

N nobody said Clark should start but you keep defending ur fat friend enabler.

@TheOriginalCane what is a blueshirt?

Under the rules, if you do NOT recruit a kid, and the kid enrolls, you can wait until AFTER fall practice begins, award him a scholarship, and you are able to skip the current year recruiting class window (LOIs from December 2019 to August 2020 counting towards the 2020-2021 academic year, and you are able to use one of the 2021-2022 IC slots.

The main qualification being that the person can't be considered a recruited athlete, which is a tough standard to meet, particularly for a kid that everyone wants. But if he is really set on your school, it becomes a possibility.

Advertisement
Ur a duck, I dnt need to follow sheep. I write what I see. If dude is a fata$s and underachieving maybe the weight has something to do with it. Kid was athletic af, you explain what happened. ***** dork, anyone can see that the weight is an issue. You dont have to be a "lame *** miami fan" to see it.

N nobody said Clark should start but you keep defending ur fat friend enabler.
Donaldson always been big. The dude came on campus as a true freshmen around 380 so what you mean what happened? Y’all talking like he was 315 and blew up all of a sudden

LT Williams, Herbert
LG Traore, Hillery
C Gaynor, Griffith
RG Scaife, Reed
RT Campbell, Elgammal

Scout team / redshirt (can play 4 games or less except Walker)

LT Walker
LG Rivers
C Clark
RG Donaldson
RT Nelson, Washngton

2021 OL POOL:

DONALDSON SR
GAYNOR SR
HERBERT SR
HILLERY SR
SCAIFE SR
CAMPBELL JR
REED JR
TRAORE JR
CLARK SO
NELSON SO
ELGAMMAL SO
RIVERS FR
WASHINGTON FR
WALKER FR
SEYMOUR FR
RODRIGUEZ FR

Last edited:
Advertisement
I agree. I don’t understand it either. I’m not certain of the relevance to counters if a guy took an OV or not.

I've run this down elsewhere, but I guess it bears repeating.

If a guy takes an OV, he becomes a "recruited athlete" who is ineligible for blueshirt treatment.

Let's cut to the chase, it is a "preferred walk-on plus". Kid likes a school, doesn't have a ton of other options. School likes a kid, but doesn't have an IC slot for the year. The key components are simple - if the school lets the kid pay his way for 1 year, they can give him a scholarship later AND IT NEVER COUNTS FOR IC PURPOSES. In other words, a traditional walk-on. HOWEVER, in a blueshirt situation, the kid gets a scholarship after 1 day, so he does count as an IC. So the school has to like him enough to do this, since it burns an IC slot for the next year.

All the planets have to align. Has to be worth the risk for the kid, and worth the sacrifice for the school.

Very hard to do. 95% of all of these cases involve state schools (cheap tuition) and freshman (if you're going to burn an IC slot, it had better count for something, and usually a 1-year rental will not seem to be worth the sacrifice).

Ok he dropped down to 360. Dude has never been under 345 probably since he has been here
Wth arent u guys getting? Its very simple, dude needs to get lighter to be better. Especially in this fast pace offense. Its like an overweight shaq playing on the rockets. It doesn't freaking wrk.

Wth arent u guys getting? Its very simple, dude needs to get lighter to be better. Especially in this fast pace offense. Its like an overweight shaq playing on the rockets. It doesn't freaking wrk.
You aren’t getting it. You don’t know what the kid can and can’t do. Of course he needs to drop some weight but not playing isn’t going to help with that.

Advertisement
Under the rules, if you do NOT recruit a kid, and the kid enrolls, you can wait until AFTER fall practice begins, award him a scholarship, and you are able to skip the current year recruiting class window (LOIs from December 2019 to August 2020 counting towards the 2020-2021 academic year, and you are able to use one of the 2021-2022 IC slots.

The main qualification being that the person can't be considered a recruited athlete, which is a tough standard to meet, particularly for a kid that everyone wants. But if he is really set on your school, it becomes a possibility.

Thanks

You aren’t getting it. You don’t know what the kid can and can’t do. Of course he needs to drop some weight but not playing isn’t going to help with that.
Lol thats it, reward behavior that is adversely hindering his game by giving him pt.

Advertisement
Newberg 247:

Houston OT Jarrid Williams has not informed any team of his decision. I'm leaning toward Miami after speaking with a few sources today. I'm not sure when a decision will come, possibly tomorrow is what I'm hearing.
I didn’t realize Newberg had the privilege of listening in on Jarrid’s phone calls with Manny Diaz. He is one **** of an insider!

Lol thats it, reward behavior that is adversely hindering his game by giving him pt.
I want the best players on the field. And despite his issues him and scaife are likely the best guards on the team

Reactions: DBC
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back