Houston HC Tom Herman is easily the best candidate for a HC

Herman22

Band
Banned
All you have to do is talk to an OSU fan or go to their message board and ask about him.

He is highly talked about over there and people are actually rooting for him to get the Miami gig.

He is known to be a terrific recruiter.

Look how badly OSU offense started off without him compared to last year and look how quickly he's turned around Houston.

Advertisement
think he would be a good choice after butch interviews twenty times, but i advocate for butch but never putanyone above theu. already dudes changing screen names nut huggin lol, golde showers all dem dudes. incredible, so if he wears bow ties or butch wears wife beaters everybody gonna wear it?

Herman or Butch. No one else!

I like Butch, but only if you hire really a proven coaching staff with him. He's old, and it would be a huge question mark. We cannot hire an older guy who has been out of coaching for a long time.

Advertisement
Herman or Butch. No one else!

butch all day should be number onetwo n three, herman should be the next guy. but butch makes too much sense, instant beast on the trail. goes into a kids living room and that kid says but jimbo said titles but saban said nfl, butch says i do all and better than them.

Agreed but I don't think we can get him.

New University of Houston football coach Tom Herman's contract includes a steep buyout if he leaves within the first three years of the deal.

Herman must pay $2.25 million if leaves for another job before Feb. 28, 2018, according to details obtained Thursday by the Houston Chronicle through a Freedom of Information Act request.

The buyout amount decreases to $1 million on Feb. 28, 2019, and to $500,000 on Feb. 29, 2020.

I don't see us paying Herman 4 million per year and his 2.25 mil buyout.

New University of Houston football coach Tom Herman's contract includes a steep buyout if he leaves within the first three years of the deal.

Herman must pay $2.25 million if leaves for another job before Feb. 28, 2018, according to details obtained Thursday by the Houston Chronicle through a Freedom of Information Act request.

The buyout amount decreases to $1 million on Feb. 28, 2019, and to $500,000 on Feb. 29, 2020.

$2.25M isnt much for DI.

Advertisement
of course they all goodie they just won a title, it would be like us saying good luck in the nfl butch hope u win. they dont want butch

That is not much, and believe me when I tell you this job is a gold mine. Look at the talent on the team and the incoming recruiting class.

I like Herman a lot, but he is unproven. He hasn't even completed a season as a HC. I want someone that is more proven. The call here is easy: Bring Back Butch.

Advertisement
proxy.php

Why would it take 4M per year?

Is this Al Foil math? Did you talk to Herman's people?

Al Golden made almost twice as much as Herman and he wasn't paid much.

I like Herman a lot, but he is unproven. He hasn't even completed a season as a HC. I want someone that is more proven. The call here is easy: Bring Back Butch.

This is my concern as well, if he had 2-3 successful years as HC, I'd be all in.

Advertisement
His QB averages 15 rushing attempts per game and is the team's 2nd leading rushing (both yards and attempts). Herman is a 100% read-option guy. It can be a great offense at the right school, but you want Kaaya running that O?

His QB averages 15 rushing attempts per game and is the team's 2nd leading rushing (both yards and attempts). Herman is a 100% read-option guy. It can be a great offense at the right school, but you want Kaaya running that O?

So wait, when Golden runs a power running game you fans complain he wants old slow big 10 football.

When a coach runs a spread you complain

Herman just won a NC wiht a 3rd string QB who has looked awul this year withtout him. You don't want him to come to MIami because he runs a read option?

Herman is a promising coach, but not exactly a great fit at UM.

Butch on the other hand, knows UM, knows the 305, and has been there. Done that. No risk.

Advertisement
Back