Houston commits

Advertisement
Translation: if a local **cough** team offers, im outta that trash *** town and staying CLOSER to home.

Wasn't Shannon the guy that bought us Cook and Romeo Davis? Shannon wanting him is not exactly a ringing endorsement. He's probably had a few good ones fall to his lap like Spence, but he's missed badly on some and they ended up as starters because there was no one better.

Advertisement
Yes they took his commitment however what if a higher rated LB wants to commit and they don't have room....they gonna drop him

Cook and Davis were under Coker's watch, and head coach drives the target board. Shannon made his own share of (many) recruiting mistakes. Most obvious were that he couldn't figure out how to use Arthur Brown and never offered L. David.

I do think we need another LB to go with Steed. Does anyone have any idea who the top targets are now?

Advertisement
Cook and Davis were under Coker's watch, and head coach drives the target board. Shannon made his own share of (many) recruiting mistakes. Most obvious were that he couldn't figure out how to use Arthur Brown and never offered L. David.

I do think we need another LB to go with Steed. Does anyone have any idea who the top targets are now?
Coker wasn't lead or second in evaluating defensive recruits. He had to sign off, but you can't hang them all on him. Randy owned those offers.

Good luck to this young man who got injured at an especially in opportune time. Gotta give Gators props for not backing away from their offer.

Coker wasn't lead or second in evaluating defensive recruits. He had to sign off, but you can't hang them all on him. Randy owned those offers.

I understand what you're saying, Sands. Don't get me wrong, when Randy was HC, his LB classes were full of holes, too. He had no LB in 2007, a great 2008 class, then no LB again in 2009. After that, the wheels came off with a horrific LB class in 2010, at which point he got fired. My point was that the head coach dictates recruiting approach. And Coker did nothing locally, just sat on his *** expecting elite recruits to flock to the national champions. He ended up with a lot of me players or local kids that weren't offered at more committed big time programs, like Davis and Cook. Shannon deserves some blame there, no doubt. But I wouldn't put that on his coordinators or position coaches, given how poorly he ran his staff.

Advertisement

I would say FSU commit Bradley Jennings, DeAndre Wilder, N'Darius ***an n there might be a few others that will pop up during the year

Shannon was the HC of the defense. He had complete autonomy in that side. Cook and Romeo were absolutely Shannon guys. And he proved that when he insisted on trotting both of them on the field even when there clearly better options in the roster.

Advertisement
No one hits 100% on recruits, no one. Romeo Davis was young and a top wrestler iirc. Im not going to **** on Shannon bc of a few busts. RS def brought some quality kids in. Willie Williams, whose fault? Im just saying a few bad takes shouldn't tarnish the good work he did do.

No one hits 100% on recruits, no one. Romeo Davis was young and a top wrestler iirc. Im not going to **** on Shannon bc of a few busts. RS def brought some quality kids in. Willie Williams, whose fault? Im just saying a few bad takes shouldn't tarnish the good work he did do.

Haaa

I thought WW was going to be a beast. Honestly, and I know Im kind of about to contradict my RS post from earlier, but I think WW may have walked on water had he gone to Fsu.

Advertisement
Back