Houston all-22 film - which games should I request?

Advertisement
Need to see atleast one of the the early game vs one of the later ones cause Houston fans said there was a change in play calling efficiency and claimed that was because of Dawson losing duties but either way it’d be nice to see how they changed over the course of the season

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kansas, Tulsa, Tulane. If you choose a 4th, I'd go with Memphis.

Kansas had a statistically **** defense, yet held Houston to one of its lowest scoring totals of the season. I'd like to see why.

So @LuCane - I just finished watching the first half (not all-22 admittedly) and these are the notes I took:

1st drive- 8 yard slant, starts with tempo, 4 wr wide splits
Lashlee inside zone for little gain
Huddle on 3rd and 1
QB sneak for 1st

Dawson's offense leaves gaping holes in the middle for the QB to run when the play breaks down

Tempo after 7-8 yard gains, mixed results. Usually huddle after.

RB screen for TD. Marched down the field on their first drive no problem.

2nd drive starts in Kansas territory
Tempo again, Lashlee run to make it 3rd and short.
RB busts one on 3rd and 2 for TD.

1st 2 drives were easy money

Kansas answers with a clock eating TD drive

3rd drive UH
WR screen goes nowhere
QB scramble for 1
Int on 3rd and 9 taken back inside the red zone. Late throw over the middle.

Some really nice variation in the run game. Cheeks OL and average at best RB doesn't help.
Also lots of variation in the screen game. 2 true RB screens, a WR screen and a bubble so far
Tune looks off-rhythm. Scrambles short of 1st down

Kansas with another TD. Went from down 14 to up 7.

Weather delay in the 2nd.

Kansas either taking away the deep middle or Tune just not seeing open guys. Holding the ball forever. Takes off a lot this game.

So far if it's not a screen or 1 read throw Tune has struggled.

And just like that he throws a Dart over the middle for a good gain, followed immediately by a sack. (another wasted up-tempo play)

That's 4 different screens midway through the 2nd, would have picked up 2nd and 18 after the sack but called back for holding

Another RB screen on 3rd and forever gets some yardage back but not enough.

Kansas goes deep and just like that it's 28-14 at halftime.

So after going up 14-0, just a lot of the things that plague average teams mentally. Untimely penalties, turnover leading to a TD, and Tune just not being on it, plus a weird lightning delay. I do think Dawson might have played it a little cute with the screens, but you could tell Kansas was basically selling out on rattling Tune. Momentum totally shifted from midway through the first to halftime. I'll check the 2nd half in a bit.

3rd quarter recap for anyone still reading lol:

Solid drive by UH to open the 3rd down to 1st and goal. Near-fight on the UH sideline.

Punch it in from the 1 to make it 28-21

Kansas converts 4th and 3 on their next drive. Eating a ton of clock. 35-21

Beautiful RPO on a cross but Tune misses the open WR over the middle. Next play Tune hit as his arm comes back and coughs it up again.

Kansas marches down the short field to make it 42-21

Tune sacked again next drive. Holding the ball sooooo long - looks like he's seeing ghosts now.

Picks up 3rd and 10 on a check down to the TE

Illegal procedure penalty on an incomplete out (ball was low and late)

Another RB screen (tunnel) picks up huge yards. End of 3rd quarter.

Advertisement
Okay 4th quarter just cause my OCD won't let my role in this thread go unfinished lol:

Essentially a snoozefest - UH scored on that possession and made it 42-27. Teams traded field goals till the final score of 48-30.

Kansas' D did nothing special that day. Houston's D was nonexistent and Tune was more Malik Rosier than TVD. Turned it over twice early, and Kansas scored TDs on every possession until late in the 4th when the game was well out of reach.

Advertisement
Essentially a broad camera angle where you can see all 22 players at once (11 offense and 11 defense.) Really helps you get a feel for position and flow and how schemes actually unfold in real time.
Ah, thank you. I was wondering if it had something to do with 22 different camera angles or something. How big are the files?

I’ve tried to catch up on Houston football videos (not all 22) just to get an idea of what we’re going to look like but it’s tough to make a judgment call based on their personnel last season. They had injuries at RB and their depth wasn’t great so a lot of their rushing offense was pretty much QB runs. Some of it designed, some of it scrambles. Clayton Tune, despite his nice numbers is a mediocre passer. He misses a ton of wide open guys. It’s crazy that he still completed 2/3 of his passes. You have to credit play design for having so many guys “high school” open. Tune also looked to run a lot more than a guy like TVD would. There’s a lot of open run lanes, especially against man coverage. He led the team in rushing but isn’t what I would consider a great runner. There will be opportunities for Tyler to use his legs and he should be willing to use them occasionally. I think Miami will likely be more balanced than Houston was if only because we have running backs on the roster and turning TVD into D’Eriq King would be stupid. If we can get receivers open like they were at Houston though, we’re going to score a ton and rack up huge passing numbers.

If the new additions on the offensive line can make the unit even average, we’re looking at having one of our best offensive seasons in a long time. Of course, if Tyler gets hurt, it’s another story. Jacurri Brown can be more effective in this type of system than he was in the last one but he’s just not ready to be a full time quarterback yet.

CFB All-22 are VERY hard to find. I’ve always wondered why.
Because Head Coaches, by nature, are REALLY paranoid. They're always afraid of videos,...... ESPECIALLY the "All 22", falling in the wrong hands. So they are guarded like nuclear secrets, lol. THey don't like stuff getting out.

Advertisement
Back