Off-Topic Hot dogs

Advertisement
Thanks to @Canedog for bringing this up. What are your preferred toppings for hot dogs? @SWFLHurricane as always I’m keen on your food takes
At home....I'm a Hebrew National Guy...simply because of the quality ingredients. And normally Guldens spicy Brown, or Deli mustard. Not that yellow crap. I Love ***** Dogs with Guldens...and if I'm in NYC A Sabrett with the Onion sauce is a must. When I'm in Orlando....Hot Dog Heaven is insanely good. I'm friends with the owner, and his family. All from Chicago, and all the products are Vienna Beef, which is an excellent product. Back about 6yrs ago I ranted and raved about the place to Devin Hester, and ended up bringing him there, where he signed a bunch of merchandise for the family.@TheOriginalCane will attest how good that place is. Best French frys you can possibly have. His Chicago Dog with the bright Green relish and peppers is ridiculous. I'm pretty open to toppings...as long as it's not ketchup.

At home....I'm a Hebrew National Guy...simply because of the quality ingredients. And normally Guldens spicy Brown, or Deli mustard. Not that yellow crap. I Love ***** Dogs with Guldens...and if I'm in NYC A Sabrett with the Onion sauce is a must. When I'm in Orlando....Hot Dog Heaven is insanely good. I'm friends with the owner, and his family. All from Chicago, and all the products are Vienna Beef, which is an excellent product. @TheOriginalCane will attest how good that place is. Best French frys you can possibly have. His Chicago Dog with the bright Green relish and peppers is ridiculous. I'm pretty open to toppings...as long as it's not ketchup.
Love Vienna beef and Hebrew national

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mustard? Carnelized onions?
Love Brats as well...but I wouldn't classify them as Hot Dogs...more Sausage. I can put caramelized onions on just about anything. Johnsonville Products are pretty good as well. The Beef Hot Links and Jalapeño and cheddar are Great grilled.

Love Brats as well...but I wouldn't classify them as Hot Dogs...more Sausage. I can put caramelized onions on just about anything. Johnsonville Products are pretty good as well. The Beef Hot Links and Jalapeño and cheddar are Great grilled.
maxwell street polish with carmelized onions is always delicious

Advertisement
I rarely eat dogs. But when I was a kid and went to a ball game, used to have them all the time

For some reason I like Nathan's even though my wife thinks it's too greasy. Certain Hoffman's I thought were tasty too. But one time we were at our neighbors and they had these "Angus Beef" version of Oscar Mayer. And when I saw the "Oscar Mayer" brand my first thought was, this is gonna be garbo! But then when I ate them... it was pretty good ****.

oscar_mayer_angus.jpg

When I was a kid... i was a strictly mustard guy... nowadays I love finely chopped onions and mustard. But it's been a while... and now I'm hungry!

Last edited:

What about in South Florida, any hot dog places you recommend?

(asking for a friend)

What about in South Florida, any hot dog places you recommend?

(asking for a friend)
Not sure...back in the 70s and early 80s Lums was pretty spot on....But Man o Man....Hot Dog Heaven in Orlando has been an institute since 1985...Mike the owner retired 2yrs ago...but his kids are doing a fantastic job keeping the tradition going.

Advertisement
The German brats I've been getting lately are more akin to hotdogs in texture than a Johnsonville brat, they're a great middle ground.

I have a soft spot for arbetter even though the quality of the actual hot dog was always sub par. Good toppings and great old school vibe.
One thing about me....I'd much rather have my Hotdog grilled vs in boiling water. I realize most places have them in the water (even Hotdog Heaven does, which is fine. But there's something about a Hotdog, Brat, or Sausage off the grill that appeals to me. There's a place in Clifton New Jersey called Rutt's Hut, which possibly is the best I've ever had. They Deep fry their Hot dogs...and do them at different levels....all the way till there blistering....Ridiculously amazing.

Advertisement
Back