Off-Topic Horror Movies

919cane

Sophomore
We're moving into prime horror movie season. What are some of your favorites that you watch regularly as we get closer to Halloween? Also looking for recommendations on more obscure and newer horror flicks you've enjoyed.

Advertisement
We're moving into prime horror movie season. What are some of your favorites that you watch regularly as we get closer to Halloween? Also looking for recommendations on more obscure and newer horror flicks you've enjoyed.

I enjoy horror/mystery, and your profile pic has one of the best. Even if you think old movies are corny, people should try to catch some of the classic Hitchcock films. But I’ll give you a horror flick that I watched not too long ago - someone else told me about it - it’s called “Don’t Look Now“ with Donald Sutherland. It was totally something I did not expect, and that conclusion, well…

May not be to everyone’s taste, but I wanted to throw something out there that may be a lot of people hadn’t heard of.

Not exactly horror, but Prey was really ******* good. Hearing Barbarian and The Black Phone are pretty good too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
As NYSOM said Halloween is the best of all. Rosemary's Baby, The Exorcist, Children of the Corn. I don't find any of them scary so I prefer suspense/thrillers more than horror. Most are campy which is fine and all, but I am somewhat of a movie snob. Why I quit watching anything new.

I enjoy horror/mystery, and your profile pic has one of the best. Even if you think old movies are corny, people should try to catch some of the classic Hitchcock films. But I’ll give you a horror flick that I watched not too long ago - someone else told me about it - it’s called “Don’t Look Now“ with Donald Sutherland. It was totally something I did not expect, and that conclusion, well…

May not be to everyone’s taste, but I wanted to throw something out there that may be a lot of people hadn’t heard of.
44bfNCT.png

Advertisement
Nothing beats the original Halloween.

🎃

I like Rob Zombie's remakes as well, just for a slightly different take. The original Halloween 2 wasn't bad but they fell off sharply after that.

This new trilogy isn't awful...but still not in the original's ballpark

I like Rob Zombie's remakes as well, just for a slightly different take. The original Halloween 2 wasn't bad but they fell off sharply after that.

This new trilogy isn't awful...but still not in the original's ballpark

H20 isn’t bad if you can get past the horrible mask.

Advertisement
Nope (literally made my jaw drop for almost ten seconds at a key reveal)

Dawn of the Dead (1978)

The Thing (1982)

Alien

Signs

Jaws

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'll throw another one out there...the 1988 remake of The Blob. Screenplay was co-written by Frank Darabont.
Speaking of Darabont and horror films, I thought The Mist was a great modern 50s style "monster" movie. He also co-wrote the '94 version of Frankenstein with De Niro, which he called "the best script I ever wrote and the worst movie I've ever seen" lol.

Speaking of Darabont and horror films, I thought The Mist was a great modern 50s style "monster" movie. He also co-wrote the '94 version of Frankenstein with De Niro, which he called "the best script I ever wrote and the worst movie I've ever seen" lol.
For the Mist, to view it with the intent he had in making it, watch it in black and white.

Advertisement
Back