Horace Copeland NFL Highlights

TemplarCane

A Real One
Premium
Thought ya’ll might enjoy this. Horace was coming on as an excellent NFL receiver before a terrible knee injury. Some bonus footage of Craig Erickson throwing some deep balls to Hi-C. I always thought Erickson was underrated compared to his four predecessors at Miami (Walsh-Testaverde-Kosar-Kelly). Never hit the big time in the NFL but had some good games in Tampa (3,000 yards and 18 TDs in 1993). The only local Miami starting QB with a ring (‘89).

Advertisement
I still remember that 99 yarder vs Arkansas in '91. Too lazy to look up but did he ever make a Pro Bowl?

Advertisement
Hi-C is one of the few guys Ive ever seen that could actually beat Deion Sanders deep. Flipper Anderson also comes to mind
You should have seen Horace run in HS in Orlando....His HS FB Coach Bill Gierke told me he was the best Athlete he ever coached...Horace's brother Bobby is a Manager at a Publix in Downtown Orlando, and is the spitting image of Horace..

You should have seen Horace run in HS in Orlando....His HS FB Coach Bill Gierke told me he was the best Athlete he ever coached...Horace's brother Bobby is a Manager at a Publix in Downtown Orlando, and is the spitting image of Horace..

I interacted with Horace on Twitter years ago, seemed like a very nice guy. then he just kinda disappeared.

Hi-C was one of those guys at Miami that didn't always have a lot of grabs, or was necessarily the #1 guy, but he made his catches really count.

Last edited:
I interacted with Horace on Twitter years ago, seemed like a very nice guy. then he just kinda disappeared.

Hi-C was one of those guys at Miami that didn't always have a lot of passes, or was necessarily the #1 guy, but he ade his catches really count.
I bet that’s a common occurrence after people interact with you .

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thought ya’ll might enjoy this. Horace was coming on as an excellent NFL receiver before a terrible knee injury. Some bonus footage of Craig Erickson throwing some deep balls to Hi-C. I always thought Erickson was underrated compared to his four predecessors at Miami (Walsh-Testaverde-Kosar-Kelly). Never hit the big time in the NFL but had some good games in Tampa (3,000 yards and 18 TDs in 1993). The only local Miami starting QB with a ring (‘89).

This is my era

I still remember that 99 yarder vs Arkansas in '91. Too lazy to look up but did he ever make a Pro Bowl?
No. He was coming on as a great deep threat for Tampa Bay from 1993-95, but suffered a bad knee injury in a preseason game and missed all of 1996. Had a comeback year in 1997, but waived the following season. Average per catch feel from over 18 to 13.

Career: 115-1,977-7 TDs. 17.2 yards per reception.

As a Bucs and Canes fan I was excited when they drafted Lamar and Horace in 1993. Horace had the better career by a few catches. Lamar’s best seasons were playing with Marino and the Fins. Injuries cost Lamar too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I remember going to practices back In the day and to this day, I have never seen anyone with his stride. Dude was gliding out there. One of the best athletes ever to wear O&G

I didn't go to a ton of practices at that time, but I remember watching him at one practice and saw this big WR really lay out for a deep ball. He didn't make the catch but it seemed like he was airborne for a long time and a bunch of yards. Impressed the heck out of me.
And if my memory serves me correctly the QB that threw it to him at this practice was .......... one Frank Costa.

Last edited:
Hi-C is one of the few guys Ive ever seen that could actually beat Deion Sanders deep. Flipper Anderson also comes to mind
Some suggested Randall Hill could. I don’t remember if it happened. Both Hill and Copeland had track speed as I recall.

Advertisement
Back