Hopefully UM administration has learned

Ookie_Thegreat

Recruit
Scheduling these home-away games with these low level programs like Arkansas st aren't worth it. UM should never be flying to Jonesboro Arkansas to play a game period. If you are gonna consider yourself a big time program start handing business like one and stop bowing down to crapy programs that don't even matter.

Advertisement
I know we got bigger problems but I still don't get canceling the game though. We could of gone there like Thursday could of probably borrowed a practice fatality. After the game waited a couple extra days there until it was safe to travel back and ultimately dodging the hurricane all together. Now the players are going to have to go through it.

Scheduling these home-away games with these low level programs like Arkansas st aren't worth it. UM should never be flying to Jonesboro Arkansas to play a game period. If you are gonna consider yourself a big time program start handing business like one and stop bowing down to crapy programs that don't even matter.

Do you think we would have played it if it was a home game?

Honestly yes I think if the game is here and arky st is willing to play on Friday yes we play that game but we should never be going there anyway. Then you agree to go there first?

Wtf does this have to do with anything that's happened over the past 24 hours? We're not dodging **** other than a category 5 hurricane. We're any of you even in Miami when Andrew struck? That beast was supposed to miss then at the last second turned straight into us. What if that happens here and we've got a bunch of kids playing in a football game with minds on their families? God forbid anything brutal happens to any kid's family. Get a fckin grip everyone on this board. Let's start talking about FSU.

Advertisement

Wtf does this have to do with anything that's happened over the past 24 hours? We're not dodging **** other than a category 5 hurricane. We're any of you even in Miami when Andrew struck? That beast was supposed to miss then at the last second turned straight into us. What if that happens here and we've got a bunch of kids playing in a football game with minds on their families? God forbid anything brutal happens to any kid's family. Get a fckin grip everyone on this board. Let's start talking about FSU.

I'm not saying we are dunking them, I'm saying this game should never had been away period...

I'm not saying we are dunking them, I'm saying this game should never had been away period...

What is the difference if we were playing away at Michigan State this week? The game would still have been cancelled. The out of conf opponent doesn't matter.

So what has the administration learned in recent events that made you post a dumb thread?

You're right. I see some of the most ignorant and thoughtless comments. I don't know if people realize how bad this could be. As I said in another comment, I think a lot of those saying the team should have flown to Memphis and then stayed in Atlanta for a week don't realize how bad this could be. Very few hurricanes of this intensity have ever hit south Florida. Many making these comments might have been little kids or maybe not even born when Andrew hit. That was 25 years ago. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Advertisement
this is a beyond stupid thread. It doesn't matter who we would of played this week or where . It would of been cancelled and that is the right thing to do. Mother Nature waits for no one.

You're right. I see some of the most ignorant and thoughtless comments. I don't know if people realize how bad this could be. As I said in another comment, I think a lot of those saying the team should have flown to Memphis and then stayed in Atlanta for a week don't realize how bad this could be. Very few hurricanes of this intensity have ever hit south Florida. Many making these comments might have been little kids or maybe not even born when Andrew hit. That was 25 years ago. I remember it like it was yesterday.

WADR

Why couldn't we have played the game on Thursday or Friday and still had all of your concerns taken care of?

WADR

Why couldn't we have played the game on Thursday or Friday and still had all of your concerns taken care of?

Travel on a short week with no time to prep for it? This is the suggestion of a fan of the Miami Hurricanes?

If you knew anything about the economics of the college football landscape you would understand why we have home and away series with the Appy and Arkansas States...but proceed with the yapping anyways.

Advertisement
OOKIE (TROLL) What does WHO Canes are playing (in this case Arky State) have to do with anything?? You do realize that the DOLPHINS/Tampa Bay made the decision NOT to play YESTERDAY???? Oh wait, probably not :youre_nuts::youre_nuts::youre_nuts:

Advertisement
Back