Honorary Captain for the UF game

092317vince001.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Golden sure didn't like them coming back. Richt welcomed them - but I didn't see anyone else having a former player as Honorary Captain of a season kickoff game.

Some talk, some do.

Manny do.

Wrong. Golden publicly loved former players coming back UNTILL they started questioning his defense. Diaz has yet to coach a game nor be criticized so it is not a fair comparison.

Advertisement
Wrong. Golden publicly loved former players coming back UNTILL they started questioning his defense. Diaz has yet to coach a game nor be criticized so it is not a fair comparison.

Hey! Jenius! It didn't take former players to start questioning the defense!

And Golden pretty much shut them out after that started - MEANING - he did NOT welcome former players back.

If you invite someone to your party - and then tell them they're not welcome - you're NOT a welcoming coach.

Advertisement
Hey! Jenius! It didn't take former players to start questioning the defense!

And Golden pretty much shut them out after that started - MEANING - he did NOT welcome former players back.

If you invite someone to your party - and then tell them they're not welcome - you're NOT a welcoming coach.

I think you are missing my point. How do you know former players aren't going to criticize Manny after his first loss? How do you know Manny will invite them back after they do? You don't. Because there haven't been any games yet!

I think you are missing my point. How do you know former players aren't going to criticize Manny after his first loss? How do you know Manny will invite them back after they do? You don't. Because there haven't been any games yet!

You think it might be a good idea to wait and see how we do this year? I don't deal in long-term hypothetical ponderings - it's a waste of time.

I recall most of you here as members of Golden's Girly Fan Club - while just a few of us were raising **** and completely washed our hands of Golden after his third game, losing to Kansas State.

And we few - never changed our minds. Most others - made excuses.

So. I didn't miss nothing then. I'm not missing anything now.

Didnt Richt have a former player come to every Friday night pre game team dinner? I thought there was always an "honorary" captain that gave the team a speech, etc. the night before a game

Advertisement
You think it might be a good idea to wait and see how we do this year? I don't deal in long-term hypothetical ponderings - it's a waste of time.

I recall most of you here as members of Golden's Girly Fan Club - while just a few of us were raising **** and completely washed our hands of Golden after his third game, losing to Kansas State.

And we few - never changed our minds. Most others - made excuses.

So. I didn't miss nothing then. I'm not missing anything now.

OK, man. You are predicting that in an apples to apples comparison, Golden didn't like former players after he coached some bad games while predicting Manny will react differently. You contradict your statement about not making hypotheticals. Let's see how the former players react to some losses and if Manny is so receptive when the criticism starts flowing.

OK, man. You are predicting that in an apples to apples comparison, Golden didn't like former players after he coached some bad games while predicting Manny will react differently. You contradict your statement about not making hypotheticals. Let's see how the former players react to some losses and if Manny is so receptive when the criticism starts flowing.

You don't understand - what I saw under Golden - was a lack of fight. It was so mechanical. Defense was "wait for it . . . wait for it . . . "

Didn't look anything like UM football.

We lost a game last night - but I can live with that as they were fighting and there was no quit in them. Howard lost some games, JJ lost some games, Erickson lost some games, and Butch lost some games - but the teams all had balls and fought.

I didn't see one thing in common with our Golden teams. Nothing! (I hope that helps for clarification)

Advertisement
Back