Honesty question

ChosenOne

Band
Banned
Been thinking about this for a while. Might sound crazy but hear me out.

Do you think the staff would consider using Trent Harris at LB or replace McCloud at some point this year? Maybe it to late but I'm seeing true freshman get crossed train between RB and WR so I don't think it would be to much for Trent.

"But Trent Harris is a DE." Yea but he is one of our most athletic D-linemen we have.
"He won't be fast enough." I think he is plenty fast. Honestly, is Owens any faster? Probably not. Is Mike Smith or Charles Perry faster then Harris? Probably but I doubt by much (See him chase down Marshall on a soggy field vs GT). Also, Trent would make up for it with his discipline, ability to diagnose plays faster then those other LBs and he also knows how to purse angles which makes up for speed concerns.
He would be a great blitzer as well for obvious reasons. He has been in pass coverage with No D and a bit with Diaz so it not like it something he has never done before. He'd also be able to play the run a lot better then either of those other LBs especially McCloud. If I'm not mistaken he usually lines up on the same side as McCloud.

I'm just saying he is to good of a player to be a rotational player while you got clear liabilities on the field at LB. He wouldn't be all world obviously but I think he could produce more then what we're seeing from McCloud, Smith, and Perry. It not like those guys are killers in coverage and they are a nightmare tackling and against the run. Maybe Toolbox Trent probably has the ability to play LB in his toolbox.

I'd like guys like HurricanesVision, CoachMacho etc guys who know the small things about the position and how effective Trent could probably at outside LB.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Trent can play many positions aka the "toolbox", but I think the coaches have a good radar of him and the scheme we need to use him for. Nice thought but with young guys like Wilder and Jennings, it will take a major sit to make the transition at this time of the season. But hey a broke clock is correct twice a day. Diaz I think is more settled with his D unit, unlike our O. Just saying

I think he would be solid nothing special but maybe that’s all we need is solid play from someone athletic enough to have gap integrity and not let plays bounce out with a sure tackle

I love the boom and drive McCloud brings but woof watching him whiff on gaps missed tackles and letting things get by him is hrd to watch

Honesty is always the best policy.

Did that answer your question? Your post was TLDR.

/rude sarcasm, but no barring emergency, it's not time to start getting cute

Advertisement
You make THE WORST threads. Stop making threads and stop posting all together.

Advertisement
LOL..."Honestly", I think Owens, Perry, & Smith have contributed nicely in their roles. Perry had a pick vs UNC IIRC...and Owens had a nice stop from the ILB position vs UNC. No need to $h!t on upperclassmen who rep UM the right way.

Advertisement
franchise, be careful. if he actually does that, you'll be held liable. better get a lawyer (I know you are one)

Been thinking about this for a while. Might sound crazy but hear me out.

Do you think the staff would consider using Trent Harris at LB or replace McCloud at some point this year? Maybe it to late but I'm seeing true freshman get crossed train between RB and WR so I don't think it would be to much for Trent.

"But Trent Harris is a DE." Yea but he is one of our most athletic D-linemen we have.
"He won't be fast enough." I think he is plenty fast. Honestly, is Owens any faster? Probably not. Is Mike Smith or Charles Perry faster then Harris? Probably but I doubt by much (See him chase down Marshall on a soggy field vs GT). Also, Trent would make up for it with his discipline, ability to diagnose plays faster then those other LBs and he also knows how to purse angles which makes up for speed concerns.
He would be a great blitzer as well for obvious reasons. He has been in pass coverage with No D and a bit with Diaz so it not like it something he has never done before. He'd also be able to play the run a lot better then either of those other LBs especially McCloud. If I'm not mistaken he usually lines up on the same side as McCloud.

I'm just saying he is to good of a player to be a rotational player while you got clear liabilities on the field at LB. He wouldn't be all world obviously but I think he could produce more then what we're seeing from McCloud, Smith, and Perry. It not like those guys are killers in coverage and they are a nightmare tackling and against the run. Maybe Toolbox Trent probably has the ability to play LB in his toolbox.

I'd like guys like HurricanesVision, CoachMacho etc guys who know the small things about the position and how effective Trent could probably at outside LB.

One word: No

Advertisement
Don't Toolbox lead the team in sacks or some ****? Why in the blur**** would you take our our sack leader off of the D-Line? I'd rather ******* run nickle as a base and put Bandy down in the box on run downs than slide Toolbox back.

Advertisement
Back