Homer

I felt like even when Homer was in the game, Richt went 5 wide no back more than half the time. Seemed like that was the game plan and when Homer went out, they essentially replaced him in the slot with a WR.

I feel like this is exactly the type of offense most of us were calling for all offeseason. Spread teams out, take advantage of match ups, and get the ball into the playmakers hands. Too many drops yesterday, but there were guys running wide open all game. I saw Jeff Thomas blow by his guy a few times, and even on that incomplete 4th down pass, Langham had great position but the ball was too low. ****, even on that dropped snapped that Rosier flung down field, Richards beat his man but the ball was a bit under thrown and the footing was terrible(not to mention the DB ran into Richards when he tried to comeback for the ball). Red zone play calling and execution is still an issue, but I love where this offense is going. Herndon is finally getting used properly. Malik is taking advantage of off coverage by getting the ball quick to WR for easy 7-8 yard gains. The last two weeks we finally see defense worn down in the fourth where the running game has been able to break a long run when it matters most. It’s not perfect, but the offense is starting to come together. Just need to continue to execute consistently and not have those lulls in the middle of the game. Should finally have a tune up week against NC, to try to clean things up. Before big games against VT and ND.

Advertisement
Picked up blitzes too. We were all worried about that after MW went down. But Homer has more than held his own in that category
I wasn't worried about it. That was another CIS myth just like the myth that he's a fumbler.
Hear f'in hear. Don't know if it was as much myth as an overblown rationalization. As a board, we seem to like to say a lot of **** and then look back and be like "well, he's now playing because he must've improved his pass blocking."

Picked up blitzes too. We were all worried about that after MW went down. But Homer has more than held his own in that category
I wasn't worried about it. That was another CIS myth just like the myth that he's a fumbler.
Hear f'in hear. Don't know if it was as much myth as an overblown rationalization. As a board, we seem to like to say a lot of **** and then look back and be like "well, he's now playing because he must've improved his pass blocking."

It was made up bullsh*t that brainless retards used to justify Richt's insistence on playing a one legged Walton over Homer.

Often went against him in special teams last year when he was running down on kickoff or punt coverage. This man running full speed at you is not fun

Advertisement
Often went against him in special teams last year when he was running down on kickoff or punt coverage. This man running full speed at you is not fun
That said, I kinda cringe watching him run down now. We really need him. He's gotta be logging a crazy amount of plays.

The way they are using him isn't sustainable. Get the other guys behind him some work because at some point we will need them.

That said, I kinda cringe watching him run down now. We really need him. He's gotta be logging a crazy amount of plays.

I agree, he's tremendous at it but not worth the risk since he's the workhorse now

It's not a pretty sight behind him. Brown confirmed yesterday that he has ZERO confidence in any of the backups. I hope that's more Brown being conservative than it is reality.

Homer might be our most important player right now due to the coaches' obvious lack of confidence in the backups.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back