Hold up..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soon as this gets deleted, I'm going to start a thread asking about why this thread about another thread getting deleted got deleted.

Advertisement
Seems to me we have a certain portion of our fanbase that cares more about the caricature they have created of themselves as "super fans" than they actually do about the team. It's all about look at me i'm a superfan I tailgate, i call in to shows, i take pictures everywhere. It's like the chick on facebook that constantly posts pictures of wtf she is eating for dinner and what her boyfriend does for her, its ****ing annoying.

I don't know this guy more than you do but how would you know that he takes pictures everywhere and how do you know he calls shows often? I personally don't know how often he calls.. I listen to sports radio during my drive in the morning which is about 30 minutes. Does he call 3 times a day.. 10 times?

Super fan? What else can we as fans do other than be fans? So if I cared in a more serious manner as a fan, would that lead to more victories?

I guess I'm just trying to understand what the hatred is for this guy.
What if the team was defending National Champs and ranked #1? Would his 'antics' be okay?

It's because he supports the team and Coach Golden that's where the hatred lies....

Seems to me we have a certain portion of our fanbase that cares more about the caricature they have created of themselves as "super fans" than they actually do about the team. It's all about look at me i'm a superfan I tailgate, i call in to shows, i take pictures everywhere. It's like the chick on facebook that constantly posts pictures of wtf she is eating for dinner and what her boyfriend does for her, its ****ing annoying.

I don't know this guy more than you do but how would you know that he takes pictures everywhere and how do you know he calls shows often? I personally don't know how often he calls.. I listen to sports radio during my drive in the morning which is about 30 minutes. Does he call 3 times a day.. 10 times?

Super fan? What else can we as fans do other than be fans? So if I cared in a more serious manner as a fan, would that lead to more victories?

What if the team was defending National Champs and ranked #1? Would his 'antics' be okay?

Did I call him out specifically? Nope. I made a broad statement about the observations I have made. **** all it takes is a facebook account to see that. And like I said its when a fan comes across being an attention grabbing ***** instead of a fan of the team, which I gave you an analogy of so you would have a way to understand it. It's not that complicated to understand.

He's an attention ***** and his wife is ugly so I hate his guts. He makes a real Cuban throw up.

Advertisement

Did I call him out specifically? Nope. I made a broad statement about the observations I have made. **** all it takes is a facebook account to see that. And like I said its when a fan comes across being an attention grabbing ***** instead of a fan of the team, which I gave you an analogy of so you would have a way to understand it. It's not that complicated to understand.

Okay, so considering that this tread is about this Laz guy and others mentioned (I guess how bad of a fan he is) and you brought up that 'certain portions' of the fanbase are as you say 'attention grabbing whores' I assumed you were speaking about him also.. My bad for assuming that.

Now I'm still confused as to why he is so bad. I've seen him on twitter however I never recall listening to him on the radio. Now on twitter I see that he posts pictures of tailgating and he is out there way before the game starts.. I see that he has his kid attend the football camps. I see that he attends the Hurricane hotline show. Actually I see that he is Georgia now and is attending the game tomorrow in which I think is to support the team. So how is this bad again?

Laz is the homie and he aight with me. I know everybody has their differences and it is what it is. Is he labeled a "Super Fan" cause he has a group of Canes Fans? Or because he calls in weekly to support the canes? Funny thing is I see a lot of people here saying he need to see yall or meet yall in a confrontational way but anybody that has knowledge of Laz know exactly where you can find him.

I'm just saying....if you got beef with the man and got some words for him don't sit behind a computer and express how you feel. Meet him in the Blue lot

Laz is the homie and he aight with me. I know everybody has their differences and it is what it is. Is he labeled a "Super Fan" cause he has a group of Canes Fans? Or because he calls in weekly to support the canes? Funny thing is I see a lot of people here saying he need to see yall or meet yall in a confrontational way but anybody that has knowledge of Laz know exactly where you can find him.

I'm just saying....if you got beef with the man and got some words for him don't sit behind a computer and express how you feel. Meet him in the Blue lot

Boom this right there!

Advertisement
From what i've read the "meet me somewhere" line is in mockery of dude threatening other fans to begin with. Idk anything about how that came about though.

Boom this right there!

Okay, so considering that this tread is about this Laz guy and others mentioned (I guess how bad of a fan he is) and you brought up that 'certain portions' of the fanbase are as you say 'attention grabbing whores' I assumed you were speaking about him also.. My bad for assuming that.

Now I'm still confused as to why he is so bad. I've seen him on twitter however I never recall listening to him on the radio. Now on twitter I see that he posts pictures of tailgating and he is out there way before the game starts.. I see that he has his kid attend the football camps. I see that he attends the Hurricane hotline show. Actually I see that he is Georgia now and is attending the game tomorrow in which I think is to support the team. So how is this bad again?

Simple question. Is it about being a fan or spreading a particular persons brand or celebrity? I think we can agree there are some that are more about promoting self than supporting team. Again I dont know about this guy in particular but if the shoe fits wear it.

From what i've read the "meet me somewhere" line is in mockery of dude threatening other fans to begin with. Idk anything about how that came about though.

Boom this right there!

That is true. It is mocking his confrontational attitude that he takes on behind a computer.

Boom this right there!

That is true. It is mocking his confrontational attitude that he takes on behind a computer.

Easy to talk sh*t behind a computer. Takes a real man to do that... got beef with Laz then say it to his face

Advertisement

Boom this right there!

Easy to talk sh*t behind a computer. Takes a real man to do that... got beef with Laz then say it to his face

Exactly.....got beef with Laz or anybody in general just bring it to their attention. If yall fight just make sure no weapons are used and yall live to see another day. At the end of the day we use the motto "It's not a nation, it's a family"....well family fight from time to time but stand for one cause when its all said and done!

That fat **** makes himself a target so talking **** about him on a message board is far from out of line.

Boom this right there!

Exactly.....got beef with Laz or anybody in general just bring it to their attention. If yall fight just make sure no weapons are used and yall live to see another day. At the end of the day we use the motto "It's not a nation, it's a family"....well family fight from time to time but stand for one cause when its all said and done!

Yeah, and that cause is tailgating and having a good time.

Advertisement
Doc,

What I'm trying to figure out though is what exactly has he done to spread his 'brand or celebrity status'. Sorry that I'm late to this and I didn't see the first thread nor have I heard him on the radio but from what I see on Twitter. It seems like he has a large group of other fans that he tailgates with.. Looks like they created a banner and some t shirts that say CanesFam

Now perhaps you don't know b/c as you said you don't know the particulars of this guy but perhaps someone else can elaborate.

Example.. Rokulika doesn't like him b/c as he said, his wife is ugly.. Umm okay, that would be a good reason..

Now me personally.. I don't have the time to call into a radio station 10 times a day and even if I did have the time.. I wouldn't do it.. Shoot, I barely get 1/2 an hour to listen to the radio.

So other than the radio stuff.. Is it really a bad thing to post pictures of tailgating with his friends and family, going to Canes Hotline show and going to road games?

I mean I have a man cave painted in orange with a big UM fathead, and jerseys and pictures posted all over the wall and yes I've posted my fandom on twitter.. Does this make me an attention seeking *****?

Boom this right there!

Easy to talk sh*t behind a computer. Takes a real man to do that... got beef with Laz then say it to his face.

Just like the guy behind me at last year's game calling Walford a soft *** pu $$y fa**it...told him say it to his face tough man. Easy to say when your in the stands...

Chill out dip****. That was my first post in this thread (or any Laz-related thread) confirming Doc's belief that people say 'meet me somewhere' to mock him. It's ironic you are defending someone that does the exact same thing you are spouting off about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back