HOLD UP on AQM and GRACE blame game. This sounds like ...

HOLD UP on AQM and GRACE. This sounds like basically the NCAA told UM that dismissing them was the course of action to take.

It's already been reported that this punishment was determined in consultation with the NCAA.

Of course, it's too early to know all the details, and to know exactly what happened. But before everybody starts blasting the administration, or even compliance, let's see what actually comes out about how this punishment was determined.

To me, so far, this has the NCAA's dirty fingerprints all over it. And if that's the case, not too much we could do.

So.....are you saying the NCAA made them accept the illegal benefits WHILE UM in on NCAA probation??

Advertisement
HOLD UP on AQM and GRACE. This sounds like basically the NCAA told UM that dismissing them was the course of action to take.

It's already been reported that this punishment was determined in consultation with the NCAA.

Of course, it's too early to know all the details, and to know exactly what happened. But before everybody starts blasting the administration, or even compliance, let's see what actually comes out about how this punishment was determined.

To me, so far, this has the NCAA's dirty fingerprints all over it. And if that's the case, not too much we could do.

So.....are you saying the NCAA made them accept the illegal benefits WHILE UM in on NCAA probation??

No, not at all. They made their bed.

What I am saying is that in essence the NCAA communicated to Miami, that based on NCAA rules, the appropriate action to avoid playing with ineligible players was suspension for the entire season.

The players had legal representation so they weren't necessarily railroaded in terms NCAA authority. The players are "educated" when they come in not to accept impermissible gifts or to confirm with the Compliance Dept. that said gift is permissible. They accepted the car rental "hookup" knowing full well it was a chance they were taking. Their actions have affected themselves and the team. I harbor the hate in this matter for the representative(s) of the Miami dealership who arranged the hookup. These are the other people besides the players that should be called out.

So is the name of the car dealership well known in Miami and why would any Cane fan ever support this dealership's business after this? Boycott them outa business, I say ! While posting this comment, I fully acknowledge that I do not know the Miami area or politics at all, but why not a movement to make the dealership feel some pain ?

From the looks of it, they were the sacrificial lambs for UM to not receive any institutional punishment. I can't say that I hate UM for doing what it did, it's just the 'crime' in question was absurdly minor and two young men are having their football futures torpedoed. They're far from blameless themselves, but it's a sad story.

At the very least, they can finish their degrees without issue.

How do you know what the crime was? Tell us exactly what it was please.

And UM was never in danger here. No coaches or anyone connected to the school was involved.

My biggest problem with this whole thing is how noone else has to follow the rules it seems. You got guys in the SEC blatantly showing it off and it doesn't even get looked into.

Advertisement
From the looks of it, they were the sacrificial lambs for UM to not receive any institutional punishment. I can't say that I hate UM for doing what it did, it's just the 'crime' in question was absurdly minor and two young men are having their football futures torpedoed. They're far from blameless themselves, but it's a sad story.

And UM was never in danger here. No coaches or anyone connected to the school was involved.

This is correct. No boosters. Nobody affiliated with the school was involved.

The only danger for UM was if they had ignored the counsel of compliance and the NCAA, and played ineligible players.

Do you ever tire of being a raging cvnt?

I mean, I understand that you're a poster of some repute, with esteemed gentlemen like the Lounge/WEZ's own Gables naming you among the the best Canes forum personalities ever. I often appreciate your unique brand of wit, but your CIS Canes football persona rarely strays from the mean wind direction (a reformed Goldenite on the Richt train... how exciting!)- and rarely takes on a shape other than 'perpetually b1tchy about every single little thing'. My post was relatively unoffensive and you still found a thorn to snag your panties on.

they did nothing wrong. Any of you chili dog nerd whatever who say otherwise can get slept.

fvck you! I like chili dogs!

Advertisement
Back