HOLD UP on AQM and GRACE blame game. This sounds like ...

OriginalCanesCanesCanes

All-ACC (#1 most reproted porster on CIS)
HOLD UP on AQM and GRACE. This sounds like basically the NCAA told UM that dismissing them was the course of action to take.

It's already been reported that this punishment was determined in consultation with the NCAA.

Of course, it's too early to know all the details, and to know exactly what happened. But before everybody starts blasting the administration, or even compliance, let's see what actually comes out about how this punishment was determined.

To me, so far, this has the NCAA's dirty fingerprints all over it. And if that's the case, not too much we could do.

Last edited:
Advertisement
From the looks of it, they were the sacrificial lambs for UM to not receive any institutional punishment. I can't say that I hate UM for doing what it did, it's just the 'crime' in question was absurdly minor and two young men are having their football futures torpedoed. They're far from blameless themselves, but it's a sad story.

At the very least, they can finish their degrees without issue.

Advertisement
From the looks of it, they were the sacrificial lambs for UM to not receive any institutional punishment. I can't say that I hate UM for doing what it did, it's just the 'crime' in question was absurdly minor and two young men are having their football futures torpedoed. They're far from blameless themselves, but it's a sad story.

they did nothing wrong. Any of you chili dog nerd whatever who say otherwise can get slept.

they did nothing wrong. Any of you chili dog nerd whatever who say otherwise can get slept.

That doesn't matter. If the NCAA has your balls in a vise, you got to play along

My company told me (and all managers) that I will fired to be made an example of if we come under federal investigation. They fire you --the word gets out that they dont play and the point is made. That's how life works. People will stretch the rules as far as they can until someone clamps down on them.

Advertisement
Misleading thread title.

How?
Thread title makes it seem like they may not be actually dismissed

How does it do that?

Point is to hold up blaming the school or admin before all the info is in.

Thread title is not misleading. Porster here is just reading through the dejected eyes of a cane fan who can't yet handle the truth.

Vegas 6.5 win prediction isn't looking as bad as it did two months ago.

They clearly took some compensation from this car dealer. The amount of which must have been enough to gain their dismissal. They knew what they were doing was wrong and they got caught. Dont blame UM .They had no leeway here because of all the selfish players who took stuff from Shapiro.
These guys knew what happened to Ray Ray 2 years ago yet they chose to do this . They hurt the team and themselves.
I think Richt knew this yesterday .You could see it in his interview.

Misleading thread title.

How?
Thread title makes it seem like they may not be actually dismissed

How does it do that?

Point is to hold up blaming the school or admin before all the info is in.

Thread title is not misleading. Porster here is just reading through the dejected eyes of a cane fan who can't yet handle the truth.

Vegas 6.5 win prediction isn't looking as bad as it did two months ago.

The title was changed, smarty.

Advertisement
Title written by someone who speaks AAVE , hold up isn't "hey wait" hold up is an expression of surprise at an outrage, a response to something incredulous.

They received benefits in return for a stake in their professional futures. That is one dumb *** thing to do. Give me a rental car and I will give you a piece of my future earnings. Idiots.

The players had legal representation so they weren't necessarily railroaded in terms NCAA authority. The players are "educated" when they come in not to accept impermissible gifts or to confirm with the Compliance Dept. that said gift is permissible. They accepted the car rental "hookup" knowing full well it was a chance they were taking. Their actions have affected themselves and the team. I harbor the hate in this matter for the representative(s) of the Miami dealership who arranged the hookup. These are the other people besides the players that should be called out.

Advertisement
They received benefits in return for a stake in their professional futures. That is one dumb *** thing to do. Give me a rental car and I will give you a piece of my future earnings. Idiots.

Where has this been reported?

Edit. Nevermind, I see it was Barry Jackson.

Last edited:
Frankly I don't see why UM still has to pay their scholarship if they want to remain in school. Too bad. They should be gone all the way around. Talk about letting teammates & coaches down....

they did nothing wrong. Any of you chili dog nerd whatever who say otherwise can get slept.[/QUOTE

Ridiculous comment. Of course they did something wrong and they knew it at the time. They let their egos get in the way of what common sense they possess and now they're paying the consequences. You may not think the rules make sense or are fair, but guess what, your opinion doesn't matter and the rules have to be obeyed. I don't feel very sorry for them at all considering their selfishness and stupidity hurts their teammates and team, not just themselves, and they knew the rules and potential consequences and apparently didn't care. I suspect they do now. I don't hate them for being selfish and stupid, I just hope they learn a valuable life lesson from this or their futures will be just as rough.

Advertisement
Back