Hold up, Arkansas St lost to CENTRAL ARKANSAS last year?

CanesAreAble

All-ACC
And got blow'd out at home by Toledo, and people are skeerd?

Come on, now.

This reminds me of the panic last year after App St almost knocked off Tennessee on the road. Our trip to Boone, NC was supposed to be the Bataan Death March 2.0. We were supposed to cower in the hostile confines of Whatever-the-**** Stadium. I swear fans from these smaller G5 programs don't realize we play in places like Tallahassee, Blacksburg, and South Bend all the time. But somehow we're supposed to get weak-kneed on some field with high school bleachers.

We were a 4-point favorite, and won by 100.

We opened as a 16.5-point favorite against Arky St, and I expect us to cover.

There's a big discrepancy in talent and depth, which gets overlooked. Even if some of their starters can hang, do they have the horses to go all out against Nebraska one week, then us the following week for 60 minutes?

Meanwhile we played a veritable scrimmage where our players were stylin' 36" gold chains on the sidelines.

All that said, Arkansas St is one of the better (if not the best) Sun Belt programs, so I don't expect them to lie down.

Then again...

IMG_0053.gif

Advertisement
We'll beat them for sure, I just want to see the defense execute at a higher level.

Gotta be ready for FSU, even with that gangly backup QB of theirs.

People around here just love to act like the sky is falling all the time and every team we face is the '72 Dolphins.

If you actually look at the highlights of the Arkansas State- Nebraska game you will easily see that we have nothing to worry about.
Their defense and special teams are putrid to say the least and very undersized.

OP is an American hero.

I hope the team plays perfect in all three phases just so we don't have to hear the *****ing and complaining for another week. We looked flat like many teams do that face **** opponents in week 1. It happens ********.

We will roll these **** heads in Arkansas, if you think otherwise then go **** yourself.

Advertisement
THREE HUNNIT AND FIFTY YARDS OF TOTAL OFFENSE FOR BETHUNE COOK-MAN UNIVERSITY.

Why are people acting like we gave up 300+ yards to a ACC opponent? ****, I can even accept giving up 300 to Virginia but BCU? They're in a worse conference then FAU and FIU. Stop the excuses. Tell me, what does the MEAC stand for? because that is the conference Bethune is in. Our coaches getting paid way more then Al Golden and co and produce a Al Golden coached-like product Saturday.

Last edited:
THREE HUNNIT AND FIFTY YARDS OF TOTAL OFFENSE FOR BETHUNE COOK-MAN UNIVERSITY.

Why are people acting like we gave up 300+ yards to a ACC opponent? ****, I can even accept giving up 300 to Virginia but BCU? They're in a worse conference then FAU and FIU. Stop the excuses. Tell me, what does the MEAC stand for? because that is the conference Bethune is in. Our coaches getting paid way more then Al Golden and co and produce a Al Golden coached-like product Saturday.

Serious question have you ever watched football in your life?

Side note Manny Diaz went from The Messiah to chopped liver over the weekend around these parts lol you can't make this **** up

Advertisement
Who cares what a team did last year. Arky St looked **** good ( not great but good) against Nebraska . They can really pass the ball and our young secondary will have trouble with that IMO. The line is 16 and I think we win by 15. 38-23.

And got blow'd out at home by Toledo, and people are skeerd?

Come on, now.

This reminds me of the panic last year after App St almost knocked off Tennessee on the road. Our trip to Boone, NC was supposed to be the Bataan Death March 2.0. We were supposed to cower in the hostile confines of Whatever-the-**** Stadium. I swear fans from these smaller G5 programs don't realize we play in places like Tallahassee, Blacksburg, and South Bend all the time. But somehow we're supposed to get weak-kneed on some field with high school bleachers.

We were a 4-point favorite, and won by 100.

We opened as a 16.5-point favorite against Arky St, and I expect us to cover.

There's a big discrepancy in talent and depth, which gets overlooked. Even if some of their starters can hang, do they have the horses to go all out against Nebraska one week, then us the following week for 60 minutes?

Meanwhile we played a veritable scrimmage where our players were stylin' 36" gold chains on the sidelines.

All that said, Arkansas St is one of the better (if not the best) Sun Belt programs, so I don't expect them to lie down.

Then again...

IMG_0053.gif

That team is gone. That was last year. Loads of new faces now. Our coaching staff made the mistake in fall camp last year of all no contact practices...and paid for it with 4 losses to start the season. New year, new faces, new attitude.

Who cares what a team did last year. Arky St looked **** good ( not great but good) against Nebraska . They can really pass the ball and our young secondary will have trouble with that IMO. The line is 16 and I think we win by 15. 38-23.

I do agree with you

but just because we are all talking about it...

who the **** says Nebraska is any good? app state almost beat Tennessee last year and people were losing their butts. Tennessee turned out to be an average power 5 team. same scenario here I believe

richt and co are experienced and wont let a let down happen but i'm not sure them playing Nebraska well should mean that we have to be worried by any means

Advertisement
Back