History will not repeat

Cat5in2016

Cat5in2016
Canes football is dead. Will never be elite again. Face the facts.

Scared to hire Butch Davis. All the other coaches were vanilla.

This offense is predictable, slow, not a pro style format.

Coach has no passion, should have retired.

Miami hired a preacher not a coach.

Advertisement
Need to schedule all patsy schools in order get a W. All dynasties have a beginning and end, Cane Dynasty died 15 years ago. Everything else is useless hope and horrible horrible coaching hires. The current AD ascended to his position because his two predecessors left. He was in charge of marketing.

Canes football may well be dead, but it won't be because we didn't hire a 67-year-old snake oil salesman whose college ceiling was 8-5 outside of once 16 years ago- the only resume item that folks on here remember.

Advertisement
We are a middle of the road football program. Just believe what your eyes show you. The South Florida kids have changed and college football has changed and left us lost in yesterday. Too many bad coaching hires and lost our edge in recruiting as well.

Canes football is dead, but LOL at anyone that thinks Butch Davis was the answer.

We needed a young Xs and OS offensive guru.

Canes football may well be dead, but it won't be because we didn't hire a 67-year-old snake oil salesman whose college ceiling was 8-5 outside of once 16 years ago- the only resume item that folks on here remember.
There was a pretty good list of available coaches this offseason, young, hungry coaches and we went with the over the hill guy.

Only at miami

Advertisement
I love the Canes. However, when we celebrate the greatest talent assembled on one team, some on here forget who was responsible for it and forget his first few years were limited by sanctions. I just don't think the turn around will be quick nor under this coach. I hope young players still come. The defense is over aggressive thus misdirection plays hurt them but that can be corrected. Slow lateral running plays only allow the opposing DL to penetrate the backfield.

Advertisement
Back