Hire an AD from a school that has actually shown they know how to hire coaches

Canenable

Recruit
So UCF seems to know how to hire coaches that are up and coming or have the talent to succeed. Frost then Heupel. Not speaking to the latest hire but some schools have shown an ability to hire coaches, like UCF, Boise State, etc, we need that since we do not have anyone capable in the program currently. When you hire a guy in 6 hours that 3 years into the job still does not understand the intricacies of clock management you have to look yourselves in the mirror (BOT members) and admit these losses year after year are because of your ineptitude, and the kids that have come here are paying the price since you are supposed to be the adults making the decisions!

Manny was never going to succeed no matter how much we could have wished for it. Imagine it takes seeing Manny blow the game at FSU with his defensive play calls combined with his ridiculous clock management, it takes a combination of disastrous errors and we still aren't sure if Manny will finally be unemployed here. It takes years of coaching changes and failure before we can even think Blake James might be fired, I mean do you need God to come down and explain this stuff to you BOT members? Its amazing, but sooooo predictable what the end might look like. The good news is we have some talent on the team and a good coach could come in and quickly make some noise. Heupel at Tennessee could get them to a bowl game in year 1, and we definitively have more talent with a less competitive conference, not saying I want Heupel, I want someone that has won somewhere before that could deliver at the next level. But first things forst, dump James and dump Manny and get an AD that can find a coach please!

Advertisement
I’ve said either hire a high level NFL exec who has full capacity of running a program to be an AD, a current AD from a successful program whether on the G5 or P5 level, or hiring an assistant AD who’s involved in operations from a sustained successful P5 program

Tennessee hired UCF's AD that hired Frost and Huepel. He hired Huepel. Didn't really search for other coaches.

There really aren't a lot of athletic programs that fit the same profile as Miami. Would love to try and poach Mack Rhodes #2 guy at Baylor or Georgetown's AD.

Advertisement
So UCF seems to know how to hire coaches that are up and coming or have the talent to succeed. Frost then Heupel. Not speaking to the latest hire but some schools have shown an ability to hire coaches, like UCF, Boise State, etc, we need that since we do not have anyone capable in the program currently. When you hire a guy in 6 hours that 3 years into the job still does not understand the intricacies of clock management you have to look yourselves in the mirror (BOT members) and admit these losses year after year are because of your ineptitude, and the kids that have come here are paying the price since you are supposed to be the adults making the decisions!

Manny was never going to succeed no matter how much we could have wished for it. Imagine it takes seeing Manny blow the game at FSU with his defensive play calls combined with his ridiculous clock management, it takes a combination of disastrous errors and we still aren't sure if Manny will finally be unemployed here. It takes years of coaching changes and failure before we can even think Blake James might be fired, I mean do you need God to come down and explain this stuff to you BOT members? Its amazing, but sooooo predictable what the end might look like. The good news is we have some talent on the team and a good coach could come in and quickly make some noise. Heupel at Tennessee could get them to a bowl game in year 1, and we definitively have more talent with a less competitive conference, not saying I want Heupel, I want someone that has won somewhere before that could deliver at the next level. But first things forst, dump James and dump Manny and get an AD that can find a coach please!

My preference would be Tom Jurich. Did a **** of a job at Louisville. Louisville was like UCF once, but Jurich managed to negotiate getting an academically terrible school into the acc. Business mind and excellent eye for coaches.

Advertisement
Back