Hire A Coach

Advertisement
UknowWhat Shaq will be a major impact player at UM or wherever he goes regardless of the coach because he is truly an elite athlete and great football player. Any coach dumb enough not to see that or to make Shaq a priority would not be deserving of the HC job here at UM. My guess is that our new staff will have a much more aggressive defense, one that I believe will compliment your son's physicality and style of play. As a Cane I'm hoping you and your family will be patient, but I understand and respect your desire to see a new coach in place ASAP.

Sorry Shaq's dad.
I absolutely understand what you are saying from a recruits and recruits parents perspective.
But this decision is too important to rush. It should take however long it takes to get it right.

There is only one right choice and he is available immediately. Butch is clearly the choice. There isn't another choice out there that can make up for the shortcomings that the administration has allowed to grow. You guys are thinking we will find another JJ but you fail to remember that JJ was given a NC team with a NC QB and a Hesiman QB as backup with fabulous team and it took him 4 years to win a Bowl Game. I like Kaaya, but if you think he is Bernie and we have a Vinny on the bench our this team has a Playmaker, Batten and Alonzo hanging around for the next up and comer, you are nuts. Butch is the choice and it should be made immediately. There is no reason to play games wiih the recruits.

+1,000

This is analysis paralysis or dumber and dumber leading the coaching search.

Butch won 72% of his games at UM with real sanctions (not the BS cloud sanctions that Foldin complained about).
He won the conference 3 time in 6 years
Was 4 and 0 in bowl games
UM finish in the AP top 20 five out of six seasons

Hire the man already so he can solidify this recruiting class, and work with the assistants to see who he wants to keep on the staff.

Shaq is a cornerstone type of recruit and I hope he sticks however, getting the right coach this time around is more important than any recruit.
I agree and thank you... I guess the point I'm trying to make is the right coach is available now

Please email Blake James. I have several times. There is a huge effort our there by Mario's agent to make it look like he is wanted by everyone. Please let him know that is not true.

Advertisement
if the players defeat UNC they may well run the table for 2 more wins. With UNC as suspect as they are (since their schedule have been soft), they can very well lose to either Vtech or NCState. This would propel UM to the ACC Title game, and a premier bowl game as ACC Title game participant, even as the 2nd best ACC team if they lose the ACC Title game, it would warrant the best bowl game in over 10 years,

I understand that a coaching hire may be a distracter ... but the recruits are getting restless ... there is only like 50 days until the EE s are an campus ... somewhere

Having said that, it'd be unlikely for UM Admin & BoT to announce/pick a new coach while the players are balling and on this run. As a fan, you want UM players to beat all their opponents yet defeating teams and being on a run to the ACC Title game is a condition that what won't cause this decision to be hastened, but make decision delayed. The flip side: No Haste is that UM players run the table. I know that with the players run the table, they would get a better shot at getting consideration from any available coach. And from the handful of top elite coaches (anywhere, any level) that may not have taken the UM position seriously or given it a second look, these players' successful body of work [by then] would surely secure these players and their team an actual consideration from these top coaches to coach our players.

Coaches measure an upcoming team and college by lots of factors, but chief factor amongst many factors by the truly elite coaches that have choices is the actual team of players that'd strapping up for Spring and the upcoming Fall season. The U will be loaded for 2016, and a coach considering all the teams with vacancy can see that the U has the top team returning in 2016 and thus UM players give the respected top elite coach the best chance of being successful right off the bat, bar none.

I see a whole other huge intangible benefit (tangible to me) that if the team run the table, then the incoming Coach won't have to think (and lower expectation) and sell that he is coming as a savior of this sinking ship, and needs time. And thus, he has to rebuild and keep more water from coming in, so he is all in on stopping and stabilizing the hemorrhaging (bleeding) before he could tackle the task at hand....then the whole cycle of rebuilding is being re-run all over again. [***** that!]

A winning current UM team blunts that crap, and the incoming Coach, Butch or whomever most elite Coach, would recognize they need to start playing for Titles right away, and ***** rebuilding. Rather, just win and re-load ! What should a parent want? If UM get blown out by UNC this Saturday, the new coach will be announced shortly. Having patience brings the best karma for UM Football and your son's future team.
Great point...and responce

I'd hate for it to go like that and would hate to be right this way, but we might just be hiring Butch in a couple of days if the Canes keep playing like this and the refs killing us along the way.

Can we just hire Butch or Herman at halftime? The downside of any "distraction" cannot be worse than the impact of yet another humiliating loss.

if the players defeat UNC they may well run the table for 2 more wins. With UNC as suspect as they are (since their schedule have been soft), they can very well lose to either Vtech or NCState. This would propel UM to the ACC Title game, and a premier bowl game as ACC Title game participant, even as the 2nd best ACC team if they lose the ACC Title game, it would warrant the best bowl game in over 10 years,

I understand that a coaching hire may be a distracter ... but the recruits are getting restless ... there is only like 50 days until the EE s are an campus ... somewhere

Having said that, it'd be unlikely for UM Admin & BoT to announce/pick a new coach while the players are balling and on this run. As a fan, you want UM players to beat all their opponents yet defeating teams and being on a run to the ACC Title game is a condition that what won't cause this decision to be hastened, but make decision delayed. The flip side: No Haste is that UM players run the table. I know that with the players run the table, they would get a better shot at getting consideration from any available coach. And from the handful of top elite coaches (anywhere, any level) that may not have taken the UM position seriously or given it a second look, these players' successful body of work [by then] would surely secure these players and their team an actual consideration from these top coaches to coach our players.

Coaches measure an upcoming team and college by lots of factors, but chief factor amongst many factors by the truly elite coaches that have choices is the actual team of players that'd strapping up for Spring and the upcoming Fall season. The U will be loaded for 2016, and a coach considering all the teams with vacancy can see that the U has the top team returning in 2016 and thus UM players give the respected top elite coach the best chance of being successful right off the bat, bar none.

I see a whole other huge intangible benefit (tangible to me) that if the team run the table, then the incoming Coach won't have to think (and lower expectation) and sell that he is coming as a savior of this sinking ship, and needs time. And thus, he has to rebuild and keep more water from coming in, so he is all in on stopping and stabilizing the hemorrhaging (bleeding) before he could tackle the task at hand....then the whole cycle of rebuilding is being re-run all over again. [***** that!]

A winning current UM team blunts that crap, and the incoming Coach, Butch or whomever most elite Coach, would recognize they need to start playing for Titles right away, and ***** rebuilding. Rather, just win and re-load ! What should a parent want? If UM get blown out by UNC this Saturday, the new coach will be announced shortly. Having patience brings the best karma for UM Football and your son's future team.

I'd hate for it to go like that and would hate to be right this way, but we might just be hiring Butch in a couple of days if the Canes keep playing like this and the refs killing us along the way.

Can we just hire Butch or Herman at halftime? The downside of any "distraction" cannot be worse than the impact of yet another humiliating loss.

With Canes OFFICIALLY OUT of the Coastal race and playing only for a pride, a pride that is not worthy to delay announcing the new Coach, namely Butch Davis.

It Canes ain't winning while losing like this UNC bloodbath, I'd guarantee you that recruits will stop dropping like flies.

Uncertainty with who is your next coach, with a team that is sucking is the perfect recipe for a disaster in recruiting and losing all of your players that really want to come just because their college is The []_[]

UF lost so many recruits when Muschamp was lame duck coach; better believe that it will happen here too.

I guess they suppose a new coach is gonna have a wonderful to come in and clean up on the recruiting trail because we're THE U . So much cleaning on that trail that UM can just chill for the best option & delay to put in the new coach at the helm.

I say UM can't afford to wait!

^ If they are holding out for Herman or a "home run" hire, then there isn't much we can do. But if they are serious about hiring Butch they should do it as soon as possible to try to save the recruiting class. And if they make us suffer through this entire season only to hire Mario or Chud, I'm going to lose my ****.

Advertisement

With Canes OFFICIALLY OUT of the Coastal race and playing only for a pride, a pride that is not worthy to delay announcing the new Coach, namely Butch Davis.

It Canes ain't winning while losing like this UNC bloodbath, I'd guarantee you that recruits will stop dropping like flies.

Uncertainty with who is your next coach, with a team that is sucking is the perfect recipe for a disaster in recruiting and losing all of your players that really want to come just because their college is The []_[]

UF lost so many recruits when Muschamp was lame duck coach; better believe that it will happen here too.

I guess they suppose a new coach is gonna have a wonderful to come in and clean up on the recruiting trail because we're THE U . So much cleaning on that trail that UM can just chill for the best option & delay to put in the new coach at the helm.

I say UM can't afford to wait!

^ If they are holding out for Herman or a "home run" hire, then there isn't much we can do. But if they are serious about hiring Butch they should do it as soon as possible to try to save the recruiting class. And if they make us suffer through this entire season only to hire Mario or Chud, I'm going to lose my ****.

With UM getting blown like these Clemson and UNC games, the whole athletic dept and the people running it look like a freaking mess.

Add the ****ed off fans who now seem split again on who to pick as a Coach, favoring one coach here, hating on another coach there, and rumors running amok, no real coaching prospect is gonna want to come here, as opposed going to all the other coaching vacancy clamoring for the elite coaches.

Uknowhat says "hire a coach" already. That is not just a Cane fan saying that. This is likely what the recruits and family altogether are feeling; not just recruits that have been on the fence dancing with other suitors.

I know that all these UM Honchos really want IS to officially go after some big name guy, as they did with Gruden, such Chip Kelly, Chuck Pagano, and have them say NO> Then turn back to Butch, as they told Barry Jackson they wanted to do since Butch is their fall back guy. Fact is, Butch is the guy.

But they want to go through this make believe that they are doing due diligence first.

In the meantime,

Miami is burning and they playing the fiddle...

I agree, we need to hire an coach asap for many reasons. The new coach has to recruit the **** out of quality Olinemen and Dlinemen because getting the loftus and our current OL commit is not going to cut it. This years OL and DL recruits will determine if Miami will succeed, you win key games with good coaching and up front and I currently trust no OL we currently have on the roster, we need to bring in 4-5 OL in this class along with 3 DTs. Personally, I would go with Herman, the Butch Dorsey combo frightens me. Bringing Butch back does not mean getting back to Miami football. Winning in impressive fashion means getting back to Miami football and I know herman's offense would bring it.

crossover22[]_[];2366844 said:
I think we all want a coach hired soon. But its best that time is taken to make the best decision.

You have to be joking right ? Let's wait around to all the good coaches are gone that's your plan ?

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];2366844 said:
I think we all want a coach hired soon. But its best that time is taken to make the best decision.

You have to be joking right ? Let's wait around to all the good coaches are gone that's your plan ?

No coaches have been taken. Hires happen in December, not November.

Advertisement
Back