Highlights: Patrick Joyner looking like a must get prospect

View as article
Advertisement
Miami is in a very good spot to flip. I wouldn't be posting about him like this if there was not a real chance.

If you're familiar with reading the Pete Leaves you know this. Pete isn't on here pumping up guys that he's sure are going to FSU. He must feel good.

Miami is in a very good spot to flip. I wouldn't be posting about him like this if there was not a real chance.

If you're familiar with reading the Pete Leaves you know this. Pete isn't on here pumping up guys that he's sure are going to FSU. He must feel good.

Also, it should show you how Miami feels about their chances that there haven't been any new names emerging at LB.

Also, it should show you how Miami feels about their chances that there haven't been any new names emerging at LB.

Your confidence shows me how Miami feels.

Any new Offers will tell us what's up with the current recruits or potential targets...

Pete's on the mission, we good.

Advertisement

But is this smart?

Everything I've seen from him has been pro-FSU.

Seems like in an area of need, we'd do more than a hard stop at a kid who is publicly all-FSU.

I'm not an insider, have no information, and realize you're the best at what you do. But from my outsider perspective I can't say I'm confident that it's a good idea to put all our LB eggs in a committed FSU prospect. Just an amateur viewpoint from someone who has zero info (me) other than what's in the public domain.

But is this smart?

Everything I've seen from him has been pro-FSU.

Seems like in an area of need, we'd do more than a hard stop at a kid who is publicly all-FSU.

I'm not an insider, have no information, and realize you're the best at what you do. But from my outsider perspective I can't say I'm confident that it's a good idea to put all our LB eggs in a committed FSU prospect. Just an amateur viewpoint from someone who has zero info (me) other than what's in the public domain.

The beauty of it is UM's ultimate success in this regard is not at all dependent on your confidence in the situation

We should also know by now that Miami can sometimes be too confident when it comes to recruiting

Hopefully they've learned their lessons and this isn't the case here

Advertisement

We should also know by now that Miami can sometimes be too confident when it comes to recruiting

Hopefully they've learned their lessons and this isn't the case here

How is feeling confident you can flip a guy a bad thing? Pete never said Joyner was a slam dunk.

Confidence is a good thing. Nothing more pathetic than a diffident recruiter.

[MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] Joyner looks phenomenal. Bonitto also looks like the goods. If Joyner sticks with the Trailerhassee crew who is next? I think Bonitto would commit if offered and he's lighting it up against very good comp

As OCC said ,all I've ever seen or heard out of this kid's mouth is all pro-nole.

I love that your feeling good about this kid and I trust your connections on the kid but I sure would feel better if I saw the kid write or say at least ONE thing that wasn't pro-nole.

Having said that,again agreeing with OCC I find it hard to believe we are putting all our eggs in the basket of a kid that's committed to our rival and publically continues to speak nothing but positives about it.

You and the staff are obviously more knowledgeable than I am regarding the kid but it sure seems we are being set up for a big letdown here and then will be left scrambling again for a LB the way we were last year for a RB.

As OCC said ,all I've ever seen or heard out of this kid's mouth is all pro-nole.

I love that your feeling good about this kid and I trust your connections on the kid but I sure would feel better if I saw the kid write or say at least ONE thing that wasn't pro-nole.

Having said that,again agreeing with OCC I find it hard to believe we are putting all our eggs in the basket of a kid that's committed to our rival and publically continues to speak nothing but positives about it.

You and the staff are obviously more knowledgeable than I am regarding the kid but it sure seems we are being set up for a big letdown here and then will be left scrambling again for a LB the way we were last year for a RB.

That's all we're saying.

Pete is the best in the biz, so I know we have a shot, I don't doubt it. But at a critical position, shouldn't we be offering more than one LB or am I missing something with the numbers?

Advertisement

Is Pierre strictly backup for Joyner, Pete?

All I know is SoFla has some talented LBs for this 2018' class, and if Miami wanted to take 2 or 3 their are definitely some good ones to pick from!! Diaz wants speed at that position and there is plenty of it in the area..

And it will be the same situation next year for Surge 19', I say stack up and let the competition play out..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back