Highlights: Art Sitkowski first 3 games (senior season)

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Here are some clips of Miami QB commit Artur Sitkowski from the first three games of his senior season at IMG.

[TWEET]909471115755614214[/TWEET]

Advertisement
The tools are certainly there, like how he has some speed too and is not stiff when running at 6'6 220

Ill saw this after watching him live here in San Diego a few weeks ago.

He is definitely a development QB who needs to learn how to look for all reads.

Advertisement
The tools are certainly there, like how he has some speed too and is not stiff when running at 6'6 220

I have to agree. When he's "on", he looks really good. I do worry about his mental game and whether he can be consistent. Reminds me a little too much of Kyle Wright. But I trust Richt's QB choices.

I have to agree. When he's "on", he looks really good. I do worry about his mental game and whether he can be consistent. Reminds me a little too much of Kyle Wright. But I trust Richt's QB choices.
Not sure I have the same blind trust in Rick's QB choices, but I see a camp circuit robot when I see Pickowski. There are things you can teach and there are things you can't. You can't really teach quick twitch mental stuff and you can't teach feel.

Advertisement
I'd be interested to know long he's been playing for. Also, maybe a TE? Great looking athlete and has all the tools, seems like he might even be over coached right now. I could see him killing it in an offense where he mostly ran.

I'd be interested to know long he's been playing for. Also, maybe a TE? Great looking athlete and has all the tools, seems like he might even be over coached right now. I could see him killing it in an offense where he mostly ran.

That was your take away from those highlights?

Not sure I have the same blind trust in Rick's QB choices, but I see a camp circuit robot when I see Pickowski. There are things you can teach and there are things you can't. You can't really teach quick twitch mental stuff and you can't teach feel.

I agree. All the comments I hear from this kid are "he has an NFL body", "when he's on, he's real good," etc. When all your known for is off field or 7x7 rather than on-field production, it usually leads to a lackluster college career. Heck, look at jack Alison.

Advertisement
I'm not sure you can tell that much from watching a 2 or so minute video, with about 12-15 plays. I certainly can't.

This is a missed QB evaluation, no getting around it. May be moot if Perry pans out but not feeling too great about this kid or his upside

Advertisement
Y'all acting as if he's been terrible this season. He hasn't ,we have seen way worse including in the last couple of years of our qbs committed having bad seasons. Gray crow, Kevin Olsen and Jack Allison had terrible final season stats and sitkowski is out pacing them now while playing tougher teams behind a sh*tty oline with bad offensive play calling. **** matt corral the qb some of you like to hype up that is committed to uf had is possibly the worst game statistically you can have as a qb by throwing 4 ints in his last game. Does that mean he isn't good all of a sudden? No... it's not excuses it's just facts. Meanwhile despite the oline blunders(4star center who can't even snap the ball right and rolls it on the ground, other high ranked olineman missing blocks and terrible play calling he has shown that he can throw the ball well, shows mental and physical toughness and can run when he needs too. In fact out all the qbs we have recruited since 2012 he's the second most talented qb after nkosi perry imo when you combine his arm talent and running ability. I would rather our coaches work with him over any of the other qbs we have recruited the last 5 or 6 years other than perry and maybe* kaaya(never liked that he couldn't run or didn't choose to.)

Last edited:
This dude has major upside. Great footwork, mobile, has a sling shot release and fires lasers, as well as a nice deep ball. From watching some games, he just needs to work on receiver anticipation/timing on some deep throws on some of the interceptions.

Advertisement
Back