Highlights and updates of Canes commits/targets in action this season

01Canes

Senior
It's that time of year again! This thread can be updated with highlight clips and any updates for Miami commits/targets now that the 2019 season is getting underway.

2020 WR commit Marcus Fleming vs. Palm Beach Central

2020 LB commit Alvin "AJ" Mathis vs. Lake Wales

2020 CB commit Marcus Clarke vs. Lyman

Advertisement
Advertisement
Like to lock kitchens up...There's some James Lewis to his game, with some physicality in his sophomore highlights. More physical Mo Sikes maybe? Not ready to label him an in-box safety just yet, although I think he can handle that role if nothing else.

Quick thoughts after only watching those short clips:
  • Fleming: we must do our everything to keep him. He has elite speed and good size.
  • Mathis: looked solid. Glad he’s healthy and making plays.
  • Clarke: similar to Fleming, we must do everything to keep him. Kid might be too electric to put on defense. Love seeing him play both ways though.
  • Washington: dude is an enormous human. He looks really raw but I like the potential and him playing some defensive end is a good sign about his athleticism.
  • Brantley: looks to be in the Brevin Jordan mold. Still want to see him make more tight end plays.
  • Kitchens: looks like a big time player. Hopefully we are all over this kid.
Awesome thread!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Clarke reminds me of Darrelle Revis athletically. First time I've ever said that. The cliche "baller/good football player" evaluation suits him well.

Washington reminds me of Brent Urban. I played against him as a 16 year old and wasn't impressed but he ended up developing into a tough interior guy who can eat up space and push the pocket with his length. I guess the lesson is when a guy has a frame like that and decent movement skills there's hidden upside. I still see Washington as a boom/bust project.

i see nothing about jaquan in Restrepo. Are they both short? sure. Although Restrepo may have the faster 40 time, he doesn't have jaquan's range or thud when arriving to the ball

You misunderstood what I meant. I didn’t say they were the same style of player I said they both are always around the ball and get the job done.

Advertisement
You misunderstood what I meant. I didn’t say they were the same style of player I said they both are always around the ball and get the job done.
Even still, they're not comparable. Jaquan is one of the best ever to do it coming out of Dade county (freshman, sophomore, junior and senior year). They only compare in the sense that they both lack ideal height.

Advertisement
Back