Highest Ranked Team In Florida

mdpcane

All-American
COACHES Poll out today --- UCF is ranked #9 Miami #15 Florida #16

Last edited:
Advertisement
UCF's offense is for real. Their QB is the truth. Don't know much about the rest of their team.

Just win the games on our schedule. We are where we should be based off our body of work IMO.

Advertisement
If UCF played in any power 5 conf they would lose 3-4 games and no ones changing my mind on that

put UCF on the schedule annually so this can be squashed. They have no biz being in top 10. have played absolutely nobody

put UCF on the schedule annually so this can be squashed. They have no biz being in top 10. have played absolutely nobody

My heart says the same

My brain says those are the types of teams we give minimal effort on and they bring their A game and end up maybe winning.

Until we stop with bs losses once a year, like Pitt last year, I will probably think that

Advertisement
The offense is legit..cant say the same about the defense..would be shame if they got a new year 6 bowl..playing Usf is not a measuring stick of greatness

UCF's offense is for real. Their QB is the truth. Don't know much about the rest of their team.

It's for real playing against the American. Let's see what happens if they had to play Power 5 athletes week in and week out, not just a couple times per year. It's the depth of talent that is the difference between the big boys and the mid majors

Miami crushed them in their own house once before, and that was with Randy Shannon leading the way. A competent Miami program should be able to stomp a mud hole in UCF. Then again, we know UCF isn't taking that call, why wouldn't Miami not want to have a legit OOC game close to home? Going to Toledo and Boone does little for the program, having a glorified home game in Orlando is great for both the program and the fanbase.

Miami's schedule not exactly a who's who of college football - UCF would at most one loss vs Miami's schedule

No. Why give them credibility? UCFs place is in their G5 conference. There’s no upside to playing them.

Advertisement
Miami v. UCF would be a dog fight and if we didn't bring our A++ game we get run off the field.

Maybe we get to find out on NYD if we don't win the ACC Championship. I, for one, would LOVE to see the matchup.

Their offense is unreal efficient and the talent gap isn't as far off as you'd think. Outside of our DL, I am not sure there is that much of a difference. This is a very similar UCF team that went toe to toe with Auburn, beat'em when it mattered, but had more talent at most position groups and had some of the best players on the field, period.

To be fair they did beat Auburn in last years bowl game 34-27 and Auburn beat Alabama 26-14. I think our defense could shut them down though, this years defense.

No. Why give them credibility? UCFs place is in their G5 conference. There’s no upside to playing them.
If you look at the polls the last few years, they have credibility as the best non power 5 school in America?? You don’t have to be a power 5 program to be a good program. I would love to start a home and home annually rather than home and homes vs arky st, Toledo or app state.

Advertisement
My heart says the same

My brain says those are the types of teams we give minimal effort on and they bring their A game and end up maybe winning.

Until we stop with bs losses once a year, like Pitt last year, I will probably think that
Nah. I think our guys would get up for UCF. These guys have each other from pop, HS or the camps. They’d be considered a pretty good quality Outta conference win annually. Plus it’s not a far trip so potential recruits that we want from that area can check out the canes . I think it’s a win win

UCF looks good but to be honest I think USF looks better than they do.
I think the Bulls beat them and win the conference.

Advertisement
Back