Hey Manny, I hear Will Muschamp is on sale right now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Muschimp runs a 3 - 4

Dude is a good ole boy Alpha. He will end up as DC at an SEC team.

Dude will not work for Manny. I bet he doesn’t even respect Manny. Manny would not hire him. Manny would see him as a threat.

Judging by Andrew’s post yesterday about Simpson possibly returning I would say Banda or Simpson and of the experienced names out there I only see Charlie Strong possibly coming here.

Why not roll the dice on Simpson. Guy would garner more respect from the players. Prob correct about Muschamp. If we want to play big boy ball you gotta pay big boy money. Lashlee prob getting a cool mil, we need to pony up same on DC side and let him run the show and get his guys.

Muschamp working under Diaz? Yeah right. Aside from Lashlee who isn't elite but solid along with some of the others on offense our staff is a joke. Imagine him pulling up to an interview and Diaz telling Muschamp he has to retain a bartender and a loaf of a CB coach who can't recruit worth a ****.
Wake up guys...

Reading between the lines from his herald interview Blake and others on the defensive staff are gone after bowl game.

“My feeling is you wait for a season to end, you evaluate the season in its entirety and then you do what’s best to improve the football team. It obviously worked for us a year ago...We had a really bad result last weekend and it doesn’t hurt anybody more than it hurts Blake. And really it’s not just Blake it’s really the entire defensive staff"

So to me this says he made changes last year and they worked. Which is a fact as the O was better. Looks like he will do the same with the D this time.

Advertisement
As DC, Will has been good. As a HC, he has been ****. I hope he knows his limits by now and comes if offered. Time for him to swallow that ego. You watch, he will end up at Alabaga and thrive.

Reading between the lines from his herald interview Blake and others on the defensive staff are gone after bowl game.

“My feeling is you wait for a season to end, you evaluate the season in its entirety and then you do what’s best to improve the football team. It obviously worked for us a year ago...We had a really bad result last weekend and it doesn’t hurt anybody more than it hurts Blake. And really it’s not just Blake it’s really the entire defensive staff"

So to me this says he made changes last year and they worked. Which is a fact as the O was better. Looks like he will do the same with the D this time.
I feel the same and hope we are correct.

Muschamp has waaaaay to much testosterone for Beta boy
Miami Hurricanes Thumbs Up GIF by ESPN

Advertisement

This scares me to think he wont make changes. If he actually looks at the games and not the W/L totals he will see he needs to let a few go.

Last edited:

As ****ed as I am tight now, I fully understand that Manny's not leaving for at least another year. My head tells me this is Manny's dream job and he'll do what's necessary to improve the defense even if it means repalcing the entire staff because he knows 2021 is his last chance to prove himself worthy. My heart has been broken far too many times to listen to my head, so I try to make it just stay quiet.

Advertisement
Manny will not fire his sons Banda, Baker or Patke. Rumph gets replaced and Stroud retires for health reasons.

Manny will definitely make changes to the defensive staff. Just don't see Muschamp as the right fit. Also not sure that his reputation as a defensive guru isn't overstated.

Barry Odom would be a good candidate. Has coordinated some very good defenses and has HC experience as well. Plays a 4-3 agressive D. Its alot more sound than Mannys chaotic scheme.

Muschump at DC...no thanks. He gets slaughtered by any offense with speed. I’d be okay with a 3-4 as it’s proven effective against today’s offenses. However, it isn’t Miami. I’d rather have Diaz back calling the defense. Heck, old Randy Shannon would be an upgrade over Baker running Manny’s defense.

Advertisement
Back