Hey Manny! Have you seen our OL?

Advertisement
No confidence in the new scheme, OL coach, and QB to collectively improve the OL? If not, curious as to why, bc I expect a significant jump.

I was talking to an FSU buddy at lunch today. We were talking about what really went wrong with their offense last season. According to him it all started with horrible OL play, which we all saw first hand in our game with them. If things look like a disaster after spring ball, I’m betting that all of the offensive coaches and Manny will scour the entire planet for quality linemen that will fit into the system and be an upgrade. No way Manny wants to go out like Willie.

Advertisement
Line for next yr.

LT - Cochran/Zion/Washington
LG - Scaife/Campbell/Ousman
C - Gaynor/Clark
RG - Hattis/Reed
RT - Rivers/EL Gammal

I may be in the minority but I like Scaife at tackle. He played it in high school, in the camps and at Miami. He's only 6'3 but has long arms and is our second best athlete on the OL.

I've seen Scaife w/o pads and concur. He doesn't have the bulk and frame to play inside, IMO.

Advertisement
If Miami doesn't get a left tackle through the portal...think Devin Cochran...

Am I the only one that thinks that it needs to be Scaife at LT? He's your best lineman and he's got tackle skills. Its got to be him at the most important position on the line.

ivins thinks the new OL coach wants to see what he has before bringing in any transfers. We may get a couple of lineman that are enrolling in may.

What there to see? Just look at the film... even Stevie Wonder can see what we need....

Advertisement
Back