Hey Charlie, Is this hard to give us? Get to work!

Advertisement
First time I saw him play as a freshman, he stood out so much that I knew he'd be great. Not sure I can say that about anyone else...

I was actually at his first game, the 93 season opener at BC. He got a bit of garbage time late. I recall James Burgess being the big LB recruit that season, and then Jeffrey Taylor

His first start was against a really talented Colorado team filled with NFL guys on offense, and you just knew -- this guy had 'it'. Turned Robert Bass into our Wally Pipp

People forget he signed so late that he wasn't even in the team media guide for his freshman year

Unrealistic expectations for ANY LB coach. Let’s not attach unrealistic expectations so later on when they’re not met, fans don’t talk **** about the coaches when those fans expectations aren’t met.
Facts. They do that **** all the time.

Advertisement
yes, at the Rose Bowl in 95. The season opener. I was there. It was surreal seeing UM in my city.

Ray kept us in that ballgame almost singlehandedly before Earl Little muffed the punt into the endzone for a UCLA touchdown. He was about the only guy that game that didn't quit as things went south that night in the second half

There were games that season where Ray would hold things together, make all sorts of plays. I still say he should'v'e won the Butkus Award that season but since UM was basically on probation and not as good as years past, I thought was penalized for it

Good stuff - I remember KAJ absolutely torched us.

Good stuff - I remember KAJ absolutely torched us.
I still recall Jonathen Ogden just caving in the right side of our line by himself it seemed like

Even though we still had some top notch players, it was really evident how bare Erickson had left the cupboard bare for Butch, right then and there in that game

Advertisement
Back