Hey, Al, the defense is dragging down the offense

bacane

Junior
We're so eager to highlight or bring up how the offense impacts the D with turnovers and "money down" failures, but this goes both ways. Kaaya & Co can't get to "money downs" or put points on the board when the ****** D can't get off the field and GT has more than double the possession time. Yeah, a young QB comes with growing pains, but this D is a coach killer.

Advertisement
Its funny how he continues to blame the offense. With a freshman QB, you expect the Defense, which you had 3 years to build, to help out the offense. But with Golden its a 19 year old true freshman quarterbacks job to keep his pathetic defense off the field. What a joke of a "coach"

A lot of Kaaya's picks are when he's being put in situations where a play has to be made...i.e 4th down, trailing in the 4th, etc... The defense is putting a lot of pressure on this offense. Just what a true freshman needs.

Advertisement
Golden will defend whatever unit or individual is being criticized most harshly at the time and that is usually the defense due to its longstanding issues. He is in total damage control mode whipping out his fire extinguisher at the lastest fire. If Coley became the whipping boy, he'd tell you we need to execute better on defense to give the offense more chances.

You'd be best served ignoring what he says. Nothing he says is going to be well-received at this time, most is predictable, and four years tells us what we need to know about him at this point.

Its all bad if you ask me. we say Kayaa is a true freshman but we are treating like a Senior. he goes out and make changes at the line and all this stuff. he is 6 games in now. so the True Freshman stuff is out the window now. Coley has adjusted to what Kayaa strentgh our but Kayaa is forcing things which he shouldnt have too. he is not Tom Brady but has the confidence like him which i love but he needs to take care of the ball point blank period. if he is the best we have. he needs to do better. and if you want to go to the true freshman angle. why is duke not carrying this team liek ameer abdullah is for Nebraska. it should be Duke then Kayaa but its Kayaa the Duke as far as Hierarchy goes. I love seeing Kayaa tear it up but the INTs have to stop. 2 INTS a game is bad for our already horrible defense.

the defense is awful as it come. its like they dont even practice. all the time. what do they do? they are always unprepared and cant seem to figure anything out. they are consistently lost on almost every play. they are very passive and have no intensity. too many miss tackles. too many predictable plays. Paul Johnson was laughing because he knew it was the dumbest defensive scheme he had ever seen against his triple option. he did with any good coach with do. run it down throats because the middle is wide open. the center is completely left uncovered that a straight shot at denzel every play who is 10 yards off the ball playing safety. thats an automatic 6 yards. all i could do was laugh because it was utter complete garbage.

Advertisement
and special teams are dragging down the offense. I have not seen our special teams this bad EVER.

Golden is responsible for the special teams. This coaching staff is embarrassing. Zero adjustments in 6 games.

Duke Game was how a defense should look like. they just did to save D'no and went right back to the garbage scheme the next week.

I was referring to in game adjustments. The Duke game looked like a really defense I agree. Too bad we may never see it again under these two D'Bags.

and special teams are dragging down the offense. I have not seen our special teams this bad EVER.

Golden is responsible for the special teams. This coaching staff is embarrassing. Zero adjustments in 6 games.

Duke Game was how a defense should look like. they just did to save D'no and went right back to the garbage scheme the next week.

I was referring to in game adjustments. The Duke game looked like a really defense I agree. Too bad we may never see it again under these two D'Bags.
In that case. You are completely right. They look Like robots out there. No fun.

Advertisement
Golden will defend whatever unit or individual is being criticized most harshly at the time and that is usually the defense due to its longstanding issues. He is in total damage control mode whipping out his fire extinguisher at the lastest fire. If Coley became the whipping boy, he'd tell you we need to execute better on defense to give the offense more chances.

You'd be best served ignoring what he says. Nothing he says is going to be well-received at this time, most is predictable, and four years tells us what we need to know about him at this point.

i really dont understand why more people cant see this

The crappy defense has nothing to do with the offense converting 22% on third down, or running double reverses and WR screens when the running game is averaging over 7 yds per carry. There's more than enough blame to go around.

Constantly blaming the offense (ie Coley) for defensive ineffiency has gotten old.

This sort of got me thinking. I wonder if Golden and Dorito, being boys, have something against Coley personally. I can't see any rational coach coming out after that game and blaming the offense for the defense sucking.

We barely touched the ball on offense the second half and pretty much were forced to score a TD every possession to either catch up. The QB mistakes would've been mitigated if we weren't "forced" to score and take unusual chances down the field.

This game was on the defenses inability to get a stop and keep the game close. The offense didn't allow the fake punt or the 3rd down pass interference call.

Advertisement
I can see in some cases, where the offense doesn't do anything, how it may affect the D. That was not the case with GT.

Advertisement
Back