Hey Adidas! Join the party!

That makes no sense if that’s what adidas is saying

Y? KU has a strong following, left Nike for them, had a chance to leave twice, and stuck with them, and are a blue blood basketball program.

Louisville has been an Adidas sponsored program for like forever and have a good athletic dept.

Advertisement
Adidas just dropped John Wall (first time I've ever heard of a shoe company releasing a player from their contract when there was no off-court issues). Adidas is going to look towards players that will make them money. For the last time, we are not their flagship any longer. Just like Michigan was supposed to be their flagship, they were soon forgotten. We gotta make them remember us, or we'll be forgotten like John Wall is.
Problem is we are the currently the Dwight Howard of college football: hopeless since around 09.

That makes no sense if that’s what adidas is saying
Adidas has a way easier time marketing for Kansas, like a josh Jackson for instance. He was a guaranteed lottery pick. They know him wearing Adidas for one year is going to make them a lot of money. Now take Miami football for example. Jeff Thomas? Brevin? it just isn't the same.

Y? KU has a strong following, left Nike for them, had a chance to leave twice, and stuck with them, and are a blue blood basketball program.

Louisville has been an Adidas sponsored program for like forever and have a good athletic dept.
I can see the basketball angle. But football?
I guess I have my orange and green on.
But if I’m the ceo of adidas or the marketing director for adidas I’m ****ed the fck of every year watching Nike schools all over the tv come New Years and playoff season.
But come to think of it, maybe that’s part of the problem. Adidas is a foreign company and might see basketball with more of a global impact than cfb.
But Nike marketing is way more aggressive than adidas. I remember when nobody wore Nike soccer cleats. I mean they never even made any worth a ****. As soon as soccer started gaining popularity
here in America those dudes at nike went after all the best players in the world and signed them to record contracts. They basically cornered a soccer market that was dominated by adidas and a few other foreign brands. Remember when Nike didn’t make any golf sht? But when they did they went after the top dog and outbid every other brand in the sport. Nike is fckng ruthless.

Advertisement
"Wrapper"
1572403610250.jpeg

Adidas has a way easier time marketing for Kansas, like a josh Jackson for instance. He was a guaranteed lottery pick. They know him wearing Adidas for one year is going to make them a lot of money. Now take Miami football for example. Jeff Thomas? Brevin? it just isn't the same.
This is why Nike freaking dominates man. That sht is a **** loser mentality. They’re basically quitting and let Nike have the **** run of cfb. Nike understands marketing and branding way better than anyone. Who’s the first school Nike went after in CFB? It was us. And it was because our sht was being worn all over the **** country.
They pay to outfit schools knowing they’re sht is going to be all over prime time tv. Whatever price they pay a school is earned back many times over. So while a few lottery picks will make them some money. How much money are the top ten teams making for Nike? Way more than a few lottery picks.
I guarantee you if we start winning Nike will outbid anything adidas throws at us.

This is why Nike freaking dominates man. That sht is a **** loser mentality. They’re basically quitting and let Nike have the **** run of cfb. Nike understands marketing and branding way better than anyone. Who’s the first school Nike went after in CFB? It was us. And it was because our sht was being worn all over the **** country.
They pay to outfit schools knowing they’re sht is going to be all over prime time tv. Whatever price they pay a school is earned back many times over. So while a few lottery picks will make them some money. How much money are the top ten teams making for Nike? Way more than a few lottery picks.
I guarantee you if we start winning Nike will outbid anything adidas throws at us.
Of course Nike dominates. I'm not comparing Adidas to nike.im comparing Adidas to Adidas bc that's what we are. Obviously nike is far and above Adidas in all collegiate marketing and branding. My point was for specifically Adidas. The few lottery picks from Kansas or Louisville for sure makes more money than Miami football or any player at Miami right now. This is about Adidas not nike, we're not signed to nike anymore for a reason. Miami wasn't on prime-time tv for what four or five weeks? were not even getting prime time for the fsu game. I see your point but that's a big IF we start winning. We are a ******* dumpster fire right now.

Advertisement
Nike schools stay winning

So here’s a true story, D....

So my baby relative went to Michigan and graduated right after they left Adidas. She said the whole campus was buzzing. Harbaugh comes on board and the 1st thing he request was “pls don’t resign w Adidas. We need to go Nike b/c we need that association, that perception of being associated w the best.”

Student store opens up, and they immediately sell out of everything.

Read an article, and Woodson talked to the AD and said imma holla at Mike to see if we can get blessed w Jordan sponsoring Michigan v. Nike b/c no one is doing that, and who wouldn’t want to be associated w a GOAT.

Perception is everything. The only Florida schools sponsored by Adidas is FAU, FIU, and now Miami. Smh. Let that sink in.

If only adidas put the same money into football as they do basketball.

They took a big risk with Miami and then UCLA. For all intents and purposes it failed. Both football programs are garbage. Why would they take more risks like that when they have cash cows in Louisville and KU in basketball?

It’s also a much safer bet than football too. Teams can turn it around in one year and people buy basketball shoes in mass not football cleats. I just can’t fault a company for making smart decisions on what makes them money. Although I like what they have done with our equipment it just sucks that we are stuck with them, bc it hasn’t turned out as well as it could have after all the big unveiling’s when we signed

Advertisement
No lie, I expect more ish from Adidas man .... We should be the front runner in college sports period. We technically didn't really need them but Nike Flawed on us. Adidas has to push more stuff out and get more creative in its college sports specifically with US.

Starting off with some Yeezy Cleats. lol Orange or All Black ones with the black socks for our bois.

Str8 Fire!

We are definitely a marquee program name for them but kids they may sign for lucrative contracts don't necessarily need to sign with Miami to reap the rewards.

I really want to see what Dyme Lyfe comes up with for collabs with current players in order to get them paid. They can likely do better deals for players than Adidas or Nike who are trying to keep multiple schools happy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back